The State Meteorological Agency (AEMET) predicts for today, Monday, stability in the Peninsula, with some precipitation in the Strait and extreme southwest, and abnormally low temperatures in the Canary Islands, where the cloudiness will grow, with rains in the islands of greater relief.
The precipitations could be locally strong in the west end of the archipelago, especially in La Palma, will be cloudy with possible weak rains in coastal areas of the Bay of Biscay and there will be intervals of clouds in Extremadura, Andalusia, Murcia and Levante.
Mist and low cloud intervals will be formed in the early hours in areas of the northern and southern half of the peninsula, as well as in Alboran, and the sky will be slightly cloudy in the rest of the country.
Daytime temperatures will drop in the northern third of the Peninsula, rise in the southeast and southwest extremes and will be abnormally low in the extreme west of the Canary Islands.
Winds of northern component will blow in the northern half of the Iberian Peninsula and the Balearic Islands, from the Levant in the Strait and Andalusian coast and southern component in the Canary Islands, with intervals of strong in the Galician coast, Ampurdán and east of the Balearic Islands.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: slightly cloudy, with intervals of high clouds accompanied by abundant cloudiness of low type in the north and center at the beginning of the day, with scattered morning fogs and without discarding weak rains on the coast of Lugo. The minimum temperatures, which will occur at the end of the day, will have local declines in high areas and little change in the rest and maximums will fall in the north and remain in the south. East and northeast wind, strong on the northwest coast and loose in the south.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy of low clouds, with morning mists and some bank of fog and with tendency to cloudy intervals, without discarding some weak and dispersed rain in the north. The minimum temperatures, which will be reached at the end of the day, will remain with few variations, except for some local descent in the southwest. Maximum temperatures in descent. Variable loose wind, with predominance of east and northeast, and more intense intervals on the west coast.
– CANTABRIA: predominance of cloud skies, mainly of low clouds, with tendency to cloud intervals during the central hours of the day and little cloud at the end, except in Campoo and the extreme southeast, where it will be cloudy, and fogs and morning fog banks , without ruling out weak and scattered rains in the center and north. Minimum temperatures without changes in the extreme north and in slight descent in the rest and maximum in descent, which will be light on the coast and notable in the southern half. On the coast, west wind, which will turn to northern component in the central hours of the day and back to west at the end, and in the interior, loose north wind.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy skies, with low cloud cover and tendency to cloud intervals during the central hours and a little cloudy or clear at the end of the day in the north, with fogs and morning fog banks, without ruling out some drizzle in the extreme west. Temperatures in descent, light in the case of the minimum and more pronounced in the maximum, locally notable in the central area and in the south. On the coast, weak wind from the west, which will roll to the north component in the morning, and more intense in the east at the end of the day, and in the interior, weak wind from the north and northwest.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: low cloud intervals in the north and northeast, especially at the beginning and end of the day, little cloud or with high cloud intervals in the rest, cloudiness of evolution in the afternoon in the Central System, without discard scattered showers in its western half, and probability of morning mists and mists, especially in the north. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum in ascent in the Central System, in descent locally noticeable in the mountainous and northeast north and without changes or slight decrease in the rest. North and northeast winds.
– NAVARRA: cloudy skies with low cloudiness, which will decrease in the morning to little cloudy or clear, with fogs and morning fog banks. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease in the Cantabrian slope and without changes in the rest and maximum in descent, more pronounced in the northwest, where it will be remarkable. Slack wind from north and northwest, with more intense intervals in the Ribera del Ebro.
– LA RIOJA: slightly cloudy, with low cloud cover at the beginning, which can cause mist and morning fog banks, and high cloud intervals afterwards. Falling temperatures. Winds from north and northwest.
– ARAGON: little cloudy, with morning mist. Falling temperatures. In the valley of the Ebro, northwest wind weak to moderate, and in the rest, loose of variable direction.
– CATALONIA: cloudy intervals in the littoral and prelittoral and little cloudy in the rest, with morning mists. Falling temperatures. On the coast, the northeast wind is weak to moderate, and in the rest, it is loose.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy intervals, with cloudiness of evolution in the afternoon and chance of showers, occasionally with thunderstorms in mountain areas, without ruling out fogs and scattered morning fog banks. Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight descent and maximum ascents. Winds from east to northeast, loose.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: little cloudy, with some interval of high clouds. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum with few changes. Slack wind from the northeast.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: slightly cloudy, with some range of high clouds, some low cloudiness at the beginning of the day in the south, with morning mists, and cloudiness intervals of evolution during the second half of the day. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum in ascent in Albacete, west of Toledo and south of Cuenca and with little change in the rest. Slack wind from the northeast, except in the southeast of the community, where it will blow east.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy intervals, without ruling out any weak and isolated precipitation, which will be likely in the southern half of the littoral, and morning mists. Temperatures with few changes. Low variable wind, with a tendency to blow from the east and northeast, moderate on the coast.
– MURCIA: intervals of low clouds and mists and tendency to little cloudy in the central hours, without discarding some dispersed and occasional precipitation. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum in ascent. Variable loose winds, with predominance of the eastern component.
– BALEARES: predominance of cloudless sky, with some interval clouds and morning mist. Temperatures in slight decrease. Loose north wind, which will increase in intensity and will blow northeast.
– ANDALUCÍA: cloudy intervals, without discarding isolated showers, more probable and intense in the western regions, where they can be accompanied by storms, and fogs and morning fog banks in the interior. Minimum temperatures in descent in the eastern third, maximum in ascent in the eastern third and western third and the rest unchanged. Winds of east component, loose in the interior, and east in the Strait.
– CANARY ISLANDS: predominance of cloudy skies, with weak rains in general and with showers in the western islands, locally strong and accompanied by some storm, which will affect La Palma and with low probability to El Hierro and north of Tenerife, and weak rains in the eastern islands. Temperatures without changes or slight rise of the minimum. Southwest wind weak to moderate in the western islands and southern component in the eastern and moderate in the midlands and high areas of the southwest, strong in central summits of Tenerife.