The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) provides for today, Wednesday, rains and showers in the northern peninsular, locally strong and persistent in the Cantabrian and Western Pyrenees, and strong wind in the northern extreme, eastern peninsular third, Alborán and Baleares.
The frontal system will produce rains and showers in the northern peninsular extreme, which will be locally strong or persistent in the Cantabrian and western Pyrenees, and throughout the day it will also affect the peninsular center and south, and the Balearic Islands, with occasional, more intense and frequent rainfall. in mountainous areas.
At the end of the day the cloudiness and rainfall will decrease, except in the surroundings of Galicia and Western Cantabrian, where the entry of a new front is expected. In the Canary Islands, cloudy or overcast in the north of the islands.
The snow level in the Pyrenees will be between 1,200 and 1,500 meters; in the Cantabrian mountain range between 1,400 and 1,600 meters, which will drop around 1,000 and 1,200 meters; and in Central System it will be located around 1,400 and 1,600 meters.
Daytime temperatures will rise, except in the northern peninsula, Catalonia and the archipelagos, where a decline is expected, while nighttime temperatures will rise, with frosts in the Pyrenees.
The wind will blow from the west and northwest directions on the peninsula and the Balearic Islands, with strong intensity or with strong gusts at the north end, eastern third of the peninsula, the Balearic Islands and in Alboran. In the Canary Islands, intervals of strong northeast wind.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: cloudy or overcast, with opening of clearings in the morning, rains and showers widespread and intense at dawn, which will remit in the morning and will be generalized at night. Precipitation may be snow at the end of the day, above 1,200 / 1,400 meters. Minimum temperatures rising in the south and unchanged or falling in the north. Wind from the west and northwest, locally strong on the coast and locally very strong gusts in the south interior, which will roll from dawn to north component, less intense in the interior and which will get worse in the afternoon to west and northwest directions, with very strong gusts on the north coast.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy or covered with rains and heavy rain showers locally strong and persistent, which will send from noon and will occur again at the end of the day. The snow level will be around 1,400 and 1,600 meters and will go down to 1,200 meters. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum temperatures without changes, with weak frosts in high mountain areas. Variable wind early in the morning tending to the north component loose in the interior and more intense on the coast with strong intervals during the afternoon and very strong gusts at the end of the day.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy or overcast sky, with fog and fog banks, more likely in high areas. Rains and widespread rains, locally strong on the coast and nearby areas during the early morning, which will remit from the end of the morning and will reactivate at the end of the day. The snow level will drop from 1,400 / 1,600 meters to 1,000 meters at the end of the day. Temperatures with slight decrease. On the coast, northeast wind that will turn west and increase in intensity at the end of the day, with very strong gusts, and in the interior, northwest wind.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy or overcast skies, with mists and fog banks, more likely in high areas, and widespread rains and showers, which can be locally strong on the coast and near dawn areas and which will remit from the end of the tomorrow, but they will reactivate in the northern half at the end of the day. Temperatures with slight changes, predominantly decreases in the maximum. On the coast, northeast wind that will roll to the west component and increase in intensity at the end of the day, with very strong gusts, and in the interior, northwest wind.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: overcast sky at dawn and with cloudy intervals from the west during the morning, except in the extreme north, which will remain cloudy, increasing again the cloudiness at the end of the afternoon in the northwest. Generalized early morning rainfall, locally strong in mountain areas, especially in the north, which will return at the end of the day to the northwest. The snow level will be between 1,800 and 2,000 meters, but will drop at the end of the day in the northwest to about 1,200 meters. Rising temperatures, light in the extreme north and more pronounced in the rest. Wind from the southwest to the northwest of the region, with strong or very strong gusts in mountain areas at the beginning and end of the day.
– NAVARRA: overcast sky, with mists and fog banks, more likely in high areas, with rains and showers, locally strong in the first hour in the north, which will remit in the afternoon, except in the northern third, where they will be less intense. The snow level will be located at 1,500 meters in the Pyrenees. Temperatures with few changes and weak frosts on the summits of the Pyrenees. Loose wind variable, tending to more intense northwest direction.
