The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for today, Tuesday, rains and showers that can be locally strong and stormy in the northeast of Catalonia, and will spread less intensely to Galicia, the Cantabrian area and the Pyrenees.
Rainfall will remit at the end of the day except in Galicia, where a new Atlantic front will approach at the last minute.
In the rest of the Peninsula and the Strait area, there will be cloudy intervals and evolution cloudiness, without ruling out some scattered and occasional showers, which will be more likely in the North plateau, the Iberian and Central systems and the Andalusian mountains; a morning fog bank is also foreseen in the southern plateau.
The sky will be slightly cloudy with some high cloudiness on the Mediterranean coast and the Balearic Islands; while in the Canary Islands, weak precipitation is expected in the islands with higher relief and a weak north wind.
The maximum temperatures will drop in the eastern Pyrenees, will rise in the west of Andalusia and will remain with little change in the rest of the country, while the minimum will only drop in the north of the Ebro and in the surroundings of the Central System.
The level of snow in the Pyrenees will drop from 1,800 / 2,000 meters to 1,600 / 1,800 meters.
The wind will blow with a predominance of the western component in the peninsular environment and a strong southwest direction at the end of the day on the Galician coast.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
- GALICIA: overcast sky without ruling out any haze or fog scattered in high areas of the interior. Light rain and scattered showers. Temperatures with little change. Light wind from southwest and west directions, more intense on the north coast, and will increase throughout the autonomous community at noon and at the end of the day until reaching a strong intensity on the Death Coast.
- ASTURIAS: cloudy sky without ruling out any haze or fog dispersed in high areas of the southwest. Light rain and scattered showers in the southwest and in the eastern third, which in a scattered and less likely way can spread to the rest of the region. Decreasing temperatures. Loose wind from west and southwest directions, more intense on the coast where it will roll west and northwest at noon, although it will lessen during the night to the south component throughout the autonomous community.
- CANTABRIA: cloudy sky, except in the extreme south at the beginning and at the end of the day with cloudy intervals and on the coast, where some gaps will open during central hours. There will be weak rainfall, which will be less likely in Cantabria on the Ebro and in the afternoon on the coast, although it is not ruled out that the rest will be more intense and may be accompanied by a storm, but will remit at the end of the afternoon. Minimum temperatures in descent in the interior. Wind from the southwest direction, weak in the interior, which during the afternoon will roll to the northwest and north except in the extreme south where it will increase; at the end of the day it will tend to be loose, variable in the interior and southwest in the coastline.
- BASQUE COUNTRY: overcast sky, except in the southern half until noon with cloudy intervals and on the coast, where some gaps will open during central hours. Precipitation in the northern half especially in the morning, although they will be weak and less likely in Álava, and on the coast during the afternoon, when it is not ruled out that in the rest of the northern half they may be accompanied by occasional storms, but will remit at the end pm. Probability of morning fogs and fog banks in high areas of the extreme east. Decreasing temperatures, except for the maximum in the coast and Biscay with few changes. Wind from the southwest direction, weak in the interior, which during the afternoon will roll to the west and northwest except in the southern third where it will pick up, and at the end of the day it will tend to weak, variable in the interior and from the southwest on the coast.
- CASTILLA Y LEÓN: low cloud intervals that can cause mists and banks of morning fog, which will increase to cloudy skies with cloudiness of evolution without ruling out scattered showers, especially in mountain areas. Minimum temperatures in light descent and maximum in light descent. Weak frosts in high mountain areas. West component wind.
- NAVARRA: cloudy sky in the northern half with morning mists and fog banks in the western sierras and little cloud in the rest of the region, which will increase during the afternoon under cover and some clearing will open at the end of the day. Weak precipitations from the morning in the northern half, more intense in the Cantabrian slope, without ruling out that occasionally they are accompanied by a storm and that will remit at the end of the afternoon. Decreasing temperatures, except for the maximums in the south of the Ribera that will remain with few changes. Variable light wind that will tend to the west component in the morning, north in the afternoon and will increase in the southwest quadrant during the central hours.
