Buying a home is an economic effort not negligible. You must be very sure of the step that is going to take, since it is a great investment. During the search for an apartment that matches our expectations we must be alert. Before any reason of alarm that leads us to think that they are cheating us, we must know how to react. Since pisos.com We want to help you detect certain unethical practices so that you know how to avoid possible fraud in time:
1. The seller is not the owner. This fraud is classified as a crime of selling something from another person. It consists of the transmission of a property without holding ownership of it. It is a very specific form of deception, given that the alleged seller appears to have a faculty of disposition that is actually lacking. He is sentenced to up to four years in prison. The buyer must always make sure that the seller and the owner coincide by requesting a simple note in the Property registration.
2. Concealment of encumbrances. It is also a scam typified in the Penal Code. The seller consciously hides the loads that weigh on the property. These range from mortgages and foreclosures to neighborhood spills. The Property Registry is the place to go to verify that everything is in order. Likewise, it will be necessary to contact the president of the community or the farm administrator to make sure that the payment of the ordinary and extraordinary fees.
3. Contract simulation. This type of crime leads the buyer to sign a completely false deposit document that has no validity and is a mere excuse for the scammer to take out a money as a signal. Once obtained this amount, the supposed vendor disappears. To avoid this deception, it is important, in addition to going to the corresponding registry, to be advised by a lawyer or to manage the sale through an intermediation agency.
4. Payments in black. This practice was very common during the crisis and is currently re-emerging. The seller agrees to lower the price if the buyer agrees to pay a cash amount outside the tax control. In this way, the seller manages to reduce the surplus value and the buyer, when writing for a lower value, reduces the VAT or ITP. However, when the buyer wants to sell in the future, when figuring a lower acquisition value in the deeds, he will face a higher capital gain.
5. Buy on plane. Many buyers continue battling in the courts to recover amounts paid on account for the purchase of a flat house that was never built. In addition to checking the ownership of the land and ensuring that the developer has the relevant works license, it must be verified in the Commercial Registry that there are no embargo entries or open bankruptcy proceedings. All amounts delivered must be guaranteed or guaranteed.