The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) forecasts for today, Thursday, intense rainfall in the north of the Canary Islands and rising daytime temperatures in much of the peninsula, except in the southern plateau, Murcia, eastern Andalusian coast, where they will remain without changes.
Cloud cover will increase in the Canary Islands throughout the day, with rainfall on the islands of greater relief, which will be more intense in the north and during the second half of the day, when they could be accompanied by storms and be locally strong on the western islands.
The sky will be little cloudy or with cloudy intervals at the beginning of the day in most of the peninsula, although in the interior there will be abundant daytime cloudiness of evolution.
In the afternoon, there will be showers occasionally accompanied by storms in the Pyrenean area, also probable in the Iberian system and without ruling them out in the Cantabrian Mountains, Central System, southeastern peninsular mountains and nearby areas.
In the Balearic Islands and most of the Mediterranean coast, it will be lightly cloudy, except for some low cloud intervals in the Strait area and possible fog banks early in the day in the Cantabrian area, in the upper Ebro, inland Galicia. and in the extreme southeast of the peninsula.
The minimum daytime temperatures will rise in a large part of the peninsular territory, except in the southern plateau, Murcia and the eastern Andalusian coast, where they will hardly change, as in the Balearic and Canary Islands.
Wind from the north will blow in the Canary Islands, the Balearic Islands and the Galician coast, from the east in the south-east of the peninsula and in the rest of the Andalusian coast, where the wind will pick up to strong east in the Strait, and weak in the other regions.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: cloudy skies, showers and storms in the eastern interior, which could be strong in the mountain areas of Lugo and Ourense in the afternoon, and which could spread weaker to the rest of the autonomous community, except for the West Coast. No mist or fog banks are ruled out inside. Minimum temperatures without changes in the northwest and increasing in the rest and maximums with a slight rise. Loose north component wind on the coast south of Finisterre and variable loose wind in the rest of the territory, with a tendency to east component at the end of the day.
– ASTURIAS: morning cloudy intervals, which will soon increase to overcast, with showers and storms, less likely on the coast, which could be locally strong in the Cordillera. Rising temperatures. The wind will blow lightly with a tendency to variable.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy intervals, which will increase to the overcast sky with clouds of evolution, scattered showers and storms, less likely on the coast, which may be locally strong and be accompanied by inland hail during the central hours of the day, possible fogs and some morning fog bank inside. Rising temperatures, which will be more pronounced at the minimum. Light wind with a predominance of a southern component in the interior and a northern component on the coast.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: slightly cloudy sky, which will develop into a sky covered by evolutionary clouds, scattered showers and storms, less likely on the coast, which may be locally strong and be accompanied by hail inland during the central hours of the day , and mists and some bank of morning fog in the interior of the territory. Rise in temperatures. Light wind with a predominance of a southern component in the interior and a northern component on the coast.
– CASTILLA Y LEON: cloudy to cloudy or overcast intervals, with showers in the north and in the eastern third, which may be locally strong and accompanied by a storm, and possible showers accompanied by a storm in the south and without ruling out the rest of the autonomous community. Minimum rising temperatures and maximum temperatures without changes or slightly rising. Variable wind, with predominance of the southern component.
– NAVARRA: cloudy intervals, increasing evolution cloudiness in the central hours of the day and occasional showers and storms in the northern half at the end of the morning, which will spread in the afternoon to the rest of the foral community and could be locally strong and be accompanied by hail. Increasing temperatures, especially the minimum in the southern half. Light south and southeast wind in the morning.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy intervals, which will increase to the overcast sky, with heavy showers that could be accompanied by a storm, especially in the Iberian region. Minimum temperatures on the rise and maximum temperatures on the rise. Prevalence of weak wind from the southern component.
– ARAGON: cloudy intervals, cloudy from noon, with showers and storms that can be locally strong and that will be less likely in the Ebro valley and morning fog and fog banks in the valleys of the autonomous community. Temperatures in slight rise. Variable and weak wind.
– CATALONIA: slightly cloudy skies in the southern half and cloudy intervals in the rest of the autonomous community, daytime evolution cloudiness in the interior mountain areas, showers and storms in the Pyrenees from noon, locally strong, and mists and benches of morning fog inside. Temperatures with little change or slightly rising from the maximum. Loose south wind during the central hours of the day.
– EXTREMADURA: slightly cloudy, with high clouds and evolution cloudiness and showers accompanied by a storm in the second half of the day, especially in the northern and southern third of the region. Minimum temperatures will rise, while maximum temperatures will remain unchanged or present a slight rise. Variable wind with a predominance of southeast direction.
– MADRID COMMUNITY: cloudy intervals in the area of the sierra with sky increase with cloudiness of diurnal evolution, with scattered and occasional showers, more likely after noon and that could be accompanied by a storm, and little cloud in the rest of the community, although it will evolve at cloudy intervals and high clouds in the afternoon, when some scattered and stormy showers are not ruled out. Temperatures in slight rise. Light northeast wind early in the day, which will roll southeast.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: in the extreme northeast, cloudy intervals with increased cloudiness during the central hours of the day and probability of scattered and occasionally stormy showers in the afternoon. A little cloudy sky in the rest of the territory, with some interval of high clouds and increase in the intervals of evolution cloudiness, without ruling out in the afternoon some scattered and occasionally stormy showers in the northern half, especially in the western half of Toledo. Morning mists are not ruled out in the southeast. Minimum temperatures with few changes, except in the extreme northeast, where they will rise, and maximums with a slight rise. Variable light wind, except in Cuenca and Albacete, where the light southeast wind will predominate, and in Guadalajara, where the wind will blow light from the south.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: slightly cloudy, with high cloud intervals, cloud cover with daytime evolution from noon inland, which can leave showers and local storms in its northern half, and morning fogs and fog banks inland. Temperatures without major changes. Light wind, with a predominance of the east component during the central hours of the day.
– MURCIA: intervals of medium and high clouds. Temperatures with little change. East component wind, weak in the interior of the region.
– BALEARES: predominance of light cloudy sky. Nighttime temperatures slightly decreasing and daytime temperatures slightly rising. Light wind and coastal breezes.
– ANDALUCIA: cloudy or overcast sky, without ruling out occasional showers, more probable and intense from the afternoon in the western third and in the Betic mountains, where they can be accompanied by storms. Rainfall will be unlikely in Almería and on the eastern Mediterranean coast. Minimum rising temperatures in the western half and increasing maximums in the eastern interior and with little change in the rest of the territory. East component wind, weak in the interior and strong in the Strait area.
– CANARY ISLANDS: predominance of cloudy sky, with opening of wide clearings in the afternoon. Weak or moderate rainfall in the north of the islands of greater relief during the first half of the day, which will subside in the morning. It is not ruled out that rains occur on the southern slope. Probability of weak rainfall in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura early in the day. Temperatures with little change or slightly rising. Northeast wind, which will turn to the north component during the morning.