- LA RIOJA: cloudy intervals without ruling out mist and morning fog banks. In the afternoon there will be cloudiness of evolution, without ruling out scattered showers, especially in the mountains. Temperatures in slight decrease. West component wind.
- ARAGÓN: slightly cloudy sky, with some intervals and occasional heavy showers in the Pyrenees in the early hours of the day. Daytime evolution cloudiness in mountain areas, with occasional stormy showers in the Pyrenees during the afternoon. The snow level will be between 1,600 / 2,000 meters. Morning mists and fog banks in the valleys. Decreasing temperatures, especially the minimum in the northern half. Loose wind from the west component, with moderate intervals during the central hours.
- CATALONIA: slightly cloudy sky, with some intervals and occasional showers with thunderstorms in the northern third early in the day. Daytime evolution cloudiness in inland mountain areas with occasional stormy showers in the Pyrenees and northeast during the afternoon. The snow level will drop at the end of the day on time in the western Pyrenees to 1,800 / 2,000 meters. Morning mists and fog banks inside. Minimum temperatures with some slight decrease in the western Pyrenees and maximum decreases in the Pyrenees and with some slight decrease in the southern half. On the coast, light to moderate wind from southwest direction, especially during the afternoon, and in the rest, light to moderate west component.
- EXTREMADURA: intervals of low morning clouds, which can cause mist and fog banks. Evolution clouds, with a chance of scattered showers, mainly in the north. Minimum falling temperatures. West component wind.
- MADRID: clear sky that will increase in the morning at low cloud intervals, with cloudiness of evolution during the afternoon, without ruling out an occasional shower in the mountains, and will tend at night to a slightly cloudy sky. Probability of morning mists or fog banks in the southeast of the region. Minimum falling temperatures. Light wind from west and southwest directions.
- CASTILLA - LA MANCHA: slightly cloudy sky at dawn that will tend to intervals of low clouds at the beginning of the day, with cloudiness of evolution in the afternoon, without ruling out an occasional shower in the Serranía de Cuenca and Guadalajara, in Parameras de Molina and in Alcaraz and Segura, and it will tend during the night to little cloudy sky. Probability of fogs and fog banks in La Mancha and in the west of the autonomous community. Minimum temperatures in decrease, which can remain unchanged in areas of the southern third, and maximum temperatures in the southwest. Loose wind with a western component, with some more intense interval during the central hours in Albacete, the Serranía de Cuenca and Parameras.
- VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: clear sky, with cloudiness of daytime evolution in inland mountain areas. In the interior of Castellón, an isolated shower during the afternoon is not ruled out. Minimum temperatures with some local decrease in the interior. Light to moderate westerly wind.
- MURCIA: slightly cloudy sky with high cloud intervals, and daytime evolution cloudiness in the interior. Probability of occasional weak precipitation during the afternoon in the mountains. Minimum falling temperatures. Loose wind with a western component, which will turn southwest on the coast during the afternoon.
- BALEARIC ISLANDS: predominance of slightly cloudy sky with high cloud intervals from noon. At dawn, some weak, occasional and isolated precipitation is not ruled out. Daytime temperatures rising slightly. Wind from west and southwest directions.
- ANDALUSIA: cloudy sky, with evolution cloudiness during the afternoon in the interior. Occasional light showers, more likely and frequent in the Strait and Cazorla area in the first half of the day and in the afternoon in the rest of the mountains, although they will be unlikely on the Mediterranean coast and in Huelva. Morning mists inside. Minimum temperatures in decline in the western extreme and maximum temperatures in the interior. Loose wind with a western component, more intense on the coast and eastern highlands.
- CANARY ISLANDS: slightly cloudy sky with high clouds, which will tend to cloudy sky during the afternoon in the interior and southern coasts, when some light, occasional and scattered rain is not ruled out. Minimum temperatures in slight ascent. Light to moderate north wind.