– LA RIOJA: covered with rainfall, locally strong at dawn in the Iberian, which will tend to disappear in the second half of the day, while decreasing cloudiness at cloudy intervals. The snow level will be 2,000 meters, down to 1,400 meters at the end of the day. Temperatures unchanged or in slight decrease. North and northwest wind turning southwest, with strong gusts in the mountains at the end of the day.
– ARAGÓN: overcast sky with precipitation in the first half of the day and in the afternoon slightly cloudy sky. The snow level will be between 1,300 and 1,500 meters in the Pyrenees. Temperatures with few changes, except for minimum and freezing drops in the Pyrenees. Northwest wind, moderate in general, with very strong gusts to the southeast of the region that will blow loose to the northeast.
– CATALUÑA: overcast sky with widespread rainfall in the first half of the day, less likely in the northeast, which will remit during the afternoon and give way to a cloudy sky, except in the Aran Valley. The snow level will be between 1,300 and 1,500 meters in the Pyrenees. Temperatures unchanged or with local drops, with frosts in the Pyrenees. On the coast of Girona, the wind will blow from moderate to strong north component; in the southern half it will roll to a loose to moderate west component, with very strong gusts in the southern prelitoral of Tarragona, while in the rest it will blow variable lax.
– EXTREMADURA: overcast sky with scattered weak rainfall, especially in the Central System, and more occasional in the rest, which will tend to be slightly cloudy during the morning. Rising temperatures Southwest wind, which will blow loose in the central northwest hours of the autonomous community.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: cloudy sky, with weak rains and showers that can be locally strong in the mountains, with a tendency to cloudy intervals from noon, at which time rainfall will remit. Rising temperatures, more marked than the minimum in the southeast. Wind from the southwest and west, with very strong gusts in high areas of the sierra, which will roll to north and northwest directions and that will subside during the morning, except in the mountains, which will decrease in the afternoon.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: overcast sky, with rains, generally weak, and showers, more frequent and intense in northeastern mountain areas, where they can be locally strong; from noon, there will be cloudy intervals and they will send rainfall from the west. Rising temperatures, more marked in the minimum, becoming locally notable in the western half and in La Mancha. West and southwest wind, which will subside and roll north and northwest during central daylight hours. Very strong gusts in the southeast of the autonomous community, which will subside at the end of the afternoon.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: overcast sky, with widespread rainfall in the first half of the day, less likely in the extreme south, which will remit in the afternoon and will tend to slightly cloudy skies. Rising temperatures in the southern half and with few changes in the northern half. Wind from the west and northwest moderate, with very strong gusts in the interior, which will tend to loose at the end of the day.
– REGION OF MURCIA: sky with cloudy intervals, without ruling out occasional rainfall during the first half of the day, more likely in the Altiplano, and generally cloudy sky during the afternoon. Rising temperatures West component wind, strong with very strong gusts in the Northwest and Altiplano.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: cloudy intervals, which will give way from morning to afternoon to a sky covered with widespread rainfall. Temperatures with few changes. Wind from west and northwest directions with some strong interval, which will roll to north component during the afternoon.
– ANDALUCÍA: cloudy sky or overcast with occasional rainfall, generally weak, more intense and frequent in mountain areas and unlikely in the Mediterranean slope, without reaching the eastern end. From the afternoon they will open clear, except in the mountains of the eastern interior. Rising temperatures, locally without changes in the Mediterranean coast. West component wind, which will increase at strong intensity with very strong gusts on the Mediterranean coast, Strait and high eastern areas.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, intervals of low clouds in the morning and high clouds in the afternoon; in the north and east of the islands of greater relief, cloudy or overcast, without ruling out weak and scattered rains, something more likely in the northeast of Tenerife from noon; in the rest, intervals of high clouds. Temperatures with few changes. Moderate to strong northeast wind, with gusts that can reach 70 kilometers per hour locally, mainly during the first half of the day.
. (tagsToTranslate) Today (t) heavy rains (t) (t) Cantabrico (t) wind