1. The independence crisis prevented the creation of 30,000 jobs in Catalonia, according to BBVA. The events of the last quarter of 2017 in Catalonia, such as the political institutional crisis or the terrorist attacks, were responsible for the stop creating 30,000 additional jobs, according to the estimates of BBVA Research, which on Tuesday presented its latest report «Situation Catalonia».
2. Fridman continues his purge in Dia and casts two members of the Steering Committee from the distributor. According to sources consulted by ABC, the distributor has released the latest changes with the departure of the now executive director of New Businesses Dia España, Diego Cavestany and the executive purchasing director of Grupo Dia Juan Cubillo, both members of the Management Committee. More developments are foreseen in the future. Miguel Bello, director of Group Operations, also leaves the company.
3. Pablo Isla, of Inditex, chosen as the best CEO in the world, according to Harvard. The CEO of Inditex, Pablo Isla, has been selected as the best CEO by the "Harvard Business Review", which has published its annual ranking of the 100 best CEOs on Tuesday with the Spanish in head for the second consecutive year, as reported by the prestigious university in a statement.
4. The trade deficit climbs 27.35% in the first eight months of the year to 20,890 million. The negative balance of the trade balance has increased by 27.3% in the first eight months of the year, compared to the same period of 2017, and it stood at 20,890 million euros, according to the data published today by the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism.
5. Ryanair offers one million flights for 10 euros for 24 hours after the fall in profits. The airline Ryanair has launched a new offer, with one million seats for 9.99 euros to travel throughout its European network between November 2018 and March 2019, after the recent strikes carried out by cabin crew (TCP) and pilots in countries such as Italy, Portugal, Spain, Holland, Belgium and Germany.