Today heavy rains will occur in areas of Galicia, Central System, Andalusia, Extremadura and Pyrenees, reported yesterday the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
Cloudy skies are expected in most of the Peninsula, with rains and storms that will extend from west to east and that will tend to remit in the afternoon in the western third. On the east coast, Balearic and Melilla will dominate the skies with cloudy intervals, and precipitation will be unlikely.
In the Canary Islands, showers are likely in the central islands, without discarding them dispersed in the rest.
Morning mist will form in the valley of the Ebro.
Temperatures will increase in the Mediterranean area and decrease in the northwest and central west of the Peninsula.
The wind will blow from the south on the Peninsula, and will turn west into the Strait, with a northwest component in central hours on the Cantabrian coast, variable in the Mediterranean and loose in the Canary Islands. In Galicia, Cantabrian and Pyrenees there will be strong intervals.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
– GALICIA: Covered sky at dawn with heavy rain and showers and persistent on the Atlantic coast south of Fisterra, without ruling out that occasionally they may be of a stormy nature. Rainfall will be less intense and frequent in the rest of the Community. In the morning, clearings will be opened from west to east and will tend to remit the rains, and will increase the high cloud cover in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures increasing in the south and in the center, and with few changes in the rest, and decreasing maximums. In the early hours of the morning and at the end of the day, south wind with intervals of strong on the coast around Fisterra, which will soon roll to the western component and decrease loosely in the interior, during the central hours.
– ASTURIAS: sky covered until noon, with rains and showers that will move from west to east and that will be accompanied by a storm. In the afternoon, precipitation will subside and cloudiness will decrease at high cloud intervals. Minimum temperatures increasing in summits of the Cordillera and maximum without changes in high areas and descending in the rest. Loose wind of southern component. On the coast, it will increase and roll west from morning until afternoon. Very strong wind gusts in high areas of the Cordillera during the morning.
– CANTABRIA: covered sky during the central hours with rains, generally weak, and showers that could be accompanied by storms, and high cloud intervals at the beginning and end of the day. Minimum temperatures increasing in the south and maximum decreases in the west coast. South wind that will roll west on the coast at noon. Very strong gusts during the first half of the day in high areas of the south.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: clear sky with intervals of high clouds and some interval of low clouds in Álava, accompanied by scattered morning fogs, which will increase in the morning leaving the sky covered with rain and showers with storms. Minimum temperatures on the rise and maximum without changes. Wind of the south, that will tend in the afternoon temporarily to the west in the coast and will subside at night to east and southeast weak.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy intervals that will increase to a covered sky with generalized weak precipitation, accompanied by a storm, that will move from west to east, and that can occasionally be strong on the southern slopes of the Central and Iberian systems. The rains will subside in the afternoon, and the skies will tend to remain with intervals of high clouds. Minimum temperatures in ascent, more pronounced in the east third, and maximum in slight decrease. Winds from the south to the southwest.
– NAVARRA: cloudy sky with intervals of high clouds, except in the western third, where there will be intervals of low clouds at dawn accompanied by morning mists, which will leave at noon a cloudy sky with rains and stormy squalls, more intense in the north. Minimum temperatures on the rise and maximum on a slight rise, more pronounced in the Pyrenees. Wind from the south and southeast that will decrease to weak at night, with strong gusts in central hours in high areas of the extreme north.
– LA RIOJA: intervals of medium and high clouds, which will leave covered skies throughout the day, with rains and showers with a storm since morning, which may be strong in the Iberian. They will tend to remit at the end of the afternoon, leaving the skies again with intervals of high clouds. Minimum temperatures in slight rise and maximums unchanged. Winds from the south in the mountains, and southeast in the valley.
– ARAGÓN: cloudy intervals that will tend in the afternoon to a covered sky, with morning mists in the Ebro valley. From the afternoon, showers and showers with storms will be more likely and stronger in the northern half. Rising temperatures. Wind of the southwest weak in the Iberian and of component this loose in the rest, with some interval of moderate in the valley of the Ebro.
– CATALONIA: cloudy intervals with fog and banks of morning fog in the interior. Heavy showers are expected in the western third, with occasional thunderstorms. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum in ascent, especially in the eastern half. Loose variable wind that will tend to southern component with moderate intervals in the northern end of the littoral.
– EXTREMADURA: sky covered with generalized rains that can be strong and persistent in the environment of the Central System and the southern mountain ranges mainly. In the afternoon, the skies will tend to be slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds and will send precipitation. Minimum temperatures in slight rise, and maximum in light descent. Winds from the south to the southwest.
– MADRID: sky covered with rain, showers and storms, more probable, intense and frequent in the Sierra and that will tend to remit during the afternoon. Morning mist is not ruled out in high areas of the Sierra. Minimum temperatures on the rise and maximum without changes. Loose winds from the southwest with more intense intervals during the central hours of the day.
– CASTILLA – LA MANCHA: sky covered with rain and showers that will move from west to east and will tend to decrease in the west during the afternoon. Morning mist in mountain areas and in the south of Albacete. Minimum temperatures on the rise and maximum without changes. Loose winds of south and southwest, with more intense intervals during the central hours.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy intervals of medium and high type, more compact in the interior, without discarding weak and scattered rains in the interior in the afternoon. Minimum temperatures without changes and maximum ascents. Variable wind loose with predominance of the southwest on the coast of Alicante.
– MURCIA: cloudy skies, without discarding scattered showers during the afternoon in the interior, which will be more likely and accompanied by storms in the northwest, and which will open clearings at the last hours. Temperatures in ascent, except for minimal changes in the littoral. Winds of loose western component, that will turn in the afternoon to southwest in the coast.
-BALEARIES: cloudy sky with morning mist, which will tend during the morning at intervals of medium and high clouds. Night temperatures in slight descent and diurnal in ascent. Loose winds with predominance of the south and southwest.
– ANDALUCÍA: covered skies, with stormy rains, that will extend from west to east, will be more intense and frequent in the western half, without ruling out that they are strong and persistent, especially at dawn, decreasing the probability and intensity the more east . Minimum temperatures in ascent in the interior and maximum in ascent in the Mediterranean coast and in descent in the region of Aracena. Winds from the west or southwest. In the Strait, lift loose that will turn to the west in the early hours and raging.
– CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy intervals with cloudiness of evolution in central hours of the day, when cloudy skies will predominate in inland areas. Occasional showers in the interior of Tenerife and Gran Canaria in the afternoon, without ruling out weak and scattered rains in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. Temperatures in slight decrease. Variable wind loose with breezes on coasts.