The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for today, Wednesday, a decrease in daytime temperatures in the southern peninsula and the entire Mediterranean area, and an ascent only in Galicia.
Night temperatures will remain with few changes and with weak frosts only in the Pyrenees.
The sky will be cloudy or with cloudy intervals in most of the country, except in the peninsular southeast and the Canary Islands where it will be slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds.
Probability of weak rains in the northeastern peninsular third, especially in the eastern half of Catalonia, where they can be somewhat more intense. Nor is any weak and scattered rain discarded in other parts of the peninsular northeast half.
The snow level will be located on the peninsula at around 1,800 / 2,200 meters.
Probability of some fog banks in the peninsular interior, and of calimas in the Canary Islands.
The wind will blow from the north component and will turn to the south component on the coast of Galicia and Ampurdán, in a southeasterly direction in the Cantabrian and Balearic Islands, in a northeasterly direction on the peninsular southeast coastlines, west in the Strait, east in the Canary Islands, and It will blow variable or calm loose in the rest of the country.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: overcast sky, with a predominance of high clouds in the morning that will decrease from noon to cloudy intervals. Mists and morning fog banks are not ruled out in the interior and weak, scattered and occasional rain in the afternoon and evening. Minimum temperatures without changes in the southeast and in decrease in the rest, and maximums in increase. Loose wind from east and northeast directions that will roll during the afternoon to south component, and will be somewhat more intense on the coast at night.
– ASTURIAS: overcast sky, with abundant high cloudiness, and with clearing during the afternoon. Weak and occasional rains are not ruled out at the end of the day at the west end. Probability of morning fogs and fog banks in high mountain areas. Minimum temperatures in decline and maximum temperatures in the west. Loose wind variable, east and southeast directions on the coast and south component in the interior.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy sky, without ruling out any fog or morning fog bank in the high areas of the southwest, although it will decrease from noon to cloudy intervals. Probability of weak and scattered showers in the first half of the day. Minimum temperatures in descent, except the extreme south where they will remain with few changes; rising highs except in the northwest that will remain unchanged. Loose wind variable.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy sky that will decrease during the afternoon at cloudy intervals. Weak and scattered rainfall in the north is not ruled out in the first half of the day. Minimum temperatures in descent in the north half and maximum in slight ascent. Variable loose wind that will tend to blow south component during the afternoon.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy sky, with more cloudiness in the east, without discarding scattered weak rainfall, more likely in mountain areas. The snow level will be between 1,500 / 2,000 meters. Scattered morning mists and mists. Minimum temperatures in decline. Loose wind variable.
– NAVARRA: cloudy sky that will decrease during the afternoon at cloudy intervals, except at the east end where weak and scattered rainfall is expected. Temperatures in slight ascent, except in the northern half where the minimum will descend and the maximum will rise. Northwest wind that will tend to change direction.
– LA RIOJA: very cloudy sky, without discarding scattered weak rainfall, more likely in the Rioja Alta. Temperatures without major changes. Loose wind from northwest and north directions that will tend to variable.
– ARAGÓN: cloudy sky without ruling out some weak and scattered precipitation in the second half of the day, most likely in the Iberian Turolense. The snow level in the Pyrenees will rise from 1,600 meters to 2,000 meters. There will be morning fog banks in the western valleys of the Iberian Turolense. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum temperatures in the eastern regions. Loose wind from the northwest direction early in the day in the Ebro valley and variable lax in the rest of the region, although during the afternoon it will roll to the south and southeast directions.
– CATALUÑA: overcast sky. Weak rainfall is expected in the eastern half and, starting at noon, on the southern coast and pre-coastal, without discarding them in the rest of the region in an isolated and occasional manner. The snow level will be around 1,800 meters. Maximum temperatures in decline, locally notable, and weak frosts at points in the western Pyrenees. On the coast, moderate wind from north and northeast directions, while in the interior it will blow variable lax, with a predominance of south and east components.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy sky, without discarding some scattered weak precipitation. Mists and morning mists. Temperatures in slight decrease. Loose wind variable, with a predominance of the southern component.
– MADRID: cloudy sky, except in the extreme south where there will be cloudy intervals. No weak and scattered precipitation is discarded in the mountains during the central hours of the day. Minimum temperatures with slight local increases, while the maximum temperatures will descend slightly in the mountains. Loose wind variable.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: cloudy intervals. Probability of weak and scattered showers during the second half of the day, especially in Cuenca at the end of the day. Probability of morning mists and mists in the valleys of the Tagus and Guadiana and areas of La Mancha and Parameras de Molina. Minimum temperatures in light ascent in the west, and maximum temperatures in descent, more marked the more to the southeast, although they can remain without changes in Guadalajara and north of Toledo and Cuenca. Loose wind of south component, but will turn west component in Toledo and west of Ciudad Real during the afternoon.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: intervals of high clouds in the morning, which will tend to cloudy skies. In the north of Castellón, probability of weak and scattered rainfall from the afternoon. Maximum temperatures in decline, locally notable. Variable wind that will tend to be lax of the east component, with moderate intervals of northeast direction on the coastlines.
– MURCIA: sky with intervals of high clouds, which will increase to cloudy in the northwest in the afternoon. Maximum temperatures decreasing in the interior. Wind loose in breeze.
– BALEARES: sky covered with mists and fog banks until the morning. Night temperatures with few changes and daytime in decline. Loose wind from east and southeast directions.
– ANDALUSIA: little cloudy sky in the Mediterranean slope with intervals of high clouds and cloudy in the rest, with mists and probability of morning mists. Minimum temperatures rise in the Guadalquivir valley and maximum temperatures decrease in the interior. Loose wind variable, which will tend in the afternoon to west component in the Atlantic coast, and west in the Strait.
– CANARY ISLANDS: clear sky with intervals of high clouds and some interval of low clouds in the north of the most western islands at the first and last hour of the day. Reduction of visibility due to the presence of calima, more pronounced in the southern slopes. Temperatures in slight rise in interior areas. Wind of northeast direction, less intense and of east component during the central hours of the day; in middle and high areas it will blow east component.