The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for today, Tuesday, a notable decrease in the temperatures of the Cantabrian and the Plateau, which will return to their usual values, while the maximum will rise in the Mediterranean area, where they will remain at high values for may.
The minimum temperatures will clearly drop in the interior west of the peninsula and there will be little change in the Canary Islands.
In the west of Galicia, it will be cloudy with precipitation, while the sky will not be overcast or with intervals of high clouds in the rest of the country, although daytime evolution cloudiness will form in the northwest peninsula, Pyrenees, Iberian system and mountain ranges of the southeast, with the possibility of scattered showers during the afternoon in the extreme northwest and in mountain areas.
In the early hours of the day, there will be intervals of low clouds in the valleys of the western peninsular and upper Ebro, without ruling out the formation of a bank of morning fog, and it is expected that it will not be very important in the eastern peninsula and in the Balearic Islands.
The wind will blow with strong southwesterly intervals on the Galician coast, slack in variable direction in the northeast peninsula and Cantabrian quadrant, slack with a western component in the rest of the peninsula, somewhat more intense in the Strait and Alboran, and trade winds in the Canary Islands .
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: at dawn, a cloudy sky in the western third, with light rains, and not very cloudy with some interval of low clouds in the rest, increasing to cloudy throughout the autonomous community, with evolving clouds and light showers or scattered showers, more intense in the south-west of La Coruña and Pontevedra, less likely and occasional in the eastern half and that will subside at the end of the day as the cloud cover decreases at intervals. Morning mists in high areas of Orense. Minimum temperatures in slight decline, except in the western half, where they will remain unchanged, and maximums in decline, locally notable in the interior of Lugo and east of Orense. Loose wind from south and southwest directions, more intense on the coasts and that will pick up during the central hours of the day in the rest, except in the southeast. Very strong streaks in La Mariña in the early hours of the morning.
– ASTURIAS: sky slightly cloudy, with intervals of high clouds and some low cloud at dawn, increasing to cloudy, with clouds of evolution and possible scattered and occasional showers during the afternoon, less likely on the coast and that will remit at the end of the day until tend to clear. Minimum temperatures in descent, light in the eastern coast, and maximums in notable decrease. Loose wind from the south component, with a tendency to variable in the interior, which will increase to the east component on the coast in the second half of the day.
– CANTABRIA: slightly cloudy sky with high cloud intervals and evolutionary cloudiness during the central hours, without ruling out any scattered showers in the afternoon, more likely in the eastern third. Decreasing temperatures, which will be notable in the case of the maximum, and even extraordinary in the coastal strip. East component wind on the coast that will pick up at noon, and in the interior, light wind of variable direction.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy intervals, mainly high clouds, with some evolution cloudiness in the central hours of the day, but it will decrease to slightly cloudy at the end of the day. An occasional shower or storm is not ruled out during the afternoon. Decreasing temperatures, notably the highest in the coastal strip. Wind from east and northeast directions on the shoreline, while inland, light wind of variable direction will blow, although the northeast direction may temporarily prevail.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy intervals, of medium and high clouds with some low clouds at the beginning of the day, and evolution clouds during the afternoon, especially in the western third. Scattered showers in the extreme northwest are not ruled out. Decreasing temperatures, which will be noticeable at maximum. Wind from southwest and west directions.
– NAVARRE: cloudy intervals, mainly of high clouds, with evolution cloudiness during the central hours, but it will decrease to little cloudy. Low probability of an occasional shower or storm at the beginning of the day in the northwest and during the afternoon in the Pyrenees. Minimum decreasing temperatures in the extreme north and west and maximum decreasing, notable in the Cantabrian slope. Variable light wind, which will tend to a north component during the afternoon.
– LA RIOJA: slightly cloudy sky, with intervals of high clouds and evolution clouds, mainly in the Iberian System. Minimum temperatures in a slight decrease in the mountains and a slight rise in the valley, and maximum temperatures in a locally notable decrease. Wind from southwest and west directions in the sierra and from west and northwest directions in the valley, which will decrease at the end of the day to a variable slack.
– ARAGÓN: slightly cloudy sky, with high cloud intervals, as well as daytime evolution cloudiness in eastern Teruel and in points in the Pyrenees. In the extreme southeast, some isolated showers are not ruled out during the afternoon. Minimum temperatures in slight ascent and maximums in descent, especially in the western half. Variable weak wind, with predominance of the western component.
– CATALONIA: slightly cloudy sky, with intervals of high clouds and retention clouds on the north face of the Pyrenees, and in the afternoon, cloudiness of diurnal evolution in the pre-littoral and points of the Pyrenees. In the Pyrenees, some isolated showers are not ruled out during the afternoon. Minimum temperatures on the rise, especially in the northern half, and maximum temperatures on the rise in Barcelona and Tarragona and with decreases in the Pyrenees and the northeast. Variable light wind, with a predominance of the western component in the interior.
– EXTREMADURA: slightly cloudy sky, with high and some low clouds at the beginning, and with evolution cloudiness during the afternoon. Low probability of mists and some morning fog banks. Decreasing temperatures that may be noticeable in the highs of the southeast. Loose wind from the west component.
– MADRID: clear sky with intervals of high clouds and some cloudiness of daytime evolution in the mountains. Decreasing temperatures, notable in the case of maximum temperatures. Loose wind from the west component.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: clear sky, with intervals of high clouds and some cloudiness of daytime evolution in the eastern and southern ranges of the autonomous community. Temperatures with few changes in the southeast and decreasing in the other areas, which will be notable in the highs of Toledo, Ciudad Real, Guadalajara and the western third of Cuenca. Light wind, with predominance of the western component.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: slightly cloudy sky, with high cloud intervals and during the afternoon, daytime evolution cloudiness in mountain areas of the northern half. In the interior of Castellón, an isolated shower during the afternoon is not ruled out. Probability of morning mists on the coast. Maximum temperatures on the rise, especially in Valencia. Variable light wind, with predominance of the western component during the central hours of the day.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy sky, with intervals of high clouds, and cloudiness of diurnal evolution in the northwestern sierras, where there is a small probability of a shower with mud deposit. Maximum temperatures rising in the interior and decreasing on the coast. Variable light wind with a tendency during the day to a southern component.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: high cloud intervals. Temperatures with little change or rise in daytime. Light wind and coastal breezes.
– ANDALUSIA: sky with intervals of high clouds, with a tendency to little cloudy. In the western third and the Guadalquivir Valley, low cloud intervals and morning mists, without ruling out fog banks. In the eastern half, cloudiness of diurnal evolution in the mountains, with a small probability of occasional showers with mud deposits. Decreasing temperatures, locally notable, except for the interior of Almería and the coasts of Huelva and Malaga, where the maximum will rise. Variable light wind in the interior and west component on the coast.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, low cloud intervals during the morning in coastal areas and, high, in the rest of the region; during the afternoon, wide gaps open, except for some low cloud interval on the coasts, late in the day. In the most mountainous islands, alternation of intervals of high and low cloudiness, which will tend to cloudy skies on the eastern slopes in the central hours of the day, as a result of the evolution cloudiness. Decreasing temperatures. Northeast wind, somewhat less intense in the western province.