July 28, 2021

The sale of homes increased by 10.3% in the third quarter of the year – La Provincia

The sale of homes increased by 10.3% in the third quarter of the year - La Provincia


The sale of housing grew a10.3%between the months of July and September after reaching a total of131,455 transactions, in what is the third best quarter since 2007, when 186,504 units were sold, according to the statistics on real estate transactions of the Ministry of Public Works.

In the third quarter, housing transactionsthey grew in all the autonomous communitiesbetween the last months of July and September, except in the Balearic and Canary Islands, where they registered decreases of 10.8% and 5.2%, respectively.

Navarre, Murcia, La Rioja, Andalusia and Castilla-La Mancha are the regions where the purchase and sale of flats increased the most, with increases of 32.6%, 27.4%, 27.3% and of 20.5% in the last two regions.

By municipalities, in the third quarter there was a greater number of purchases inMadrid(9.160), Barcelona (3.612), Valencia (2.498), Seville (2.253), Malaga (1.713), Zaragoza (1.696), Alicante (1.617) and Palma de Mallorca (1.187).

In addition, with regard to the protection regime, free housing transactions amounted to 126,477 in this period, which represents a96.2% of the total. On the other hand, the transactions of protected housing came to represent 3.8% of the total, after adding 4,978 units.

In the third quarter of the year, the sale of second-hand flats accounted for 90.2% of the market, since it added 118,595 units, while that of new flats accounted for the remaining 9.8%, with 12,860 units.

The sales of foreigners represent 16%

Taking into account the nationality of the buyer, the statistics of the Ministry indicate that transactions made by foreigners residing in Spain have experienced year-on-year growthtwenty-ninth consecutive quarter.

Specifically, in the third quarter they grew by 3.4% compared to the same period of 2017, with a total of 20,401 purchases and sales.

As a whole, purchases made by foreigners represented between July and September a total of21,015units, 16% of the total. In addition, by provinces, the largest number of purchases made by foreign residents were in Alicante (4,608), Malaga (2,0402), Barcelona (1,605) and Madrid (1,566).

In the last twelve months real estate transactions of homes made before a notary amounted to a total of572,849, which represents an increase of 11.4% compared to the previous twelve months.

In the accumulated index of the last twelve months (October 2017-September 2018 vs. October 2016-September 2017), all the autonomous communities, except the Balearic Islands, witha fall of 2.2%, have registered positive behavior.

.



Source link