July 29, 2021

The operators will have to bring quality Internet to six million rural inhabitants before 2020 | Economy

The operators will have to bring quality Internet to six million rural inhabitants before 2020 | Economy



The extension of the Internet and, in general, equipment in telecommunications is a subject that lends itself to electoralism, so all governments to a greater or lesser extent have made broadband banner for all. In addition to the 800 plan, in which there is no State funding, the plan called 300×100 is underway, which aims to give a plan to boost the Internet in areas where there is currently no high-speed connection. The plan was presented to hype and cymbal in Teruel last March by the then Prime Minister, Mariano Rajoy. Its objective is to extend broadband, with an investment of 525 million euros, to all municipalities until 2021, which is 95% of the Spanish population. The remaining 5% is the population that lives in isolated houses and remote areas of nuclei.

With this statement it would overlap with plan 800 but, unlike this, the installation is intended to be essentially fiber, to achieve high-speed Internet, more than 100 Mbps, instead of 30 Mbps of the performance of the operators.

The Rajoy plan which, in fact, is an extension of a previous plan called the National Program of Extension of Broadband of New Generation (PEBA-NGA), does have public support. In 2018, the concession of 203 grants for 130 million euros has been favorably estimated, which, added to the contributions of the beneficiary operators, will imply a total investment of 202.12 million euros.

.



Source link