Torres maintains that they are working against the clock to rebuild La Palma


The President of the Government of the Canary Islands, Ángel Víctor Torres, said yesterday that all departments are working around the clock to rebuild the damage caused by the volcanic eruption on La Palma. The removal of ashes, the enabling of traffic routes or the first hiring of the Extraordinary Employment Plan without some of the milestones that it underlines.

“Many will be able to return to their homes when the ashes that have buried them are removed, some work that is already being done. In addition, we hope to complete the works that will clear the new highway from Las Manchas to Puerto Naos next week, ”explained the president. To all this are added the tasks to open the connection between La Laguna and Tazacorte, for which it is necessary to dislodge a lava flow in the area that the president visited yesterday.

Torres presided yesterday at the Salazar House in Santa Cruz de La Palmto a new meeting of the Joint Commission for Reconstruction, Recovery and Support to the island of Lto Palma for the volcanic eruption, a public body made up of the Spanish and Canarian governments, the Cabildo de La Palma and the town councils of the Aridane Valley: Los Llanos de Aridane, El Paso and Tazacorte. The Minister of the Presidency, Félix Bolaños, participated electronically.

The head of the Canarian Executive emphasizes the need for an efficient and sustainable reconstruction


decoration

Regarding the organization of the space invaded by the lava flows, the Canarian president explained that the institutions have already "crossed several drafts." On these first documents, they will work to "reach a consensus and approve as soon as possible (...) an autonomous decree law, with the approval of the central government." This legal framework will support "the definitive plan for the medium and long-term reconstruction of the Aridane Valley and all the affected towns."

The deadlines have been "shortened," continued Ángel Víctor Torres, of this work. However, the regional chief executive stressed that there is a maximum speed that cannot be exceeded. The opposite could lead to missteps without the possibility of backtracking. Torres stated that he is facing “the task of rebuilding entire towns. We have to count on civil society and the rest of the public administrations, and we have to do it with criteria of the XXI century, with sustainability, efficiency and legal certainty, "he emphasized.

In addition, he acknowledged the existence of "an open debate on the island about whether aid is coming or not." In this regard, he stressed that several essential points had been discussed in the Mixed Commission. One of them was, Torres acknowledged, "to account for these aid," of which he offered the data collected on Wednesday.

Regarding this controversy, the president alluded to the Single Registry created by his Government to organize, normalize, provide legal security and arbitrate the necessary mechanisms to validate the aid. How many have been processed? Ángel Víctor Torres pointed out that 2,473, 62% of the 4,533 requests that have been received.

The Employment Plan will allow hiring staff to work on recovery work


decoration

To the incipient steps that have been taken to recover damaged infrastructures and homes, the president added the first hires that have been carried out under the umbrella of the Extraordinary Employment Plan of La Palma. The initiative is endowed with 63 million euros and plans to create up to 1,625 new jobs.

These jobs, managed by the Cabildo palmero, the three affected municipalities and the public company of the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands Gesplan, will serve to speed up the cleaning of homes and spaces filled with ash. Also to recover facilities and roads damaged by the eruptive process, among other actions.

The island says goodbye to the year on national TV

Tourism will bid farewell to 2021 and will receive 2022 on Antena 3, La Sexta, Telecinco, Cuatro and Televisión Canaria with a promotional action focused on La Palma in which the island's appreciation for the hundreds of initiatives that have been launched since the rest of Spain to help La Palma trees cope with the eruption. "We want to thank you so much affection, inviting you to come again to La Palma to receive that same warmth from La Palma tree, famous for being a very affectionate islander," says the Minister of Tourism Yaiza Castilla. The spot will be broadcast before and after the bells, the most watched advertising block on television. The piece will also be broadcast on Canarian Television since the gratitude is extended to the rest of the Canarian people. The choice of Mediaset and Atresmedia is due to the fact that their channels -Telecinco and Cuatro as well as Antena 3 and La Sexta respectively-, added an audience of 8.7 million viewers and a broadcast share of 39.5% in the bells. 2020. This time a similar behavior is expected. | LP / DLP

.



Source link