The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for today, Wednesday, persistent rains in the northeast of Catalonia and strong ones in the Balearic Islands, in addition to intense gusts of wind in Ibiza, the Catalan coast, the Strait and in the Alboran Sea.
Rainfall, which will affect the eastern peninsular third and the Balearic archipelago, will tend to subside throughout the day, and will be persistent in the northeast of Catalonia during the morning, while in the Balearic Islands they will be accompanied by a storm with strong intensity.
There will be light rains at the beginning of the day in Galicia and the rest of the Cantabrian Sea, as well as scattered showers during the afternoon in the Central system and in the east of the plateau.
In the rest of the Peninsula, cloudy intervals are expected, partly in evolution, and a slightly cloudy or clear sky will prevail in the extreme south, while in the Canary Islands it will remain covered in the north, with light rains and cloudy intervals in the south.
Daytime temperatures will increase in much of the territory, except in Galicia and in the archipelagos, where a slight decrease is expected.
The wind will blow strong from the northeast in Ibiza and on the Catalan coast; Poniente in the Strait and Alborán; with a northeast component in the Canary Islands and Balares, and from the north and west in the rest, while it will roll in the Cantabrian and Atlantic slopes.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
– GALICIA: cloudy or covered with some gaps in the early hours in the western third and later in the southern half. Occasional light rain or drizzle in the north, which could spread dispersively to points inland. Temperatures unchanged or slightly more slightly declining in the Rías Baixas. A weak north and northwest wind, which will be more intense on the coast, although it will lessen on the north coast.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy or overcast sky without ruling out light and scattered showers in the morning, and an occasional shower in the afternoon. Temperatures without changes, except for an increase in the maximum in the mountains and in the Picos de Europa. Wind of the west and northwest in the interior, more intense in the coast, that will turn at the end of the morning to the north and northwest, and will diminish to variable loose at night.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy or overcast skies, with clearings opening at the end of the afternoon on the coast. Light and scattered showers in the morning, without ruling out an occasional shower in inland areas in the afternoon. Morning mists and fog banks inside. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly decreasing, and maximums slightly increasing. On the coast, west and northwest winds, which will lessen at midday. In the interior, light north wind, with a tendency to variable in the afternoon.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy skies or overcast with light rains and showers, with a tendency to cloudy intervals in the afternoon when precipitation will subside. Morning mists and fog banks inside. Minimum temperatures unchanged and maximums slightly increasing. On the coast, wind from the northwest, which will turn west in the afternoon. In the interior, light wind from the north and northwest, with a tendency to variable.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the eastern and northern mountainous, cloudy or covered with some early morning drizzle. In the rest, cloudy intervals. Scattered morning fogs and fog banks are not ruled out. Evolution cloudiness in the afternoon with low probability of weak and scattered showers, especially in eastern mountain areas. Minimum temperatures in slight descent, and maximum in ascent. North and northeast winds, generally weak.
– NAVARRA: cloudy or overcast skies, with clearing at the end of the day in the southern half. Rains and showers in the north, without being ruled out in the rest, which will remit in the afternoon. Mists and some bank of morning fog in the north. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximums in slight increase, more pronounced in the eastern third. North and northwest wind, which will subside in the afternoon.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy or covered with light drizzles and rains, mainly in the Iberian, where there may also be banks of fog. Rainfall will subside at the end of the day, while gaps will open in Rioja Baja. Minimum temperatures without changes and maximum temperatures in light ascent. North and northwest winds.
– ARAGÓN: overcast, with precipitations in the southern half and in the Pyrenees, with a tendency to remit towards midday, until decreasing to cloudy, with probability of scattered showers in the Pyrenees and in the Iberian during the afternoon, without ruling out that they spread to areas close to the eastern half. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum temperatures on the rise, locally notable in the northern half. In the Ebro valley and to the south, a moderate northwesterly wind, with a tendency to vary slowly during the afternoon, and in the rest, a weak variable.
– CATALONIA: covered with rainfall, locally persistent in the eastern half, less intense in the southern half and in the western Pyrenees, and less likely in the rest, which will generally subside after noon and decrease to cloudy in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum temperatures on the rise. In the eastern half, light and moderate winds from the north and northeast, especially on the coast. In the rest, loose variable.
– EXTREMADURA: little cloud in the north and low cloud intervals in the south, which will increase to a cloudy sky with clouds of evolution. Scattered light showers are not ruled out in mountainous areas of the north. Minimum temperatures in slight ascent and maximum in ascent. Loose winds from the west, with a tendency to variable direction.
– MADRID COMMUNITY: in the mountains, cloudy with low clouds, mists and probable morning fog banks. Intervals of medium and high clouds in the rest until increasing to cloudy during the central hours of the day, with a predominance of cloudiness of evolution. There will be cloudy intervals at the end of the day. Some scattered showers in the afternoon in the mountains are not ruled out. Minimum temperatures with little change and maximum temperatures increasing, more pronounced in the southeast of the community. Loose north component wind.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: cloudy or overcast in the eastern half and cloudy intervals in the rest, until increasing in the afternoon to cloudy with cloudiness of evolution throughout the community, and opening of gaps at the end of the day. Light rain and scattered showers in the eastern third at dawn, with probability in the afternoon in the high areas of the eastern half. Minimum temperatures increasing in the south of Albacete and with little change in the rest. Increasing maximums that will become notable in La Manchuela. Light wind, with a northern component in the eastern half, with more intense intervals in the first half of the day, and a western component in the rest, with a tendency to variable throughout the community in the late afternoon.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy sky or covered with precipitations, locally persistent in the north of Alicante and in the south of Valencia during the morning, with a tendency to remit during the afternoon, except for some scattered showers in the interior. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum temperatures on the rise, especially in the interior of Valencia. Wind with a weak northern component, with moderate intervals on the coast and in the southern third.
– MURCIA: predominance of cloudy skies, without ruling out occasional showers. Rising temperatures. Winds from the northwest, occasionally strong with very strong gusts at dawn in the Altiplano, with a tendency in the afternoon to weak variables in the interior, which will turn to the east component on the coast.
– BALEARES: cloudy sky, with a tendency in the afternoon to cloudy intervals. Occasional rainfall accompanied by a storm, which could be locally strong, and will subside throughout the afternoon. Temperatures with little change. Variable winds, trending in the afternoon to the north, with strong intervals, and gusts of 60 to 70 kilometers per hour in the Pitiusas and in the west and north of Mallorca.
– ANDALUCIA: predominance of slightly cloudy skies on the coast, more cloudy in the interior, with mists and low morning clouds, without ruling out mists. Evolution cloudiness in the afternoon in the mountains. Early morning precipitation is expected in the Sierra de Cazorla and is not ruled out during the afternoon in the eastern mountains. Minimum rising temperatures in the eastern interior, with little change in the rest. Locally notable rising maxima on the Mediterranean coast and unchanged on the Atlantic coast. West component winds, with very strong gusts at dawn in the eastern highlands, generally weak during the day, more intense on the Mediterranean coast, until they subside in the afternoon and turn at the end of the day to the eastern component on the eastern coast. West in the Strait, which will loosen in the last hours.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and in the north and northeast of the islands of greater relief, cloudy skies that will decrease at cloudy intervals in the central hours of the day. In the rest of the areas, low and high cloud intervals. Scattered light rains on the eastern islands are not ruled out in the afternoon, which will be more likely in the northeastern part of the rest of the islands at the end of the day. Temperatures with little change in the eastern half and decreasing in the western half, mainly in inland areas. Northeast wind, with breezes off the southwest coasts of the most mountainous islands.