why is this a good time to do it

For years energy efficiency has been key when building or rehabilitating a home. And yet, it has been in recent times when everything related to energy saving has taken on a new dimension. In the midst of uncertainty due to the complex international situation, making our homes more efficient is not just a great idea: it is a commitment to the future.

Some banking entities have decided to bet on financial solutions focused on promoting not only rehabilitation to improve energy efficiency, but also accessibility. In case of Advance Credit is, perhaps, the most illustrative example of this bet. It is a line of financing created by Deutsche Bank for communities of owners.

Specifically, the German bank has launched the Footprint 0 Loan, focused on savings and aspects directly related to energy efficiency such as the rehabilitation of facades and roofs, the installation of solar panels or enclosures. For this, it has a team that has more than 25 years of experience and a firm commitment to sustainability.

Deutsche Bank makes tailor-made suits for each project, offering financing of up to 100% of the cost of the work, with payment facilities of up to 15 years and a grace period of up to 24 months. All this, so that the communities of owners can pay for the works during their execution, until the subsidy is received and also after receiving it, financing the part of the work that is not subsidized. At Avanza Credit they have a commitment to respond to requests within a maximum period of 48 hours..., collaborating with all the social and economic agents involved in the rehabilitation: construction companies, public administrations, owners, neighborhood associations, property managers, architects , etc.

This commitment is reflected in the data: at Avanza Credit, 50% of the works financed by Deutsche Bank are focused on improving accessibility through the installation of elevators and access ramps. Works to improve energy efficiency represent the other 50%. Within them, 90% corresponds to insulation of facades and the remaining 10% to replacement of coal boilers and installation of photovoltaic panels for self-consumption.

AN IMPROVEMENT IN QUALITY OF LIFE

In Spain, 50% of the buildings are over 40 years old, which translates into a highly improvable energy efficiency: 85% of homes have an energy rating of E, F and G, far from ideal to achieve greater comfort and a substantial reduction in the electricity bill. With regard to accessibility, the figures also invite reflection: it is estimated that around 75% of homes are not accessible. Four out of ten buildings with 4 floors or more do not have an elevator.

For all these reasons, the plans are ambitious. The 'Long-term strategy for energy rehabilitation in the building sector in Spain', drawn up by the Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda, has set the energy improvement goal of 1.2 million homes. The objective for the year 2050 is to reduce the final energy consumption of the building sector by 36.6% compared to the current level. It is, therefore, the time to invest in rehabilitating homes and neighborhood communities. Initiatives that improve people's quality of life, but also turn our cities into more friendly, sustainable and efficient places.

The Next Generation funds in the Canary Islands

To all of the above, another factor must be added: the Next Generation funds, which will have an important item destined for the Canary Islands. Specifically, the community has allocated more than 558 million euros that will be used to design the Canary Islands of the future, focusing on the ecological transition, demographic revitalization and increased productivity, among other key points. A series of financial instruments aimed at accelerating the reform and investment programs over the coming years. And a money that, in the end, will mean that the rehabilitations have a substantially higher subsidy.

Source link