Today, precipitations in the Bay of Biscay, Pyrenees and Catalonia, which may be strong and / or persistent, with snow level that will be between 1,400 and 1,800 meters in the Pyrenees and Cordillera Cantábrica, reported the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) .
At the eastern end of the Bay of Biscay and the western Pyrenees, rainfall can be locally persistent.
In the northeast of Catalonia there will be occasional showers that, locally, can be strong and accompanied by storms, without ruling out that they can also affect the north of the Balearic Islands.
In the rest, the skies will be slightly cloudy, although there is the possibility of some isolated precipitation in points east and south of Andalusia and in the extreme west of the Canary Islands.
The level of snow will be located in the Pyrenees and the Cantabrian Mountains between 1400-1800 meters.
Diurnal temperatures in descent in almost all the country, that will be remarkable in the inner center and north peninsular. The descent could be extraordinary in the environment of the Iberian System and the Western Pyrenees.
Likely increase in the south-southeast peninsular coastline and in the more mountainous Canary Islands. The minimum will go down in the north, center and west of the Peninsula with frosts in the Pyrenees and the Cantabrian mountain range.
West wind in the Strait and predominance of wind of northern component in the rest of the country, except in the Canary Islands, where it will be loose of southern component. Intervals of strong intensity in the Ampurdán, Baleares and in the low and middle Ebro.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
– GALICIA: in the northern half, cloudy skies with probable morning mists and without discarding some weak and occasional rain in the north of A Coruña and Lugo at the beginning, tending to little cloudy or clear in the afternoon; In the rest, a bit cloudy or clear. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease; maximum rise in the northwest and decline in the southeast, generally light. Weak frost on summits, above about 1500 meters. On the western littoral, north wind; on the north coast, northeast wind, with strong intervals between Sisargas and Fisterra in the afternoon; in the interior, wind from the north and northeast, weak at dawn and at night and at intervals during the day.
– ASTURIAS: Cloudy or overcast skies tending to little cloudy in the afternoon. Probably weak rains in the eastern half, without discarding them in the rest in an occasional and scattered manner, decreasing in the afternoon. Snow level around 1,600 meters. Likely fogs of retention in high areas. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease; maximum in descent, notable in the eastern half of the Cordillera. Weak frost on summits above 1,500 meters. On the west wind coast turning to northern component, generally loose; in the Cordillera, north wind; in the rest, loose northern wind.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy or overcast sky, with rain and showers, which locally can be strong and persistent in the interior of the eastern half and which will be unlikely in the extreme south, tending to remit in the afternoon in the western half. It is not ruled out that the precipitations are in the form of snow in Liébana between 1,400 and 1,600 meters. Minimum temperatures with few changes. Maximum temperatures in descent, which will be noticeable in the south, even locally extraordinary. Weak frosts in high areas of the southwest. Northwest wind, with intervals of strong in the eastern littoral and high areas.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy or overcast skies, with rain and showers, more persistent and locally strong in eastern Gipuzkoa, less likely and intense in the southern half of Araba. Minimum temperatures with few changes; maximum in descent, which will be remarkable in the interior, even locally extraordinary in the south. Northwest wind, generally weak in the interior except during the central hours when it will be more intense, and with intervals of strong in the littoral.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the mountainous and northeastern north, cloudy sky covered with weak rainfall. In the rest of the third this cloud, without discarding some weak scattered precipitations in mountain areas, with opening of clearings in the central hours. In the rest, little cloudy. Likely snowfall in the north above 1,500 meters. Mists or low clouds in the mountains of the north and the Iberian. Temperatures in descent, remarkable in the maximum, which can be extraordinary in the northeast. Weak frosts in high areas. Winds from the northeast and north.
