The Ministry of Health of the Government of the Canary Islands values positively the decision of the Superior Court of Justice of the Canary Islands (TSJC) to ratify the extension of the mandatory use of the COVID certificate in the Canary Islands for all sectors that are subject to capacity restrictions or schedules in the islands that are at alert levels 3 and 4.
In this way, the measure, which entered into force on December 25, will remain active for another month, until 24 hours on February 24, period during which it will be subject to monitoring and evaluation, without prejudice to the possibility of requesting a new extension depending on the evolution of the epidemiological situation.
The resolution of the Chamber of the TSJC states that "the current circumstances undoubtedly make the requested extension necessary"by virtue of the report of the General Directorate of Public Health of the Canary Health Service in which the upward evolution is collected, with no sign of remission in the short term of the epidemiological situation in the Canary Islands, since the transmission of COVID- 19 has entered a phase of persistent and progressive transmission, with a very significant penetration of the Omicron variant in recently diagnosed cases.
The objective of this regulation is to establish exceptional measures to control the health situation of people who access certain establishments, facilities or activities considered to be at risk for the transmission of COVID-19, in order to stop its spread.
Sanitary access requirements
Access to establishments, facilities or activities for public use set out in the standard will require proof of absence of active COVID-19 infection for users over 12 years and 3 months. This accreditation will be carried out by showing the negative result of a diagnostic test for active COVID-19 infection, carried out in a legally authorized laboratory with a maximum of 48 hours in advance, self-diagnostic tests not being admissible.
This accreditation may be replaced, at the option of the interested party, either by the voluntary vaccination accreditation, showing an official certificate of having received the complete vaccination schedule in accordance with the provisions of the Vaccination Strategy against COVID-19 in Spain, from 14 days after the date of administration of the last dose of the complete vaccine schedule, or by voluntary proof of having had the disease between 11 and 180 days prior, by displaying an official certificate.
The accreditation will be carried out by displaying any of the planned certificates, in digital or paper format, to the persons designated for access control by the owner or person in charge of the establishment, facility or activity, who will carry out their verification. .
At the entrance of the establishments, facilities or activities, in a visible area, an information poster will be placed for the public on the necessary nature of this documentation for access to it, as well as on the non-conservation of accredited personal health data.
Establishments, facilities or activities for public use for whose access accreditation will be required
The accreditation of the established health requirements will be required for access to the following establishments, facilities or activities for public use, publicly or privately owned:
• Hotel and restaurant establishments open to the public, whose decision to grant an opening license has a capacity of more than 30 people. The canteens (not cafeterias) of educational centers of regulated education are exempt from this measure, with respect to students and teachers
• Establishments and nightlife activities, whose decision to grant an opening license has a capacity of more than 30 people, as well as in those others in which, regardless of their capacity, the consumption of food is allowed.
Establishments and spaces dedicated to recreational and gambling activities, whose decision to grant an opening license has a capacity of more than 30 people, as well as in those others in which, regardless of their capacity, the consumption of food is allowed.
Events and celebrations with a concentration of people and music festivals with the attendance of more than 500 people, as well as those others in which, regardless of their capacity, the consumption of food or drink is allowed.
• Sporting events attended by more than 500 people, as well as those in which, regardless of their capacity, the consumption of food or drink is allowed.
• Public shows attended by more than 500 people, as well as in those others in which, regardless of their capacity, the consumption of food or drink is allowed.
• Cultural activities in cinemas, theaters, auditoriums and the like, whose resolution granting an opening license has a capacity of more than 50 people, as well as in those others in which, regardless of their capacity, the consumption of food or drink.
• Gyms and similar equipment.
• Health establishments and centers for visits to admitted patients, as well as to accompany users to consultations, diagnostic tests, cures or treatment, except in the cases of minors, disabled people, dependents or people whose health circumstances or any other type require them, at the discretion of the health personnel of the center or establishment.
• Residential or daytime social health establishments, for visitors and people outside the institution.
Required in open and closed spaces
The accreditation of the sanitary requirements will be required for access to both the open spaces and the closed spaces of the establishments, facilities or activities indicated.
The establishments and activities in which it will be required are those that offer the greatest risk of contagion, usually related to leisure activities, or those in which there is a special relationship with vulnerable people, as is the case of health or social health establishments.
Voluntary Covid Certificate for the islands at levels 1 and 2
The Ministry of Health recalls that the Order of the Minister of Health, also ratified by the TSJC, which establishes the use of the covid certificate on a voluntary basis in establishments and activities subject to limits, remains in force for the islands that are at levels 1 and 2. capacity and schedules. The implementation of the certificate in the establishments allows them to apply measures of a lower level than that found on the island in question.
COVID SCS Reader App
At the beginning of December, the Ministry of Health made the Lector COVID SCS web app available to the public in order to facilitate the use of the COVID certificate in all establishments and activities that wish to do so. This tool can be accessed on the web www.lectorcovid.com