The anticyclonic situation will continue over Spain this Saturday, with a predominance of little cloud or clear sky, except cloudy intervals in the Strait, Balearic Islands, Basque Country and Navarre, and fog in the valleys of the Douro, Tajo and Guadiana, reports the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
In the Canary Islands there will be intervals of high clouds and there will be a probability of morning mists in the Douro Valley and in the valleys of the Tagus and Guadiana, where they could be locally persistent.
In valleys of the interior of Galicia and depressions of the peninsular northeastern fogs and possible calimas in the east of the Canary Islands are not discarded.
The daytime temperatures will increase in the Mediterranean area and in Aragon, while the nighttime temperatures will be significantly lower in both plateaus and in the interior of the northeast of the peninsula.
Frosts will occur in much of the interior of the peninsula, which will be more intense in both plateaus and interior of the peninsular northeast, being able to be strong in the Pyrenees.
The wind will blow east component in the Bay of Biscay, Strait and Canary Islands, northwest in the peninsular northeast and Menorca, and western component in the rest of the Mediterranean area, with intervals of strong in the Ampurdán and Pyrenees; loose in the rest.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
– GALICIA: cloudy or cloudless sky, with intervals of low clouds at dawn in the interior of Lugo, and probable morning mists without ruling out a bank of fog inside. Temperatures in slight increase in the east and without changes in the rest. Frosts in the south of Ourense and, in general weak, in the rest. East wind on the northern coast and loose of variable direction in the rest, predominating from the east in the northwest quadrant.
– ASTURIAS: Cloudy or cloudless skies with intervals of low clouds at dawn on the coast, where morning mists are not ruled out. Minimum temperatures without changes and maximums in slight increase. Frosts, generally weak, in the valleys. East wind on the coast and loose variable direction in the interior, tending to southeast in the afternoon.
– CANTABRIA: little cloudy or clear sky. Temperatures without changes or slight rise. Faint frost on the inside. Slack wind from the east and northeast on the coast and loose variable in the interior.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: little cloudy sky increasing at the end cloudy with low clouds in the northern half. Likely mists on the coast. Temperatures in light to moderate ascent. Weak frosts in practically the entire interior. Slack wind from the east and northeast on the coast and loose variable in the interior.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy or cloudless sky, with fogs and mists in plateau areas near the Duero, especially in the south. Temperatures without changes or slight rise. Generalized frosts on the plateau, locally notable. Northeast wind, loose.
– NAVARRA: little cloudy or clear sky with some interval of high clouds, and low cloud cover at the end of the day in the northwest. Temperatures with slight changes. Generalized, locally moderate weak frosts. Slack wind from the north and northwest, increasing intensity in the morning in the Ribera.
– LA RIOJA: little cloudy or clear sky. Temperatures without changes or slight rise. Generalized weak frosts. West and northwest wind, loose in general.
– ARAGON: predominance of cloudy or cloudless sky with some intervals of high clouds in the north. Night and morning mists in the center and south of Huesca and the eastern part of the Ribera del Ebro, which can be locally frozen in the early hours. Minimum temperatures with few changes and rising highs in the Ebro valley. Generalized frosts. Variable wind weak, tending in the valley of the Ebro to moderate northwest from midday. In high levels of the Pyrenees, moderate north wind with intervals of strong.
– CATALONIA: predominance of cloudy or cloudless sky with some intervals of high clouds. Night and morning mists in the interior that locally may be freezing in the early hours; they will be more extensive in the south of Lleida where they can be locally persistent until noon. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum rise, except in the central depression that will not vary. Generalized frosts in the interior, including the pre-littorals. Moderate northwest wind with intervals of strong in the south of Tarragona, north coast of Girona and high levels of the Pyrenees; loose variable in the rest.
– EXTREMADURA: clear skies, with probable mists and fogs or low morning clouds, in the valleys of the Tagus and the Guadiana. Minimum temperatures in slight descent and maximums unchanged. Generalized weak frosts. Variable loose wind, predominating the northeast.
– MADRID COMMUNITY: cloudy or clear sky without discarding any morning mist in the Tajo valley. Temperatures with slight changes except generalized increases of the maximum in the Sierra. Generalized weak frosts, less pronounced in the Sierra south of Alto del León and more intense in the valleys of the Tagus and Henares. Variable loose wind.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: predominance of cloudless or clear skies, with intervals of low clouds, fogs and the possibility of morning fog banks in the Channel and in the Tajo and Guadiana valleys. Minimum temperatures in descent in the valleys of the Tagus and Guadiana, in increase in the Iberian and with few changes in the rest. Maximum temperatures increasing in mountain areas and with little change in the rest. Generalized frosts, more intense in the eastern half, valleys of the Tagus and Guadiana and in the Mancha. Variable loose wind prevailing the northern component in the eastern half and in the south of Ciudad Real.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: predominance of clear skies with some interval of low clouds at dawn. Minimum temperatures with few local ascents and maximum ascents. Frosts inside, generally weak. Low variable wind, with a predominance of the western component and moderate northwest intervals in the interior of Castellón.
– MURCIA: little cloudy or clear sky. Morning mist in the interior. Minimum temperatures without changes, with frost inside; maximum without changes in the littoral and in ascent in the interior. Variable wind weak, tending to west or northwest in the interior and southwest on the coast.
– BALEARES: cloudy skies tending in the morning to little cloudy or clear. Nocturnal temperatures with few changes and diurnal in ascent. In Menorca, north wind turning northwest; in the rest, generally loose wind tending during the morning to the west.
– ANDALUCÍA: little cloudy or clear sky, except for intervals of low morning clouds in the Strait and mountains of the north of Córdoba, without ruling out fogs. Minimum temperatures in descent in the western third and no changes or slight rise in the rest, with frost in the interior; maximum rise in the eastern interior and with little change in the rest. East component wind, loose in the interior and strong in the Strait, declining to loose in all areas and turning late west component in the eastern Mediterranean coast.
– CANARY ISLANDS: sky with intervals of high clouds, more compact in the afternoon. Low probability of hail in the eastern islands in the afternoon. Temperatures without changes or slight rise. East wind and moderate southeast.