May 16, 2021

The price of electricity rises 24% in January compared to the same month of 2018

The price of electricity rises 24% in January compared to the same month of 2018


MadridUpdated:

The average price of electricity in the wholesale market It has again recorded a strong rise in January: 61.99 euros per megawatt hour (MWh). It is 24% more than that registered in the same month of the previous year (49.98 euros).

Although the price in January is practically the same as last December (61.80), It is the third highest since 2009, according to OMIE. And already accumulates seven consecutive months above 60 euros. It should be noted that the average price of last year was 57.28 euros.

The rains and winds that have increased power generation with hydro and wind power in recent weeks have not offset the high price of CO2 coupled to combined cycle gas plants. And you have to remember that gas is the last energy that enters the wholesale market because it is the most expensive and, in addition, it marks the price to the rest.

This increase in the average price of the wholesale market will only affect approximately 45% of the electricity bill, since the remaining 55% are taxes.

.



Source link