Venezuela announced this Sunday three new arrests related to the two failed maritime raids last week, as the number of those captured for these events rises to 37.
"Captured today ... three other terrorist mercenaries," said the Operational Strategic Commander of the Armed Forces, Remigio Ceballos, through his Twitter account.
According to the official, the three men, whose names were not disclosed, were captured in the Tovar municipality of Aragua state, near Caracas and considered a tourist area.
"The search and scrutiny continues," added Ceballos.
Last Sunday, the Venezuelan Executive said that it foiled an armed incursion through the coasts of the state of La Guaira, which resulted in eight dead attackers and two detainees.
A day later, authorities reported the capture of 13 new attackers on the beaches of Aragua state, including former US military personnel Luke Denman and Airan Berry.
"They came out cheap," Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro said Saturday, referring to the death toll during the attacks.
Maduro also insisted yesterday on accusing the Governments of the United States and Colombia, as well as the head of Parliament, Juan Guaidó, for the incursions.
According to the president, Guaidó signed a document with the US military contractor Silvercorp, which is also led by former US military man Jordan Goadreau, for the organization of the attacks.
But Guaidó, who is recognized by fifty countries as the interim president of Venezuela, like the United States and Colombia, has denied these extremes.
The Venezuelan president said that the Colombian president, Iván Duque, denies the accusations of cowardice, in view of the failure of the incursions.
In addition, Maduro indicated that he will keep the so-called "Bolivarian shield" active, 24 hours a day, a series of military exercises that involve the deployment of troops and weapons throughout the Caribbean nation.