The weather will remain stable on Sunday, with clear skies and fog banks, more frequent in the Basque Country, northwestern Navarra and the Cantabrian, and significantly lower temperatures on the peninsular Atlantic slope, reports the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) .
In the Canary Islands there will be intervals of high clouds, with a probability of high clouds.
In the valleys of Extremadura are likely morning fogs, which are also expected in the interior of the Basque Country and Galicia.
The diurnal temperatures will go in descent in the Cantabrian and high Ebro; the nocturnal ones in ascent in the peninsular Eastern third, although maintaining values below the habitual ones for the time in the valleys of the Atlantic slope.
There will be frosts in a good part of the interior of the peninsula, which will be weak in general, although more intense in the North Plateau and in the Pyrenees.
The wind will blow east component in the Cantabrian coast and in the Canary Islands, west in the Strait, and predominance of the northern component in the rest of the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands. Strong wind intervals in the north-east of Girona, the Pyrenees, under the Ebro, Menorca and the Canary Islands.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: cloudless or clear skies with intervals of low clouds at dawn in the interior of Lugo and, at the end of the day, in the northern third. Likely fog and morning fog banks in the interior. Minimum temperatures in descent in the central zone of Lugo and without changes or slight increase in the rest; maximum without changes or in slight descent in the north.
Frosts in the interior of Lugo and south of Ourense and, in general weak, in the rest of the interior. East and northeast wind on the coast north of Fisterra, where there will be strong intervals; in the rest of the coast, loose wind of east component, generally loose; inside, loose wind of variable direction.
– ASTURIAS: Cloudy or cloudless skies with low cloud intervals on the early morning and mid-north coast at the end of the day. Mists and morning fog banks are not discarded on the coast and valleys near the coast. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum in slight decrease. Faint frost on the inside. East component wind on the coast and loose southeast in the interior.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy or cloudless sky, rising to cloudy low clouds on the east coast and extending at the end of the day to the rest of the coast. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum in slight decrease. Weak frosts in the south. East wind on the coast and loose variable on the rest.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: Cloudy sky or covered with low clouds, except in Araba, where there will be cloudy intervals. Mists and morning fog banks. Minimum temperatures with few changes in Araba and rising in the rest, and maximum in descent, more pronounced in the interior. Faint frost on the inside. Slack wind from the northeast on the coast, and variable dominate the northern component in the interior, loose too.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the extreme northeast, sky with cloudy intervals. In the rest, a bit cloudy or clear. Temperatures without changes, except the maximum in the northwest in slight decrease. Generalized, locally notable frosts. North and northeast winds, loose.
– NAVARRA: cloudy sky of low clouds in the northwest, with opening of clearings during the central hours of the day. Cloudy intervals in the rest, less frequent the more to the southeast. Mists and morning mists in the northwest. Minimum temperatures rising in the southeast and unchanged in the rest; maximum in descent in the west and without changes in the rest. Weak frosts in the north and center, being locally more intense in the Pyrenees. Slack northwest wind with more intense intervals in the Ribera.
– LA RIOJA: little cloudy sky, increasing at cloudy intervals, at the end of the day, in the Rioja Alta. Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight rise, and maximum in slight decrease. Generalized weak frosts, except in the Lower Rioja. Northwest winds in the Valley and north in the Sierra.
– ARAGON: predominance of clear skies with intervals of high clouds in the afternoon in the northern third. Minimum temperatures on the rise, especially in the Ebro valley, and highs with few changes, except for a decrease in Zaragoza. Frosts in Huesca and in the Iberian. In the valley of the Ebro, moderate northwest wind; in the rest, loose variable. In high levels of the Pyrenees, moderate north wind with strong gusts.
– CATALONIA: predominance of cloudless or clear skies with intervals of high clouds in the northern third in the afternoon. Rising temperatures. Frost inside. In Tarragona, south of Barcelona, northeast of Girona and high levels of the Pyrenees, moderate northwest wind with strong gusts; in the rest, variable wind loose in general.
– EXTREMADURA: little cloudy sky. Probable mists and morning mists in the valleys of the Tagus and Guadiana. Minimum temperatures with slight changes, and maximum without changes or slight rise. Generalized weak frosts. North and northeast winds loose.
– MADRID COMMUNITY: predominance of clear skies. Temperatures with slight changes. Generalized weak frosts, less likely in the Sierra south of Alto del León. Loose wind predominating the northern component.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: predominance of cloudy or cloudless sky. Temperatures with slight changes predominating increases, especially in the minimum. Weak frosts, unlikely in mountain areas. Loose winds of northern component.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: clear sky. Rising temperatures. Weak frosts in points of the interior. West component wind at the beginning with moderate intervals in the interior of Castellón tending to loose variable.
– MURCIA: little cloudy or clear sky without ruling out morning mists inside. Minimum temperatures in ascent, with weak frosts in the interior; maximum with few changes. Winds with predominance of the western component, tending to loose variables during the afternoon.
– BALEARES: cloudy or clear sky. Temperatures with few changes or slight rise. In Menorca, north and northwest winds with strong intervals; in the rest, generally weak northwest winds.
– ANDALUCÍA: cloudy or cloudless sky, with morning mist, without ruling out fog banks in the area of the Strait and north of Córdoba. Climbing temperatures, except slight decrease of the minimum in the western third. Faint frost on the inside. Winds of north component in the western end, of the west in the Mediterranean coast, hardening during the afternoon in the Strait, and loose variables in the rest.
– CANARY ISLANDS: little cloudy sky with high cloud intervals. Probability of haze. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximums without changes or slight decrease. Wind from east to southeast moderate with intervals of strong, mainly in medium and high areas.