Today, thermal decline and strong wind in the southeast and Alborán
The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for today, Wednesday, a drop in daytime temperatures throughout the country, especially in the Pyrenees, as well as intense gusts of wind in the southeast and in the Alboran Sea.
Overcast or cloudy skies are expected in the Valencian Community, Aragon and Catalonia, with occasional rainfall accompanied by a storm, which will be less likely and more dispersed in western Aragon.
At the end of the day, the rains can move to the interior of the peninsular southeast with less intensity. In the extreme south and in Melilla, it will be cloudy or covered with precipitation, with a tendency to subside in the afternoon. In the Balearic Islands, there will be cloudy skies or with cloudy intervals, without ruling out some occasional and scattered light showers.
In the rest of the Peninsula, probable skies with little cloud, although with intervals of evolutionary clouds in wide areas of the interior, without ruling out a weak and isolated shower in the southern plateau, east of the northern plateau and northern Andalusia.
In the Canary Islands, the sky will be cloudy or with cloudy intervals, with precipitations in the western islands, although they are not ruled out either in Fuerteventura or in Lanzarote.
Possibility of some morning fog bank in the interior of the peninsular northwest. The snow level will be between 1,000 / 1,200 in the central and eastern Pyrenees until it drops occasionally to 800 meters; in eastern Iberia it will range between 1,000 / 1,200 meters and in eastern Andalusia it will reach 1,600 / 1,800 meters.
Temperatures will drop throughout the country, especially in the Pyrenees area. In the case of maximum values, they will rise slightly on the plateau. There will be weak frosts in the Pyrenees, north of the northern plateau and in the environment of the Iberian system.
Intervals of strong wind from the northeast in the peninsular southeast and in Alboran at the beginning of the day. On the eastern Mediterranean coast, a northeast wind that will weaken. In the peninsular interior and in the Canary Islands, light winds.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
- GALICIA: slightly cloudy or clear with some interval of low clouds at the beginning and at the end of the day in the interior of Lugo, which at dusk will also be in the west of La Coruña, with probable mist and banks of associated morning and night fog and , in central hours, with clouds of evolution in the southern interior, without ruling out an isolated and occasional shower. Temperatures with little change, except local decreases from the minimum in the northern interior. Variable light wind, which will increase at midday to the east component in the Estaca de Bares area, and with a tendency in the rest to the north component with more intense intervals on the west coast in the afternoon.
- ASTURIAS: slightly cloudy or clear sky with low cloud intervals in the western interior in the morning and at the end of the day with associated mists and fog banks. Decreasing temperatures. Weak frosts on peaks. Variable light wind with a predominance of north and northeast in the central hours of the day, somewhat more intense on the west coast.
- CANTABRIA: little cloudy or clear, with intervals of low clouds at the end of the day. Temperatures in slight descent, more pronounced in the case of daytime. Variable light wind, with a tendency to a north component during the second half of the day.
- BASQUE COUNTRY: little cloudy or clear with a tendency to cloudy intervals in the afternoon. Scattered and weak rains are not ruled out, more likely in the east. Temperatures in slight decrease in the coast and more pronounced in the interior. Variable light wind, with a tendency to a north component during the second half of the day.
- CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy or slightly cloudy intervals, with evolution cloudiness in the east and south, where some scattered and occasional showers are not ruled out. Low probability of morning mists and fog banks. Minimum temperatures unchanged in the southwest and decreasing in the rest, and maximum decreases in the extreme north and unchanged or slightly rising in the rest. Weak frosts, preferably in the east and in mountain areas. Winds from the north or variable, weak.
- NAVARRE: little cloudy or clear at the beginning of the day, with a tendency to dawn at cloudy intervals, and evolution clouds in the afternoon. Likely showers in the eastern third, without ruling out the rest. Snow level between 1,000 / 1,200 meters. Temperatures in slight decrease, more pronounced in the case of the maximums and in the east. Light south and southeast wind, turning north and northwest in the afternoon.
- LA RIOJA: cloudy intervals, with cloudiness of evolution in the afternoon, without ruling out some scattered and occasional showers. Low probability of morning mists and fog banks. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum temperatures without changes or in slight decrease. Weak frosts in the Iberian. Variable winds, to be fixed from the northwest, weak.
- ARAGÓN: cloudy or covered with precipitations, more abundant in the north of Huesca and in the southeast of Teruel. Snow level around 1,000 / 1,200 meters. Decreasing temperatures, especially the highest in the northern half. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees and in Iberian Teruel. Variable light wind with predominance from the southeast.
- CATALONIA: cloudy or covered with rainfall, more abundant in the Pyrenees and in the south of Tarragona. The snow level will drop to 700/900 meters. Decreasing temperatures, especially the highest in Lleida, which will drop significantly. Frost in the Pyrenees. Light northeast wind, which will swing southwest, with moderate south intervals on the north shoreline at the end of the day.
- EXTREMADURA: cloudy intervals with cloudiness of evolution, without ruling out scattered and occasional showers, more likely in the north and east. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum temperatures without changes or in slight ascent. Winds from the east, which will turn west, weak.
- MADRID: slightly cloudy with some interval of cloudiness of evolution in the afternoon, without ruling out any isolated showers. Minimum temperatures in slight descent and maximum in slight ascent. Weak and scattered frosts in high levels of the mountains. Variable slack wind.
- CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: slightly cloudy with some intervals of low clouds at the beginning of the day, with a tendency to more abundant cloudy intervals in Albacete and eastern Cuenca, where some showers are likely. Snow level around 1,300 meters. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum in slight ascent. Weak frosts in Parameras de Molina points. Variable light wind, with a predominance of north and northwest in central hours of the day.
- VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy or covered with precipitation. Snow level around 1,000 meters, which will occasionally drop to 800/900 meters. Decreasing temperatures. Wind with a weak north component, with moderate intervals on the coast, with a tendency in the afternoon to a weak variable.
- MURCIA: cloudy skies without ruling out showers, more likely and intense from the afternoon on. Minimum falling temperatures. The maximums will fall in the Altiplano, will rise in the northwest and will remain unchanged in the rest. Northeast winds, strong on the coast at the beginning of the day, with a tendency to weak variables.
- BALEARES: cloudy intervals with an occasional shower, which could be accompanied by storm and hail. Snow level at 800 meters. Decreasing temperatures, with weak frosts in the Sierra de Tramuntana at the end of the day. Northeast wind, with some strong interval at dawn, which will decrease from afternoon to light.
- ANDALUSIA: skies with cloudy intervals, without ruling out scattered showers, more likely and intense on the Mediterranean coast in the first half of the day, and in the afternoon in the eastern mountains. Snow level between 1,600 / 1,800 meters. In the interior of the eastern third, minimum temperatures decrease and maximum temperatures rise, with weak frosts at high levels. In the rest, minimums without changes and maximums in decline, locally notable in Malaga. East component winds, with strong intervals and some very strong gusts in the early hours on the Armería coastline, which will decrease during the day, and with a tendency to weak west component in the western regions in the afternoon.
- CANARY ISLANDS: in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, cloudy intervals, which will be more compact in central hours of the day. In the rest of the islands, predominance of cloudy skies, without ruling out light and occasional rains in the north. In central hours, probable cloudiness of evolution in high areas and in the medians of the slopes facing south, accompanied by precipitation that, punctually, may fall as a shower. Temperatures with few changes in general, with the exception of high areas and south-facing midlands of the most mountainous islands, where the maximums may experience a slight or moderate decline. North component wind, which will turn to a weak northeast. Coastal breezes.