The influence of the stormy Gloria will continue today, Tuesday, with the sky covered with abundant rainfall in the Balearic Islands, third peninsular east and area of the Strait, which can be in the form of snow, especially in the peninsular interior, according to the State Agency of Meteorology (Aemet).
Snowfall will be more abundant in the Iberian system and the eastern Pyrenees. Precipitation can be locally strong or persistent in Catalonia, the Valencian Community and Aragon. With less intensity, they are likely to affect the rest of the peninsula, except the west third; the sky will be little cloudy in the southwest of Galicia.
In the Canary Islands, the sky will be cloudy with rain, which will be less likely in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura.
The snow level will rise from 1,000 / 1,400 meters to 1,400 / 1,800 meters in the Pyrenees, will be between 700 / 1,000 meters in the western Cantabrian, will be below 500 meters and will rise to 800 / 1,200 meters in the northwest and north center.
It will rise from 500 / 1,000 meters to 1,000 / 1,400 meters in the Iberian and other areas of Castilla-La Mancha, while it will be around 1,200 / 1,800 meters in other areas in the northeast and between 1,000 / 1,400 meters in the southeast and center east.
Temperatures will drop in the Canary Islands and will increase in the rest of the country, although there will be frosts in areas of the northern half and mountains of the southeast, more intense in the Pyrenees.
It will blow wind from northeast and east directions in almost the whole country, which will be strong or will have strong intervals in the peninsular northeast, Balearic Islands and Galician coast. North component wind in the Canary Islands.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: cloudy sky in La Mariña and northeast corner of the autonomous community, and little cloudy in the rest, with some intervals of medium and high cloudiness during the central hours. Light rain or drizzle in La Mariña, without ruling out any weak rainfall in the mountains. The snow level will be 500 meters in the south and 800 meters in the rest, although it will rise to 1,000 / 1,400 meters. Maximum temperatures rising, more pronounced in the mountains, with weak frosts in the southeast. Wind of northeast direction, strong in the coast between Finisterre and Ortegal, in addition to very strong gusts of northeast direction in the north and northwest coast and in high zones of the north half.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy sky, although they can temporarily open clear. Weak rainfall, more intense on the coast. The snow level will rise progressively from 500 meters to 1,000 / 1,200 meters. Maximum temperatures rising, more pronounced in the interior, with frosts in mountain areas. Wind from northeast and east directions, loose in the interior, with strong gusts in high areas of the southeast of the region.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy intervals that will increase during the morning overcast. Chance of light rain and showers in the afternoon. The snow level will rise from 700/800 meters to 1,000 / 1,100 meters at the end of the day. Maximum temperatures rising, with weak frosts in the south. On the coast, wind from east and northeast directions; inside, loose wind of north component.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy intervals that will increase during the morning overcast. Chance of light rain in Álava during the afternoon. The snow level will be around 300/500 meters at the beginning of the day and will rise to 800 / 1,000 meters in the west and above 1,300 meters in the east. Temperatures with few changes, with weak frosts in Álava and promptly in the interior of Guipúzcoa. On the coast, wind from east and northeast directions; inside, loose wind of north component.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the third east and Central System, overcast sky with weak, more intense and persistent rainfall in the east end. In the rest, cloudy intervals that will tend to overcast with weak rainfall. The snow level will rise from 500/800 meters to 1,200 / 1,300 meters from the afternoon. Minimum temperatures rising in the east and slightly rising in the rest; rising maximums. Weak frosts, more intense in high areas. Northeast direction wind, with strong gusts.
– NAVARRA: cloudy intervals that will increase from dawn to overcast. Light showers and showers in the south, more likely until noon. The snow level will be around 600/900 meters at the beginning of the day in the Pyrenees and 200/400 meters in the rest of the region, but will rise over 1,200 / 1,400 meters during the afternoon. Maximum temperatures rising in the Pyrenees area, in addition to generalized weak frosts, which will be more intense in mountain areas. Northwest wind in the Ribera and lazy north component in the rest. It will blow some very strong streak in the surroundings of Tudela from noon.
– LA RIOJA: overcast sky, more intense during the afternoon. The snow level will rise from 300/400 meters to 800 meters at noon and at 1,200 meters in the afternoon. Temperatures in slight ascent in the mountains, with weak frosts, more intense in the mountains. Wind from northwest and north directions.
