Today, Tuesday, the strong wind will continue to leave wind gusts between 80 and 100 kilometers per hour in Galicia and the Cantabrian mountain range, areas where there will be overcast sky with the possibility of rains that could extend eastward, according to the State Meteorology Agency (Aemet)
In the rest of the peninsular west half, progressive increase in cloudiness and in the Balearic Islands, cloudy intervals, while in the rest of the country the sky will be slightly cloudy although with the possibility of some morning fogs in the southern peninsular and in the Ebro basin.
The snow level on the peninsula will be between 1,000 meters in Castilla and León, which will rise to 1,800 meters.
Daytime temperatures will rise in Galicia, the northern plateau, the Ebro valley, and the Balearic Islands; they will descend in the western Cantabrian and will remain with few changes in the rest. The minimums will rise in the peninsular northwest although frosts will continue, locally moderate in the center and east of the Peninsula.
In the Canary Islands, temperatures will remain with few changes or decreases.
The wind will blow southwest in the peninsular northwest quadrant, Mediterranean coast and the Balearic Islands, with intervals of very strong in the Galician coast and strong in the Cantabrian mountain range. In the rest of the country, it will blow variable lax.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: predominance of overcast sky, with some clearings in the north end and with rains and showers in the west, which can be locally strong on the south coast of La Coruña and that will be extended to the rest throughout the afternoon, being unlikely in La Mariña lucense. Minimum temperatures on the rise, locally noticeable in the interior, and maximums on slight rise, except in the mountain areas of the southeast, where they will descend slightly. The wind will blow from south and southwest directions, strong with very strong gusts in the northern half and, from noon, also in Pontevedra and mountains of Ourense and Lugo.
– ASTURIAS: in the southwestern zone and mountain range, cloudy sky, without ruling out weak rains in the afternoon, and in the rest of the Principality, cloudy intervals, with a predominance of high clouds on the coast. Minimum temperatures rising locally noticeably, except in high areas, where they will not change or fall slightly, and maximums in decline, which will be less pronounced in the western half. The wind will blow south, with very strong gusts in the western and mountain areas.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy intervals with a predominance of medium and high clouds in the northern third, which will give way to a covered sky inside, where mists and fog banks will be likely. No weak rainfall is discarded in the Liebana. Minimum temperatures rising, more pronounced in the northern half, and maximum declines, especially in the Liébana area. The wind will blow from south and southwest directions, with very strong gusts at high levels, which will get worse in the afternoon.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy intervals, with a predominance of medium and high clouds in the northern third, and slightly cloudy skies in the rest of the autonomous community. Minimum rising temperatures, except in the extreme southeast, and maximum unchanged. The wind will blow from south and southwest directions, strong from noon and with very strong gusts inside Vizcaya and Guipúzcoa.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the east and southeast little cloudy sky, which will increase to cloudy throughout the day, in the rest of the territory cloudy intervals that will leave a overcast sky during the day with weak rainfall in mountain areas, without ruling out some scattered in the rest. The snow level will go from 1,000 to 1,400 meters, and will rise to 1,400 and 1,800. Mists and scattered mists, more likely in the northwest, are not ruled out. Minimum temperatures without changes in the east and southeast and rising in the rest, and maximums in slight decrease in mountain areas and without changes or in slight rise in the rest. More intense frosts in the east and southeast, and less likely in the west. The wind will blow from south and southwest directions, loose with a tendency to increase, with strong gusts in the north of Burgos.
– NAVARRA: little cloudy sky. Minimum temperatures without changes, except in the northwest corner, where they will rise, and maximums without changes in the north half and in slight rise in the rest, more pronounced the further south. The wind will blow southwest in the northern third, with very strong gusts in the northwestern extreme, southeast in the Ribera in the afternoon, and lazy variable in the rest.
