Today there will be cloudy skies in most of the country, with precipitation that will be more frequent and intense in the Mediterranean area, especially in the south of Catalonia, Aragon, Balearic Islands and Castellón, province where it is not ruled out that they can be torrential, reports the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
Occasional and scattered squalls are expected in the rest of the peninsula's southeast half. In the extreme north there may be showers and weak showers in general.
In the Canaries there will be rainfall on the islands of greater relief, which will be more frequent and intense during the afternoon.
Daytime temperatures will fall in the peninsular interior and will increase in Galicia, western Andalusia and the Balearic Islands.
The wind will blow of northern component in the northern half of the Peninsula, with intervals of strong in the littorals of Galicia, Catalonia and Levante, and gusts of strong winds in storm zones, especially in the littorals of the Communities of Catalonia and Valencia . There will be a trade regime in the Canary Islands.
PREDICTION OF AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
– GALICIA: low cloud intervals with a predominance of slightly cloudy skies in the south. Weak and occasional rains in the far north in the first half of the day. Mists and morning fog banks, persistent in A Mariña and in high areas. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum in slight ascent. Winds of the northeast, with intervals of forts in the western littoral and high zones.
– ASTURIAS: Covered sky at the beginning of the day that will tend to cloudy intervals in the morning. Weak and scattered rains in the first half of the day and that will be unlikely in the south. Mists and morning fog banks. unchanged minimum and maximum temperatures slightly rising. Winds of north component, loose in the interior and more intense in the coast.
– CANTABRIA: skies covered with a probability of fog, without ruling out morning fog banks in high areas and scattered rains in the interior. Temperatures without changes. Loose wind of west and northwest in the coast and loose of north component in the interior.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: sky covered with fog and probable morning fog banks in high areas. Weak and scattered rains in the interior, which will increase at the end of the day in the Rioja Alavesa. Minimum temperatures with few changes and increasing maximums. Loose winds, of north component in the interior and of the west and northwest in the littoral.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the east and south third, cloudy sky with rain and showers, which can be strong and persistent in the southern half of Soria and in the mountains of Segovia and Ávila. In the rest, cloudy intervals with a probability of weak rainfall, except in the northwest. Mists or low clouds in the northern mountains will be likely. Minimum temperatures in slight rise in the east and maximum in descent in the southeast. Winds from the north and northeast, with some intervals of forts.
– NAVARRA: covered skies, especially on the Cantabrian slope, with banks of fog and morning mist in high areas. Weak rains will be likely in the northwest and some shower from midday in the Pyrenees that may be accompanied by a storm. At the end of the day rain is expected in the Ribera. Rising temperatures. Loose wind in general, with predominance of the northern component.
– LA RIOJA: sky covered with precipitation, more frequent and intense in the afternoon in Rioja Baja, where they can be strong or persistent. Rising temperatures. Winds from the north and northeast in the Iberian and northwest in the Valley, loose in general.
– ARAGON: in the southern half, overcast sky and, in the northern half, cloudy intervals. In the southern half precipitations that may be persistent and that in the eastern regions may be very strong and storm. In the northern half, some weak precipitation is not ruled out, especially towards the end of the day. Minimum rising temperatures and maximum without major changes. In the middle south wind of the east and moderate northeast, with intervals of strong at the beginning; in the rest, loose variable wind.
– CATALONIA: in the south, sky covered with locally strong and persistent rainfall. In the rest, cloudy intervals, without ruling out weak precipitations, more likely in the second half of the day and in coastal areas. Minimum temperatures in ascent and maximum without changes. East wind and moderate northeast with intervals of strong, especially in the central and southern coast.
– EXTREMADURA: sky covered with showers in the morning, more frequent and intense in the southern half. Opening of clearings in the central hours of the day. Minimum temperatures in descent in Badajoz and slight rise in the rest and maximum without changes in the north and slight decrease in the rest. Winds of east component, loose in general.
– MADRID: sky covered with rain and showers accompanied by thunderstorms, without ruling out that they may be strong in the eastern half, and that they will tend to reduce cloudiness and precipitation in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures with few changes and decreasing maximums. Wind from the northeast and east, without ruling out strong gusts during the central hours in the western half of the Sierra.
– CASTILLA – LA MANCHA: sky covered with rain and showers accompanied by thunderstorms, strong during the first half of the day in the eastern third of the Community, with gradually decreasing cloud cover and rainfall that will cease from south to north during the afternoon. Minimum temperatures with few changes, except in the south of Ciudad Real, where they will descend, and maximum in descent, except in Albacete and eastern half of Cuenca, where they will remain without significant changes. Northeast wind, with probable very strong gusts at dawn in high areas of the Serrania de Cuenca and southeast of Guadalajara, which will decrease progressively from south to north during the second half of the day and east and southeast weak, except in Guadalajara where the loose northeast.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: covered sky with opening of large clearings in the afternoon in the southern half. In Castellón and Valencia strong and persistent precipitations with storm are expected, or even torrential in Castellón. The precipitations will remit from south to north. In Alicante we do not rule out weak rainfall. Temperatures without major changes. In the north half wind of the moderate northeast, with intervals of strong in the littoral at first hours, that will tend in the morning to loose variable; in the southern half, loose variable wind.
– MURCIA: skies covered with isolated and occasional showers, more intense in the last hours on the coast, where storms are not ruled out. Mists and probable morning fog banks in the interior. Temperatures in slight decrease. Winds from the southwest on the coast and loose variables in the rest, which will turn to east component in the afternoon.
– BALEARIC: sky covered with rain and strong showers, persistent and accompanied by a storm, which tend to cloudy intervals with occasional showers during the morning. Temperatures with few changes. In Mallorca and Menorca, easterly winds with strong intervals during the early morning, which will decrease in the morning to weak; in Ibiza and Formentera, winds from the southwest that will pass in the afternoon to light winds.
– ANDALUCÍA: cloudy skies with occasional showers. During the morning they will be more likely and frequent in the western interior, where they will open clear in the afternoon. In the last hours, the precipitations may be locally strong and accompanied by storms on the Mediterranean coast and the Strait area. Mists and morning fog banks will be likely in the interior. Decreasing minimum temperatures in the eastern interior and rising maximums in the western interior and decreasing in the north of Córdoba and Jaén. Winds of western component in the Mediterranean coast and loose variables in the rest, which will tend in the afternoon to east component in all areas, and will increase to strong at the end in the Mediterranean coast and eastern high areas.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in the north and in the interior of the islands of greater relief, the cloudy skies will predominate with weak rainfall, and will be moderate in the second half of the day. On Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, cloudy intervals with a probability of weak rainfall. In the other areas, medium and high cloud intervals, without occasional drizzle discarding. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum in slight decrease. Moderate wind with strong gusts during the early morning, which will decrease throughout the day, northern component in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura and northeast in the rest of the islands.