The PP raises in its electoral program the establishment of a exemption in the payment of personal income tax to those workers who, having reached the legal age of retirement, continue working without receiving a pension. The idea of the party led by Pablo Casado is to favor active aging and the voluntary prolongation of working life beyond the ordinary retirement age, reviewing the incentives to encourage the permanence of workers and expanding the compatibility between pension and work, and be employed by others or on your own account. In particular, it advocates establishing an exemption, with a limit on the income on which it may be applied, in the payment of personal income tax when the professional activity continues without collecting the retirement pension, according to Ep. In addition, it has included in its electoral program the extension to the habitual residence and the savings plans of the fiscal benefits currently enjoyed by the pension plans.
The Married program also includes other important measures.
– Pensions. The PP also assumes the commitment to guarantee the purchasing power of pensions, revalue them according to the CPI and other indicators – without specifying – that guarantee "the simultaneous fulfillment of the principles of maintenance of purchasing power and sustainability". After pointing out that pensions are a State policy that must be configured from the social dialogue and the Toledo Pact, the popular ones propose eliminate the deficit of the Social Security deepening in the separation of sources of financing and through the creation of employment.
– Calculation of pension. The PP is committed to citizens know "at all times" the amount of the pension with which they will count on the date of their retirement; to approximate the period of calculation to all working life in a progressive way; to promote in the social dialogue the complementary pillars of the system (business plans and voluntary pension plans), and to reduce the gender gap in pensions by extending the maternity supplement to all mothers and increasing it to those who already enjoy it.
– "Austrian backpack": Casado's party is committed to deepen the advances in flexibility achieved with the 2012 labor reform, especially in collective bargaining, and gradually establish a system of individual capitalization accounts in the style of the so-called "Austrian backpack". These accounts or capitalization fund will be maintained throughout the working life and may be rescued by the worker in cases of unfair dismissal, geographical mobility, need for training or at the time of retirement.
– Temporary hiring. The PP also advocates establishing new mechanisms that penalize unjustified temporary hiring toughening the penalty to companies that make temporary contracts without cause, and limiting the chaining of contracts and the use of fixed-term contracts through collective bargaining. It also proposes to improve the regulation of the current contract for training and learning and to promote the insertion of women in the labor market through new incentives.
– Rental. In this matter, it promises incentivize the tax deduction to the lessors for the income derived from the rental income of the dwellings that they serve as habitual residence, especially when the tenants are young or over 65 with low income. Likewise, it will favor the development of lease insurance that they cover the non-payment of the rents and the damages that the tenant may cause, in order to facilitate the renting of the young people, while it will implement arbitration systems to solve in a "fast and inexpensive" way rental conflicts.
– Town planning. It also raises the flexibility of urban regeneration operations, to facilitate adjustments of buildability and land use with greater "environmental sustainability and energy efficiency", and will promote the policy of building rehabilitation in urban centers.
– Social rental. In turn, it will boost the supply of new construction housing for affordable rent, destined primarily to families with children, favoring public-private cooperation formulas that maintain public ownership of the land; they will replace the license with the responsible declaration for the different urbanists and will continue promoting the conversion in smart cities of the towns of more than 50,000 inhabitants, the Balearic and Canary Islands.