– LA RIOJA: slightly cloudy sky, with intervals of high clouds, and in the Ribera del Ebro, low clouds and morning fogs. Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight descent, and maximum in slight descent in the mountains and without changes in the rest. Generalized weak frosts. The wind will blow from south or southwest directions in the Iberian, and from the southeast loose in the Ribera.
– ARAGÓN: predominance of clear sky, with low clouds and fog in the south of Huesca, which will be broken in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum rising in the Ebro depression. Generalized frosts, more intense in the Pyrenees and in the Iberian. In the Iberian region, the wind will blow in the southwest direction, and in the rest of the autonomous community, it will blow in the variable wind.
– CATALUÑA: predominance of clear sky, with low clouds and mists in the south of Lleida, which will break in the afternoon. Morning mists in the valleys. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum rising in the south of Lleida. Frosts widespread in the interior, more intense in the Pyrenees. In Gerona, wind of a weak west component that will roll in the afternoon to a weak to moderate south component; in Tarragona, a weak wind from the northwest, with moderate intervals in the morning in the south, which will tend to be a weak variable; in Barcelona, a weak northwest wind that will roll to the southwest; and in Lleida, lazy variable or calm.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy intervals that will leave, over the day a overcast sky, with a probability of weak rainfall in the west and north half, which will be safer and more frequent in the north of Cáceres at night. The snow level will be between 1,400 and 1,700 meters. Mists and morning mists are not ruled out, most likely in mountain areas and surroundings. Minimum temperatures unchanged or rising, and maximum slightly decreasing or unchanged. Scattered weak frosts, more likely in the east. The wind will blow loose from south component.
– MADRID: slightly cloudy sky, although in the morning the cloudiness will increase, which will be low and will not reach high levels of the mountains until the afternoon. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum decreases in the mountains and with few changes in the rest. Generalized frosts, which will be weak to moderate. Loose wind variable with a predominance of south and southwest directions during the central hours of the day.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: clear sky with intervals of high clouds that will increase in the morning to give way to a cloudy sky with low clouds in the west of Guadalajara and Toledo, and from the end of the afternoon a covered sky in the west and northeast of the autonomous community. Probability of weak rains at the last hour of the day in the northwest of Toledo. Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight ascent, something more pronounced in the southeast quadrant and in the east of Ciudad Real. Maximum temperatures without changes or in slight decrease, more pronounced in the Central System and points of the extreme southwest. Generalized frosts that will be weak in the western third and southern Albacete. The wind will blow loose and tend, at noon, to the west component.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: slightly cloudy sky. Minimum temperatures rising in the southern half and maximum unchanged. Weak frosts in interior points. On the coast of Alicante, the wind will blow moderately in a southwest direction; in the rest of Alicante and in Valencia, it will blow loose of western component; in Castellón, lazy variable.
– MURCIA: little cloudy sky with intervals of high clouds. Temperatures unchanged or minimum rising, with weak frosts inside. The wind will blow loose variable, predominantly in the northwest direction in the morning and southwest in the afternoon on the coast.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: in Mallorca and Menorca, cloudy intervals, while in Ibiza and Formentera, predominance of little cloudy sky. Night temperatures rise significantly, and daytime with few changes or slight rise. The wind will blow southwest.
– ANDALUCÍA: cloudless sky with intervals of high clouds, which will increase at cloudy intervals in the western half and in Huelva, where weak, more probable and intense rainfall in the Sierra de Aracena in the last hours is not ruled out. Morning mists, without ruling out mists inside. Temperatures with few changes, except minimum rise in the Lower Guadalquivir. Weak frosts in the eastern interior and in the mountains. Loose wind variable, which will tend to west component in the Mediterranean and Strait coast, and south component in the western regions in the afternoon.
– CANARY ISLANDS: predominance of clear skies, with reduced visibility due to the presence of calima, more significant in medium and high areas. Temperatures with few changes. The wind will blow from the southeast direction, with strong intervals in the middle and high areas during the central hours of the day, and that will roll to the south component in the eastern islands in the afternoon.