Today, probable strong or persistent precipitations in the Mediterranean area, where they can be strong or persistent in the Catalan coast and in the Balearic archipelago, informed the State Agency of Meteorology (Aemet).
In the southeast of the peninsula, some strong showers are likely and precipitation is expected in the eastern Cantabrian, upper Ebro and Pyrenees.
In the Canaries there may also be some showers, more likely in the western end of the archipelago, while in the rest of Spain there will be stable weather and a predominance of cloudy or cloudless skies.
In the Pyrenees are likely snowfall from 1,800 meters at the beginning, tending to rise the level from the 2,200 meters at the end of the day.
The diurnal temperatures will have a descent in the Mediterranean area and the south third, being able to be locally noticeable in the southeast, and an increase in the northwest. The minimum will go down, with some frost in mountain areas.
Predominance of east component wind on the Peninsula and southwest wind in the Canary Islands with intervals of strong in the western islands.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
- GALICIA: Clear sky, except for some scattered high clouds without discarding morning fog banks due to retention in high areas of the northeast. Minimum temperatures with few changes; maximum in increase, light in the coast and locally notable in the east of Lugo. On the coast, wind from the northeast and east, decreasing to weak north to the south of Fisterra in the morning. In the interior, loose wind of east component.
- ASTURIAS: predominance of clear skies, except for low cloud intervals in the eastern half until the beginning of the afternoon without ruling out some weak rain in the eastern end. Minimum temperatures in slight rise in the eastern end and slight decrease in the rest; maximum in increase, slight in the coast, and that probably is remarkable in high zones of the Mountain range. Variable weak wind, tending to this in the afternoon and increasing intensity in the littoral.
- CANTABRIA: cloudy or overcast sky, with rain and showers during the first half of the day, more intense in the eastern half and unlikely the southern and western ends, decreasing the cloudiness at intervals in the afternoon from the west. Some morning mist is not ruled out in high areas of Liébana. Temperatures rising, light on the coast and in the case of the most pronounced highs in Liébana. On the coast, west and northwest wind rolling loose from the east. In the interior, weak wind, from the northwest rolling north and northeast.
- BASQUE COUNTRY: Cloudy sky or covered with rain and showers, tending to stop the rainfall in the south throughout the afternoon. Mists and morning fog banks are not discarded in highland areas between provinces. Minimum temperatures without changes, except for some local slight increases, more generalized in Araba; maximum increases, which will be light in Bizkaia. Loose winds of north and northwest, turning on the coast to the northeast and east at the end of the day.
- CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the east, cloudy skies with probable rainfall - generally weak - in the northeast and the Iberian, without discarding them in the rest of the area. In the rest of the Community little cloudy, being able the cleared skies in the west. Minimum temperatures in ascent in the northeast and without changes or in slight decrease in the rest, and maximum in ascent that can be noticeable in the northwest. Weak frosts in mountain areas. North and northeast wind tending to the east, loose in general.
- NAVARRA: Cloudy or overcast in the north and west and little cloud in the southeast quadrant, with early morning rains that are unlikely in the extreme east. Increase in the sky during the central hours, when rain and showers are expected in the north. It will tend to diminish the cloudiness at intervals in the afternoon in the east and the south, and to remit the precipitations, being able to persist in a weak way in the northwest. Mists and morning fog banks are not ruled out in the surroundings of the Urbasa and Aralar and Pyrenean mountain ranges. Minimum temperatures with few changes and increasing maximums. Weak wind from the north and northwest, with some more intense interval in the lower Ribera during the central hours.
- LA RIOJA: Cloudy sky or covered with precipitation, generally weak, receding at the end. Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight ascent and maximum in ascent. Weak frosts in the Iberian. North and northwest wind, tending to loose variable at the end.
- ARAGON: sky with cloudy intervals. Precipitation in the Pyrenees, especially in the divide, without ruling out the Iberian Teruel in the afternoon. Snow level around 2,000 meters. Temperatures without major changes. Northwest wind weak to moderate tending to loose variable.
- CATALONIA: predominance of cloudy or overcast skies with occasional rainfall throughout the day on the littoral and pre-littoral, where they can be locally strong and stormy, and in the afternoon in the rest. Snow level around 2,000-2,200 meters. Temperatures in slight decrease. Component wind this loose, with moderate intervals on the coast.
- EXTREMADURA: little cloudy or clear sky. Minimum temperatures in descent, light in general, and maximum without changes. Wind from north to east, loose in general.
- MADRID COMMUNITY: slightly cloudy or cloudless sky rising to cloudy from midday. Minimum temperatures in descent, except in the Sierra, where they will remain unchanged. Maximum temperatures with few changes. Loose northeast wind.
- CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: little cloudy or clear sky at dawn, except cloudy in Albacete, with probable fog and fog banks. The cloudiness will increase throughout the day in almost the entire eastern half. In the western third the cloudy skies will predominate. Probable occasional showers in the southeast, which may be accompanied by a storm. Minimum temperatures in descent, less pronounced in high areas. Maximum temperatures with descent in the south and east extremes, which will probably be notable between Hellín and Almansa. Slack wind from the north and northeast, with predominance of the east component in Albacete.
- VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: predominance of cloudy sky with scattered and occasional rainfall, generally weak. Temperatures in descent, more pronounced in the highs and in the southern half where it may be remarkable. Variable wind loose.
- MURCIA: cloudy skies or covered with occasional showers, more likely and intense from the afternoon, without ruling out any storm. Minimum temperatures with few changes; maximum in descent, which will be remarkable in the interior. East component wind.
- BALEARES: cloudy skies with showers and storms, with a probability of being locally strong, preferably in Menorca and north of Mallorca. Temperatures in descent, locally noticeable at night. East and northeast wind.
- ANDALUCÍA: little cloudy or clear sky. Cloudy skies with occasional squalls will predominate on the Mediterranean coast and the eastern third; they will be more likely and intense starting in the afternoon and in the far east, where it is not ruled out that they are accompanied by storms and are locally strong at the last hours. Mists and probable morning fog banks on the Atlantic coast and the Guadalquivir valley. Temperatures in descent, which will be noticeable in the highs of the south and east of the community. East component wind in the Mediterranean coast and the eastern end, and loose variable in the rest with predominance of the western component. West in the Strait, decreasing to loose variable at nightfall.
- CANARY ISLANDS: sky with cloudy intervals, with occasional occasional showers to the west of the islands of greater relief. Maximum temperatures in slight descent in the most mountainous islands, mainly in medium altitudes, and with little change in the rest. Variable wind loose in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. In the rest, the wind from the western component was weak to moderate. In high zones, of the moderate southwest, being strong with gusts of very strong in central summits of Tenerife.