The number of divorces fell 2.8% last year - La Provincia


He number of divorce cases It has fallen by 2.8% in the last year, to 95,254, according to the 'Statistics of Nullities, Separations and Divorces (ENSD)' corresponding to the year 2018 and published this September 30 by the National Institute of Statistics (INE).

In total, during 2018 there were 99,444 cases of nullity, separation and divorce, which meant a rate of 2.1 per 1,000 inhabitants. The total cases represented a decrease of 2.8% compared to the previous year.

By type of process, they occurred 95,254 divorces, 4,098 separations and 92 annulments. Divorces accounted for 95.8% of the total, separations 4.1% and annulments the remaining 0.1%. Thus, the number of divorces decreased 2.8% compared to the previous year, that of separations 4.3% and that of annulments 8.0%. By type of resolution, 63,915 cases were resolved by sentence and 35,529 by decree or public deed.

77.7% of divorces in 2018 were by mutual agreement and the remaining 22.3% were contentious. In the case of separations, 85.1% were by mutual agreement and 14.9% were contentious.

In addition, in 2018 there were 1,141 divorces between people of the same sex (1.2% of the total). Of these, 595 were among men and 546 among women. In addition, there were 11 separations (0.3% of the total).

43.1% of the marriages corresponding to separation or divorce resolutions they had no children (minors or older economically dependent). This percentage was similar to the previous year, according to the INE. 45.1% had only minor children, 5.1% only economically dependent children and 6.7% economically dependent children and elderly children. 25.4% had only one child (economically dependent minor or elder).

In 57.3% of divorce cases and separation of spouses of different sex, an alimony was assigned (57.0% in the previous year). In 68.0% the payment of alimony corresponded to the father (71.0% in 2017), 4.4% to the mother (4.5% in the previous year) and 27.6% to both spouses (24.5% in 2017). On the other hand, in divorces and separations between same-sex spouses, an alimony was assigned in 24.5% of the cases.

The custody of minor children It was granted in 52.1% of divorce and separation cases between different sex spouses. In 61.6% it was granted to the mother (65.0% in the previous year), in 4.2% it was obtained by the father (4.4% in 2017), in 33.8% it was shared (30.2% in 2017) and in 0.4% it was granted to other institutions or relatives.

In cases of divorce and separation of same-sex spouses, custody measures of minor children were adopted in 23.9% of divorces and separations. Of these, in 47.5% custody was obtained by one of the two spouses and in 52.5% it was shared.

(tagsToTranslate) number (t) divorces (t) last (t) key (t) Society (t) news (t) news (t) news of today (t) the province (t) daily of the palms (t) canarias (t) daily las palmas (t) daily.



Source link