March 5, 2021

Total will participate in an 800 megawatt solar power plant in Qatar



The French oil group Total announced on Monday its participation in the construction of the largest photovoltaic solar power plant in Qatar, with capacity for 800 megawatts in peak period.

Al Kharsaah’s project, 80 kilometers west of Doha, the capital, has been attributed to a consortium formed by Marubeni, with a 51% stake, and Total, with the remaining 49%, the French company said in a statement in which he said that it will involve an investment of about 500 million dollars.

According to the development plans, in 2021 it will have an initial capacity of 350 megawatts and a year later it will reach its full capacity, which will represent around 10% of demand in the peak period of Qatar.

The project is associated with an electricity purchase contract with the Kahramaa operator for a period of 25 years.

The plant will be built on land of more than 1,000 hectares and will have two million double-sided solar modules that are expected to take full advantage of the exceptional solar exposure in the region.

.



Source link