The State Agency of Meteorology (AEMET) foresees for tomorrow, Saturday, rains throughout the country, which will extend from west to east throughout the day throughout the Peninsula and snow in the Cantabrian Mountains and Iberian and Central systems.
Intense rainfall is expected in the western half of the peninsula, which may be stronger and more persistent in western Galicia. Along the Mediterranean coast, the rains will be less likely and would be dispersed at the end of the day. In the Balearic Islands it will be able to rain occasionally in the morning and in the Canary archipelago the precipitations will occur in the north of the mountainous islands.
The level of snow will be around 800-1,200 meters at the beginning of the day and will rise to 1,000-1,800 meters in the peninsular northwest, Castilla y León and Alto Ebro. In the Central system and Iberian system will reach 800-1,000 meters and will rise to 800-1,600. In the Pyrenees, the level will be at the beginning of the day at 600-1,000 meters and will rise to 700-1,200 and in the southeast it will remain at 1,400-2,000 meters.
Daytime temperatures will increase in the northwest and Aragon and will fall in areas of the central and southern interior. The nocturnal ones will rise, although the frosts will continue in páramos and mountain areas of the interior, more intense in the Pyrenees.
The wind will blow from the western component in the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands, with intervals of strong intensity in the Galician coast, Estrecho and Alborán, and trade winds are expected in the Canary Islands.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
– GALICIA: sky covered with mist, without ruling out occasional fog banks in high areas and generalized and persistent rainfall, especially in the Rías Baixas and in the interior of Pontevedra, where they will be strong and accompanied by a storm. Snow level at 1,200 – 1,500 meters that will rise at noon to 1,600-1,700 and fall at night to 1,400-1,600 meters. Increasing temperatures, although with weak frosts in the summits of the southeast. Winds of south and southwest, weak of dawn in the interior, that will turn in the afternoon to the west and soon to north and northwest with intervals of fort in the west coast at night.
– ASTURIAS: sky covered with fog, without ruling out fog banks since the afternoon and weak rainfall, which will spread and intensify from west to east throughout the morning. Snow level around 1,200-1,000 meters at the beginning of the day, which will increase to 1,300-1,600 meters in the west. Increasing temperatures, although with weak frosts in summits of the Cordillera. Loose wind of southern component, which will intensify in the afternoon to east and southeast and at the end of the day to north and northwest.
– CANTABRIA: sky covered with precipitations, that will be extended from west to east from midday. Snow level between 1,000 and 1,200 meters that will rise to 1,800. Minimum temperatures increase, more pronounced in Liébana and Campoo, and maximums that descend in Campoo and remain with few changes in the rest. Weak frosts in high areas of the south. South component wind, which will tend at the end of the day to the western component.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: medium and high morning clouds that will increase in the morning to a covered sky, with rainfall that will extend from west to east. Snow level above 1,300-1,400 meters. Minimum temperatures without changes, and maximum increases in Gipuzkoa and with few changes in the rest. Wind of southern component loose, with more intense intervals on the coast at the beginning of the day.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: sky covered with precipitations, which will extend from the west to the rest of the community and which may be persistent in the extreme northwest. Snow level of 800 to 1,000 meters that will rise to 1,800. Minimum rising temperatures, notable in the southwest, and rising highs in the western half. Generalized weak frosts, more intense in southern mountain areas. Winds from the south and southwest, which will turn at the end of the day to northern component in the north and west in the rest.
– NAVARRA: cloudy intervals, that will increase to a covered sky starting at noon. In the afternoon, rainfall that will spread from the southwest to the north. Snow level 800-1,000 meters. Temperatures without changes. Weak generalized frosts, except in the extreme northwest. South wind and loose southeast.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy sky, which will tend to be covered with precipitation, generally weak, in the second half of the day. Level of snow at 1,000 meters that will rise to 1,400. Minimum temperatures in ascent and maximum without changes. Weak frosts, especially in the mountains. Loose winds from the southwest in the mountains and from the southeast in the valley.
– ARAGÓN: sky with cloudy intervals, which will increase in the morning to a covered sky. From the afternoon, precipitations are expected in the Pyrenees and western half, in general weak, that will extend towards the end of the day to the rest of the community. Snow level at 800-1,000 meters, which will rise in the afternoon in the Iberian at 1,000-1,200 meters. Banks of morning fog in the south of Huesca. Temperatures with slight ascents. Generalized frosts, strong in the Pyrenees and in the Iberian Teruel. Wind of the west and southwest weak, with intervals of moderate in the Iberian.
– CATALONIA: slightly cloudy sky, which will increase from midday from west to east with a cloud cover of medium and high clouds, without ruling out weak precipitations at the end of the day in the western third. Snow level between 800 and 1,000 meters. Morning fog banks in the interior. Temperatures without changes. Weak frosts in the interior, strong in the Pyrenees. In the south of Tarragona, moderate northwest wind at the beginning of the day that will tend to loose variable. In the rest, loose variable wind.
– EXTREMADURA: sky covered with precipitations that will generalize in the second half of the day. Snow level of 1,400 that will rise to 1,800 meters. Minimum temperatures in ascent and maximum without changes. Weak frosts in the north. Winds from the south that will tend to the west.
– MADRID: cloudy sky that will increase to covered with precipitations, that are expected as of noon in all the community, weak in general and with snow in the north, without discarding in the morning some weak and dispersed precipitation. The lowest level of snow is expected in central hours around 900-1,000 meters, rising with the entrance of the warm front at 1,200-1,400 meters. Minimum temperatures on the rise and maximums on a slight decrease. Generalized frosts. Slack wind from the south and southwest.
– CASTILLA – LA MANCHA: cloudy sky that will increase to cover in the southeast, with cloudy intervals in the morning and rains that will start in the west, weak in the morning and that in the afternoon will be generalized. In the southeast of the community, they are not expected until the end of the day and will be weak and scattered. Snow level around 900-1,000 in the northern highlands and 1,000 to 1,200 in Cuenca. In the rest of Guadalajara, at the end of the afternoon, the elevation will rise with the front entrance to be above 1,200-1,400 meters. Minimum temperatures rising and maximum decreases, except in the east of Albacete, where they rise slightly. Frosts in the northeast. Wind from west and southwest, weak at the beginning of the day, which will increase in the south.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: clear sky, which will be covered in the afternoon by medium and high cloud cover, without ruling out weak and scattered precipitations at the end of the day. Temperatures with few changes. Faint frost on the inside. Loose western component wind with some moderate intervals, especially in the interior and in the south.
– MURCIA: Cloudy sky, except for medium and high morning cloud intervals, which will increase in the afternoon, without ruling out occasional rainfall in the interior at the end of the day. Minimum temperatures with slight changes, with weak frosts in the mountains of the interior, and maximum in ascent. Northwesterly winds, which will turn southwest on the coast.
– BALEARES: sky covered with precipitations that will tend at cloudy intervals in the morning. Night temperatures in descent and diurnal in ascent. Winds of western component in general loose.
– ANDALUCÍA: cloudy sky that will increase to covered, with precipitations that will extend of west to this, more intense to last hours in the western half, without discarding that they are strong and with storms in Cádiz. Snow level above 1,400 meters. Minimum temperatures in ascent in the western half, with frosts in the eastern interior, and rising highs in the Atlantic and Mediterranean littoral, decreasing in Córdoba and north of Jaén and without changes in the rest. Winds of western component in increase during the day, that will blow strong with gusts very strong in the area of the Straits and high zones to last hours.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in the north, cloudy sky with weak rains. In the rest, cloudy intervals. Climbing temperatures. Moderate northeast wind with strong intervals.