– ARAGÓN: sky covered with rainfall, which will be locally strong and persistent in Teruel, as well as in the south and east of the province of Zaragoza during the second half of the day. In the east of the province of Teruel, rainfall can be accompanied by a storm. The snow level will be around 600/700 meters in Teruel and 400/600 meters southwest of Zaragoza during the first hours of the day, but will rise to 1,200 / 1,400 meters in the afternoon. Rising temperatures and frosts in the Iberian and Pyrenees. Moderate wind from north and northwest directions during the morning, which will tend in the afternoon to east and northeast directions with strong intervals in the east of the Ebro valley.
– CATALUÑA: sky covered with precipitation, which will be persistent and locally strong in the coastal provinces, and may be accompanied by a storm after noon. The snow level will be around 800 meters in the northern third in the early hours of the day and will rise to 1,400 / 1,500 meters throughout the territory. Rising temperatures with frost in the Pyrenees. Moderate to strong wind from northeast direction, with very strong gusts on the coast.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy intervals, which will tend from east to west to overcast, without ruling out weak, more likely rainfall in the east. The snow level will rise from 600/800 meters to 1,200 / 1,400 meters. Minimum temperatures in slight ascent and maximum in increase. Frost in high areas. Northeast direction wind, with strong gusts.
– MADRID: overcast sky with light rain and showers. The snow level will rise from 800 meters in the morning to 1,000 / 1,200 meters in the morning. Rising temperatures, more pronounced in the case of the minimum in the mountains. Weak frosts in high areas of the mountains. Northeast direction wind that will decrease in the late afternoon. Very strong gusts during the morning in the north of the autonomous community.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: overcast sky, with rain and showers in the eastern half and La Mancha, although they will not affect the west of Toledo and Ciudad Real. Precipitation will be in the form of snow in high areas of Guadalajara, Cuenca and Albacete above 800 meters during the early morning and will rise during the day to 1,000 / 1,200 meters. Rising temperatures and frosts in high mountain areas of Cuenca, Guadalajara and Albacete. Northeast wind with very strong gusts in large areas of Guadalajara and Cuenca, which will decrease in the late afternoon.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: overcast sky with persistent rainfall, locally strong and occasionally accompanied by storm. The rains will subside in intensity in the southern half during the afternoon. The snow level will be around 1,200 / 1,500 meters. Rising temperatures, with weak frosts at points in the northern interior. Moderate to strong wind from northeast direction, and weak to moderate in Alicante.
– MURCIA: sky overcast with precipitation, more intense until noon, when they can be persistent in the Campo de Cartagena, and will tend to be slightly cloudy on the coast at the end of the day. The snow level will be around 1,000 / 1,200 meters at dawn and will rise rapidly to 1,200 / 1,400 meters during the afternoon. Rising temperatures, with weak frosts in the northwest. Northeast direction wind, strong in the Campo de Cartagena in the early hours of the day, will turn during the day to east component and will decrease loosely in the interior.
– BALEARIC: sky covered with rains and showers that can be locally strong and persistent, occasionally with storm, although it will tend during the afternoon at cloudy intervals with low probability of occasional precipitation. Temperatures in slight ascent. Strong wind from east and southeast directions, with gusts that can reach 80 kilometers per hour in Menorca and half east of Mallorca.
– ANDALUSIA: cloudy intervals in the western half. Overcast sky in the eastern half with rainfall, most likely early in the day, with the snow level around 1,000 / 1,200 meters. During the afternoon, cloudiness and rainfall will move to the coast of Malaga and, less likely, to the rest of the western half. Rising temperatures, except for the minimum of the western third and the Mediterranean slope, unchanged. Weak frosts in the eastern interior. West component wind in the Strait and the western Mediterranean coast, which will turn east at the end of the day; Northeast direction wind in the rest of the region, with strong intervals in the Almeria coast and high areas, although it will subside during the afternoon.
– CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy sky with weak rains, locally persistent on the southern slopes of the islands of greater relief, and will tend to cloudy intervals during the afternoon in Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and the north of the rest of the islands. Temperatures in slight decrease, more pronounced in the maximum of the interior of Tenerife. Moderate north component wind, which will slow down during the afternoon. In central summits of Tenerife, strong wind will blow with very strong gusts of northwest direction.