The weather will remain stable today, with significantly lower temperatures in much of the interior of the Cantabrian peninsular and coast where weak drizzles are likely, reports the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
The Agency forecasts a predominance of cloudy or cloudless skies, except in areas of fog.
In the Eastern Cantabrian there will be cloudy sky and some intervals of low clouds in the rest of the Cantabrian coast, the peninsular southeast coast and the Balearic Islands, without discarding at all some weak and occasional precipitation.
In the Canary Islands it will be possible to produce calimas and are likely morning mists in valleys of Extremadura, inland of the Basque Country and high Ebro, without discarding them in Galicia and depressions of the northeast.
Daytime temperatures will decrease in the northern half of the peninsula and the Mediterranean area, as well as the nocturnal temperatures in the northeast of the peninsula. Frosts will continue to be present in much of the interior of the peninsula, more intense in both plateaus and Pyrenees.
The wind will blow east component in the Cantabrian coast and Canary Islands, and there will be predominance of the northern component in the rest, with intervals of strong in the Galician coast, Ampurdán, mouth of the Ebro and Menorca.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
– GALICIA: cloudy or cloudless sky with intervals of low clouds in the north of Lugo. Mists and morning fog banks in the interior of Lugo. Minimum temperatures without changes or slight increase; maximum without changes in the littoral and slight decrease in the interior. Frosts inside, generally weak. Wind from the northeast on the coast and loose in the interior, being of variable direction in Orense and in the south of Lugo.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy sky in the northern half decreasing in the morning to little cloudy. In the southern half, little cloudy or clear. Mists and morning fog banks on the coast and inland valleys. Minimum temperatures without changes or slight increase and maximum decreases. Frosts, generally weak inside. East wind on the coast and loose variable in the interior.
– CANTABRIA: sky with cloudy intervals in the western half and cloudy or covered with low clouds in the rest, without discarding any weak precipitation in the eastern end. Probable fogs and morning fog banks in high eastern areas. Minimum temperatures with local increases on the coast and no change or slight decrease in the rest, more pronounced in the south, with widespread frost off the coast line. Maximum temperatures without changes in the littoral and in descent in the interior, which will be noticeable in the extreme south. East and southeast wind on the coast and loose variable in the interior.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy sky or covered with low clouds, with clearings in the extreme south and without discarding some drizzles in the rest. Mists and some morning fog banks in the central interior. Minimum temperatures with local ascents in the west and without changes or slight decrease in the rest; maximum in slight decline in Álava and with few changes in the other areas. Weak frosts in the eastern interior and more intense and widespread in the south. Wind of loose northern component, tending to variable in the north.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the northeast, cloudy sky with low clouds. In the rest, little cloudy or clear, without discarding some morning fog banks in the south and west. Minimum temperatures with slight changes, and maximum in descent, slight in the south and locally noticeable in the northeast. Generalized frosts, locally strong. Wind from the northeast and east, loose in general.
– NAVARRA: Cloudy sky or covered with low clouds in the northwest, with cloudy intervals in the rest, tending to little cloudy in the south. Mists and morning fog banks in the north. Temperatures generally in descent, except the minimum in the south and the maximum in the north that do not vary. Generalized frosts, except in the Ribera del Ebro, generally weak. North and northwest wind, more intense in the south and weak in the rest.
– LA RIOJA: sky with intervals of low clouds, tending to cloudy in the Rioja Alta, and a little cloudy in the Lower Rioja. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease in the Sierra and without changes in the rest, and maximum in descent. Generalized weak frosts, except in the Ribera Baja. North and northwest wind.
– ARAGON: predominance of cloudy or cloudless sky. Probable morning fogs in the center and south of Huesca. Falling temperatures, especially the maximum. Generalized frosts except in low areas of the Ebro valley. In the Ebro valley, moderate northwest winds; in the rest, loose variable.
– CATALONIA: predominance of cloudless or clear skies with intervals of low clouds on the central coast. Probable morning mists inside. Minimum temperatures in descent in the southern third and with few changes in the rest; maximum in decline, more pronounced in the northeast. Frost inside. On the north coast of Girona and south of Tarragona, north wind and moderate northwest with some strong gusts; in the rest, loose variable.
– EXTREMADURA: little cloudy or clear sky, with probable mists and fogs or low clouds, in the Guadiana Valley, and are not totally discarded in the Tagus. Temperatures without changes or slight decrease. Weak generalized frosts in the valleys. Northeast wind, loose in general.
– MADRID COMMUNITY: predominance of clear skies. Temperatures with slight changes, predominantly decreasing the maximum in the Sierra. Generalized weak frosts, less probable and accused in high areas of the Sierra and the moors of the southeast of the Community. Loose northeast wind.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: predominance of clear skies with intervals of medium and high clouds in the eastern half and rising to cloudy with low clouds, mists and the possibility of fog banks in the southeast at the end of the day. Decreasing minimum temperatures in Guadalajara and Cuenca and with slight changes in the rest; maximum in descent in mountain areas and with little change in the rest. Generalized weak frosts, less likely in the south of Albacete and in the mountains of Toledo. Loose wind of northern component turning east in the southern half.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: predominance of clear skies increasing at intervals of low clouds in the afternoon on the coast of Valencia and Alicante, without ruling out occasional weak precipitation. Falling temperatures, especially the maximum. Faint frost on the inside. Low variable wind with predominance of the northeast in the afternoon on the coast.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy or clear skies increasing to cloudy in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures with few changes, with weak frosts in the interior; maximum in descent. Variable wind loose, turning to east component in the afternoon and raging in the littoral.
– BALEARES: cloudy skies with cloudy skies prevailing during the middle of the day. Nocturnal temperatures with few changes and daytime in descent. Low probability of local weak frosts in Mallorca and Ibiza. In Menorca and northeast of Mallorca, north wind with intervals of strong; in the rest, variable wind or the northeast generally weak.
– ANDALUCIA: cloudy or cloudless sky rising to cloudy at night in the eastern end, Mediterranean coast and Strait area. Falling temperatures, locally minimal without changes in the Guadalquivir valley. Weak frosts in the interior, locally notable in the Vega de Granada and the Guadix-Baza region. North component wind in the western end variable in the rest, loose in the interior; turning to east component from the afternoon on the Mediterranean littoral, with strong intervals during the change.
– CANARY ISLANDS: sky with medium and high cloud intervals. Probability of haze, tending to remit in the afternoon. Temperatures with few changes. Wind of component east in coasts and of the southeast in mediocrities and high zones, with intervals of strong mainly at dawn.