The authorities in Wuhan, the city where the outbreak of coronavirus has emerged that has so far killed 25 in China, have begun to build a "special" hospital with 1,000 beds for infected patients, state daily People's Daily reported.
In a message posted on its Twitter social network account (platform censored in China), the newspaper said the works are scheduled to be completed on February 3.
The construction, the source said, follows "the model of the hospital erected in Beijing in seven days to combat acute and severe respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2003".
In the video posted next to the message, you can see dozens of excavators and other construction vehicles working on an esplanade.
In addition, the state press reported the creation of an emergency investigation team to combat the coronavirus that causes Wuhan pneumonia, which until midnight on Thursday (4 pm GMT yesterday) had infected 830 people in China.
The objective of the investigation will be the location of the original source, the performance of rapid tests and the development of a vaccine against the coronavirus.
The team will be led by the renowned expert Zhong Nanshan, a 83-year-old doctor who stood out for his role in the SARS crisis 17 years ago.