The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) expects, today, Wednesday, persistent rains in the eastern and northwestern Cantabrian of Navarra, as well as intense wind gusts in the Galician coast, Cantabrian area, under Ebro and in the Balearic Islands.
An occasional shower in the northeast corner of Catalonia and the Balearic archipelago is not ruled out. In addition, the approach of a new Atlantic front will trigger rainfall in the peninsular northwest, which will extend at the end of the day to the rest of the Cantabrian and, less likely, to other areas of the northwest third.
In the Canary Islands, the sky will be cloudy with showers in the north of the islands of greater relief. Little cloudy in the southeast of the Peninsula and cloudy intervals in the rest of the zones.
The snow level will be located at the northern end of the peninsula between 1,400 / 1,600 meters and will rise throughout the day.
The winds will blow from the west or northwest in the Peninsula and in the Balearic Islands and from the northeast in the Canary Islands, and will be strong or with strong intervals in the Galician, Cantabrian coast, under Ebro, Melilla and in both archipelagos.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: very cloudy or overcast sky, with precipitation that will increase in frequency and intensity throughout the day. The snow level will be around 1,400 / 1,600 meters at the beginning of the day, and will rise throughout the day. Temperatures unchanged or with slight ascents of the minimums in the eastern third. At first, northwest wind on the coast, lazy south of Fisterra and lazy variable inside; during the central hours of the day it will increase and roll to the southwest, to roll again to the northwest in the afternoon.
– ASTURIAS: very cloudy or overcast, with more frequent and intense rainfall in the afternoon and especially in the eastern third. The snow level will be around 1,400 / 1,600 meters at the beginning, up to over 2,000 meters throughout the day. Minimum temperatures without changes or with slight ascents in the interior and maximums in increase, more pronounced the more to the east. On the coast, southwest wind during the first half of the day, which will get worse and roll to the northwest in the afternoon; in the interior, loose of west component, until getting worse in the afternoon.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy or covered with rains and showers that are locally persistent and occasionally stormy, less frequent and intense in the southern valleys. The snow level will range between 1,400 / 1,600 meters and will increase throughout the day above 2,000 meters. Temperatures without significant changes, except in the extreme west of the province where they will increase. Northwest and west wind with intervals of strong at night on the coast. Temporarily, during the afternoon, the wind will decrease to the southwest. Probable very strong gusts of wind of component west of dawn in mountain areas and at the end of the day on the coast.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy or covered with rains and widespread rains, occasionally stormy, which in Gipúzcoa will also be persistent during the first half of the day. Precipitation will temporarily cease in the afternoon to reappear at the end of the day and will be less frequent and intense in southern Alava. Temperatures without significant changes. Wind from the northwest and west, which will turn and decrease temporarily during the afternoon to the southwest, with strong intervals and very strong gusts of wind from the west at the end of the day on the coast.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy or overcast sky, precipitation in the northeast is expected, preferably at dawn and at night; in the rest of the mountainous north rainfalls in the second half of the day and in the rest of the region there will be a chance of weak rains at night. The snow level will be between 1,400 / 1,600 meters, and will rise above 2,000 meters. Temperatures unchanged or in slight decrease. Winds from west to southwest.
– NAVARRA: cloudy or overcast, except in the southeast where cloudy intervals will predominate. Rains and showers in the northern half, which with less intensity and frequency will extend to the south, and will be occasional and scattered in the extreme southeast. It is not ruled out that the showers are locally strong, persistent and occasionally with storm on the Cantabrian side. The snow level will range between 1,400 / 1,600 meters at the beginning and will rise to 1,600 / 1,800 meters. Temperatures with few changes, except the minimum in the region of Tudela where they will increase. Northwest wind that will turn and decrease to the south in the afternoon.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy or overcast, without ruling out weak early morning rainfall, safer at night, especially in the Iberian and Rioja Alta. The snow level will be located at 1,500 meters and will rise to 2,000 meters. Temperatures unchanged or rising lightly. Winds from the west, which will turn southwest in the afternoon.
– ARAGÓN: cloudy or overcast sky in the northern third with rainfall in Cinco Villas and the Pyrenees, where they will be more likely in the western sector and in the divide, and snow over 1,400 / 1,600 meters; cloudy intervals in the rest, more abundant in the Iberian and to the west. Temperatures with few changes in general and with local climbs of the maximum in the northern third. Weak frosts in points of the Pyrenees. Moderate northwest wind, with strong intervals in the easternmost regions of Teruel and Zaragoza.
– CATALUÑA: cloudy or overcast sky in the Pyrenees, cloudy intervals in the northeast quadrant and slightly cloudy in the rest. Morning rainfall is expected in the western Pyrenees, more intense in the Aran Valley, and they are not discarded in a scattered and occasional way in the rest of the Pyrenees and in the northeast quadrant. The snow level will range between 1,400 / 1,600 meters. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum with few changes. Weak frosts in points of the Pyrenees. In the southern half and in the northeast corner of Gerona, moderate northwest wind, with strong intervals and very strong gusts on the coast and prelitoral of Tarragona; in the rest, loose variable wind.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy intervals, which will tend at night from north to south to cloudy or overcast, without ruling out weak rainfall in the north. Minimum temperatures in light descent and maximum without changes. Winds from the northwest to the southwest.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: cloudy skies with weak rainfall in the mountains, and mists and fog banks in high areas at the beginning and end of the day. In the rest of the community, medium and high cloud intervals. Minimum temperatures decreasing, less pronounced in areas with mists and mists in the mountains. Maximum temperatures with slight changes. Winds from the west and northwest.
– CASTILLA – LA MANCHA: in Guadalajara and in the north of Cuenca, predominance of cloudy skies with mists and fog banks in high levels of the mountain areas, where some weak and dispersed precipitation is not ruled out. In the rest of the community, intervals of medium and high clouds, less abundant the further south. Minimum temperatures decreasing, less pronounced in foggy areas and fog banks. Maximum temperatures with slight changes. Winds, generally weak, from the west and northwest, more intense at the eastern end of Cuenca and Albacete during the central hours of the day.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: morning cloud intervals in the north of Castellón and slightly cloudy or clear skies in the rest. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum with few changes. Wind from the west and northwest loose to moderate, with very strong gusts inside Castellón.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy or clear skies. Minimum temperatures in decline; Maximum without changes. Winds from the northwest, more intense in the early hours, until turning southwest on the coast during the afternoon.
– BALEARIC: in Menorca and Mallorca, cloudy intervals with probability, during the early morning and at night, of some occasional and isolated rain; in the Pitiusas, the cloudless sky will predominate. Falling temperatures West and northwest wind with strong intervals until noon, with gusts of 60 km / h in general and 80 km / h on the summits of Mallorca.
– ANDALUSIA: little cloudy skies. Cloudy intervals and morning mists inside, without ruling out mists, more likely in the mountains. Minimum temperatures in decline; highs with few changes. Northwest winds, occasionally strong in Melilla.
– CANARY ISLANDS: In the north and northeast of the islands of greater relief, predominance of cloudy skies with generally weak rainfall, which can be locally moderate. In Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, cloudy with low probability of weak rains. In the rest, cloudy intervals. Temperatures in slight decrease. Moderate northeast wind, more intense in the middle and high areas.
. (tagsToTranslate) Today (t) persistent (t) Eastern Cantabrian (t) (t) Navarra