– NAVARRA: cloudy or overcast sky, with rain and showers in the northern half, persistent and that locally can be strong in the Baztán and Bidasoa environment. It is not ruled out that the precipitations are in the form of snow in the Pyrenees between 1,800-1,900 meters. Morning mists are not ruled out in the surroundings of the Urbasa and Aralar mountain ranges and in the high areas of the Pyrenees. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease in the south and without changes in the north; maximum in remarkable descent, even locally extraordinary. Weak and scattered frosts in high areas of the Pyrenees. Northwest wind, with intervals of strong in the Ribera del Ebro and during the central hours in the rest of the Community.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy or overcast sky with opening of clearings in the central hours of the day. Probably weak rainfall in Rioja Alta without discarding it in the rest. Mists or low clouds in the Iberian. Temperatures in descent, slight in the minimum and extraordinary in the maximum. Weak frosts in high areas. North and northwest winds with strong intervals in the Ribera Baja.
– ARAGÓN: in the Pyrenees, cloudy or overcast skies, mainly in the western sector and in the divide, where it is not ruled out that they are locally persistent. In the rest of the northern half, cloudy intervals and in the rest little cloudy. Snow level at 1,800-2,000 meters. Temperatures in descent, more pronounced that of the maximum, which in general will fall between 6 and 10 degrees. Moderate northwest wind, with some strong interval in the Ebro valley and south of Huesca.
– CATALONIA: in the northern half, cloudy sky with precipitation, preferably in the northeast quadrant, where they can be locally strong and with a storm, especially at dawn and from the afternoon. In the middle south, cloudy intervals becoming cloudy. Snow level at 1,800-2,000 meters. Temperatures in descent, the highest notably in the Pyrenees and in the interior of the northeast quadrant. North-east of Girona and south of Tarragona wind of the north and northwest moderate with intervals of strong; in the south of Lleida of the moderate west; in the rest loose variable wind.
– EXTREMADURA: little cloudy or clear sky. Temperatures in light descent, which in the north can be remarkable, especially in the maximum. Winds from north to east in the north and west and northwest in the south, generally loose.
– MADRID COMMUNITY: cloudy or clear sky with some medium and high cloud intervals. Minimum temperatures in descent in the Sierra and with slight changes in the rest. Maximum temperatures in remarkable descent. Loose winds from the north and northeast.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: predominance of slightly cloudy skies with some cloudy intervals of medium and high clouds except in Albacete, where cloudy skies are expected at the end of the day with the possibility of an isolated shower in the extreme south. Minimum temperatures in descent in mountain areas of the northern half and with little change in the rest. Maximum temperatures in descent, notable in the northern half and less pronounced in the southern third. Loose winds of northern component in the northern half and western component turning north in the southern half.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: slightly cloudy sky, tending in the afternoon at cloudy intervals. Temperatures without major changes, except in the interior of the northern half, where the maximums will fall. In the north of Castellón moderate northwest wind with intervals of strong, especially during the first half of the day; in the rest, the wind was weak, tending to loose this afternoon, with moderate intervals on the coast.
– MURCIA: Cloudy skies with some medium to high cloud intervals, increasing to cloudy at the end of the day when occasional weak showers are not ruled out. Temperatures without changes or slight rise. Winds of western component, turning from midday to east component and increasing in the afternoon in the coast.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: in Ibiza and Formentera, a predominance of slightly cloudy skies; in the rest, cloudy intervals with occasional and scattered showers, with a low probability that in Menorca and north of Mallorca they are locally strong and accompanied by a storm. Temperatures rising at dawn and daytime in descent, reaching the minimum at the end of the day. Southwest winds turning from dawn to north and northeast with some strong interval.
– ANDALUCÍA: cloudy skies with medium and high cloud intervals in the morning and cloudiness of evolution in the eastern sierras in the afternoon where some occasional showers are not ruled out. Mists and probable morning fog banks in the Guadalquivir valley. Minimum temperatures without changes or slight rise; rising highs in the Mediterranean coast, Ceuta and the province of Almeria; and in descent or without changes in the rest. Winds of western component, loose in the interior, turning to East component at the end of the day in the Eastern Mediterranean coast. West in the Straits, loose during the first half of the day.
– CANARY ISLANDS: little cloudy sky in general, tending in the afternoon in La Palma and El Hierro to cloudy with probable weak rains, and at intervals of high clouds in the rest of the archipelago. Temperatures in slight rise, especially in the highs of the islands of greater relief. Wind of southern component, loose in the eastern islands and weak to moderate in the western islands. In high zones, of the moderate southwest, increasing to strong with gusts of very strong in central summits of Tenerife.