The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for today, Monday, significantly high temperatures in large areas of the interior of the peninsula, where thermometers will rise above the normal values for this time.
Predominantly cloudy or clear skies are expected, except in the peninsular interior, where the cloudiness of diurnal evolution may reach showers and storms; These will be more likely in the Pyrenees, the Cantabrian mountain range, the Central system and the mountains of the southeast.
Also abundant low clouds are expected at the beginning in the environment of the Cantabrian coast, area of the Strait and Melilla, with some occasional precipitation; in the Canary Islands, cloudy intervals in the north of the islands, with possibility of weak and local rain in those of greater relief, and little cloudy in the south.
Diurnal temperatures with few changes in the peninsular southeast and rising in the rest of the country, especially in the northern third; they will be above the normal values for the time of year in the peninsula, especially in the northern interior, and somewhat below in the Canary Islands.
Intervals of strong east wind in the Strait and the coast of Almería; winds of northern component in Galicia, eastern component in the Mediterranean area and trade winds in the Canary Islands. Loose in the rest, although it is probable that in the plateau and the east of Andalusia there are very strong gusts associated with storms.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
– GALICIA: low clouds in the north third and locally in the center, with associated morning mist, tending to clear in the morning, except in A Mariña; Here, some drizzle is not ruled out. Cloudy or cloudless in the rest, although with some intervals of high clouds and cloudiness of diurnal evolution in the mountains.
Ascent temperatures, more pronounced in the maximum and in the interior. Variable loose wind in the southern interior, and north and northeast in the northern half, more intense in the littoral.
– PRINCIPALITY OF ASTURIAS: of early morning, little cloudy in the mountain range and cloudy in the rest, with probable mists in the valleys, without discarding some drizzle in the western littoral. It will tend to clear in the morning and in the afternoon the intervals of high cloudiness and diurnal evolution will increase in the eastern half and in the mountain range. Here a scattered squall is likely, which may occasionally be stormy in character.
Minimum temperatures in ascent in high areas and with little change in the rest, and maximum in ascent, which locally can be remarkable. On the coast, east and northeast wind easing loose at night. Inside, variable loose wind.
– CANTABRIA: little cloudy, with intervals of low clouds and cloudiness of evolution; possibility of a scattered shower or occasional storm in Liébana and Campoo during the afternoon. No haze is discarded in high areas of the southwest quadrant.
Minimum temperatures with slight changes, predominating increases in the extreme southwest; maximum increases, notable in large areas of the interior, and in Liébana, Campoo and Valderredible exceed 30 degrees. On the coast, loose wind, from east to northeast, and inside, variable loose wind.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: little cloudy, with intervals of low clouds and some early morning haze, mainly in Gipuzkoa; cloudiness of evolution.
Minimum temperatures with slight changes, and maximum increases, notable in large areas of the interior, where you can reach 37 degrees. Variable loose wind, with a predominance of the north in the afternoon.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: little cloudy sky, with low clouds in the early hours at the northern end; cloudiness of evolution in the afternoon. Likely showers, with storms, especially in the north and south.
Climbing temperatures, locally noticeable in the minima in the southeast. Variable winds, loose in general.
– NAVARRA FORAL COMMUNITY: clear, except for some intervals of high clouds and cloudiness of evolution in the afternoon that could lead to an occasional storm in the Pyrenees.
Minimum temperatures with few changes in the west and increasing in the east; maximum increases, noticeable in the northwest, which can reach 36 degrees in low areas of the Pyrenees and 39 in the center and south of the community. Variable loose wind, with a certain predominance of the southeast.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy sky with low clouds in the early hours in the Rioja Alta and cloudiness of evolution in the afternoon, with probable showers. Climbing temperatures, slight in the minimum and more pronounced in the maximum. Variable winds weak, predominating in the southeast in the afternoon.
– ARAGÓN: predominance of clear skies, with cloudiness of diurnal evolution in the afternoon in high areas of the Iberian and Pyrenees, and probability of isolated showers in the Pyrenees divide. Temperatures in light ascent and southeast wind weak, tending to moderate in the afternoon.
– CATALONIA: predominance of clear skies, with cloudiness of diurnal evolution in the afternoon that will leave storms and scattered showers in the Pyrenees.
Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum in ascent, more pronounced in the littoral. Slight variable wind tending to southeast in the afternoon, loose in the north and coastal areas and moderate in the interior of the southern half.
– EXTREMADURA: little cloudy with cloudiness of evolution and probable showers with storms, especially in the north and east. Minimum temperatures in light ascent and maximum without changes or in slight ascent. Variable, loose winds.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: little cloud or cloudiness increasing in the afternoon at intervals of cloudiness of diurnal evolution, mainly in the mountains. Temperatures without changes, except for the minimum ones in this same place, where they rise. Slack wind from the east and southeast with some more intense interval in the afternoon.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: slightly cloudy or clear, increasing in the afternoon at intervals of diurnal cloudiness, mainly in the north and west, without discarding squalls and storms in the west.
Temperatures with few changes, except some ascents of the minimum in the mountains of Guadalajara and northwestern Toledo. Slack wind from the southeast and east, more intense in the Mancha, without ruling out strong gusts associated with storms.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: little cloudy or clear sky and temperatures with few changes. Variable wind weak, tending in the afternoon to moderate in Valencia and Alicante, and southeast in Castellón with moderate intervals in the northern interior.
– MURCIA REGION: skies that are not cloudy or clear, with cloudiness of evolution in the northwest. Temperatures with few changes and northeastern winds on the coast and eastern part in the interior, more intense on the coast.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: clear skies and temperatures with few changes or slight rise. Winds from the east, generally loose, with some breeze in the afternoon.
– ANDALUCÍA: skies little cloudy or clear. In the area of the Strait and Melilla, cloudy skies and mists during the morning, without ruling out some weak and occasional precipitation, opening clear in the afternoon. Clouds of diurnal evolution in the eastern interior and Sierra Morena, with showers and storms that can be accompanied by mud, more intense in the mountains.
Climbing temperatures in the Atlantic littoral and with little change in the rest. Variable winds loose, tending to the southern component and increasing in the afternoon; very strong gusts in storm zones. Lift up strong in the Straits and the Almerian coastline, with occasional very strong gusts.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in the north of the islands of greater relief, cloudy with opening of clearings in the afternoon; in the south and high areas of these islands, little cloudy or clear. In Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, cloudy intervals tending to little cloudy.
Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximums without changes or slight rise. Northeast wind with intervals of strong in slopes southeast and northwest.
(tagsToTranslate) interior (t) peninsula (t) values (t) above (t) normal