1. The electricity bill went up in 2018 more than salaries, pensions and the CPI. The electricity bill for domestic consumers increased by 2.5% last year, well above wages (1.75%), pensions (1.7%) and inflation (1.2%). %). Although the average price of electricity in the wholesale market rose by 9.7% compared to 2017, to 57.28 euros the megawatt hour (MWh) -the most expensive since 2008-, its impact on the energy component of the regulated tariff or pvpc was 5.5%, as explained by the general director of operation of REE, Miguel Duvison.
2. Brussels cuts its growth forecast for Spain one tenth to 2.1% this year and 1.9% in 2020. The European Commission (EC) has lowered its growth forecast by one tenth for Spain in both 2019 and 2020, up to 2.1% and 1.9%, respectively, and warned of risks linked to greater internal and external uncertainty.
3. Renfe continues to boost the AVE: it launches for the first time a "2×1" promotion. Renfe has launched for the first time a "2×1" commercial promotion on AVE and Long Distance tickets, for which he will give a second free ticket for each one that is bought to travel between the next 14th and 18th of February, the Valentine's weekend, as long as they are round-trip.
4. The European Commission claims Spain a "credible" fiscal policy. New call for attention to Spain. The Vice-President of the European Commission and Commissioner for Employment Promotion, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness, Jyrki Katainen, today asked the Government to keep a "sound and credible" fiscal policy at the time It has warned that, although the increase in the minimum wage is a lever to reduce the inequality that arose during the years of the crisis, it can also lead to a "slowdown in employment".
5. Mapfre earns 529 million euros, 24.5% less after heal and the depreciation of currencies. Mapfre's income statements are still conditioned by the negative impact of the devaluation of the currencies of some countries in which it operates and extraordinary costs. The insurer chaired by Antonio Huertas last year generated an operating result of 702 million euros, online (+ 0.3%) with net profits for 2017.