At a spin thrown or in long runs, the Mercedes They have no one to cough them Silverstone. The silver cars, with Vallteri Bottas in front of Lewis Hamilton, they dominated the first free practice of GP of Great Britain. The two pilots of the Anglo-German team are the candidates for pole of this Saturday and victory on Sunday.
Bottas led solidly in front of Hamilton; only Gasly robbed them of prominence in the morning
Although Pierre Gasly (Net
Bull) surprised them at the end of the morning trial by taking the best time of the session, the Mercedes they set the pace in the pace of the two workouts. In the afternoon, the most real in the face of the race, Bottas He excelled in 69 thousandths to his English companion, and left the Ferrari to 2 tenths, the Charles Leclerc, and more than 4, the Sebastian Vettel.
After the success of Red Bull in Paul Ricard with Max Verstappen and the good performance of Ferrari, it was expected that when the World F-1 came to Silverstone the forces were balanced. But at the moment of truth, it was the Mercedes who returned to command.
The Ferrari, with Leclerc with more push than Vettel, they were 2-4 tenths of the Mercedes One lap, with soft rubber bands, but the distance is greater in race pace. A fact that makes predict silver dominance in the race on Sunday.
Between the Red Bull the McLaren, who are being one of the most fit teams of the moment. Lando Norris signed the sixth fastest time of the day, 8 tenths of Bottas, and Carlos Sainz the eighth, to 1.2s of the Finn.
Timetable. Free 2
1. Valterri Bottas (FIN / Mercedes) 1: 26.732
2. Lewis Hamilton (GB / Mercedes) 1: 26.801
3. Charles Leclerc (MON / Ferrari) 1: 26.929
4. Sebastian Vettel (ALE / Ferrari) 1: 27.180
5. Pierre Gasly (FRA / Red Bull) 1: 27.249
6. Lando Norris (GB / McLaren) 1: 27.546
7. Max Verstappen (HOL / Red Bull) 1: 27.562
8. Carlos Sainz (ESP / McLaren) 1: 27.987
9. Alexander Albon (THA / Toro Rosso) 1: 27,997
10. Sergio Pérez (MEX / Racing Point) 1: 28.002
11. Daniil Kvyat (RUS / Toro Rosso) 1: 28.008
12. Kevin Magnussen (DIN / Haas) 1: 28.059
13. Kimi Räikkönen (FIN / Alfa Romeo) 1: 28,126
14. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS / Renault) 1: 28.128
15. Nico Hülkenberg (ALE / Renault) 1: 28.217
16. Lance Stroll (CAN / Racing Point) 1: 28.240
17. Antonio Giovinazzi (ITA / Alfa Romeo) 1: 28.294
18. Romain Grosjean (FRA / Haas) 1: 28,794
19. Robert Kubica (POL / Williams) 1: 29.935
20. George Russell (GB / Williams) 1: 30,514
Timetable. Free 1
one. Pierre Gasly (FRA / Red Bull) 1: 27.173
2. Valterri Bottas (FIN / Mercedes) to 0.456
3. Max Verstappen (HOL / Red Bull) to 0.836
4. Lewis Hamilton (GBR / Mercedes) at 0.949
5. Charles Leclerc (MON / Ferrari) to 1.080
6. Sebastian Vettel (ALE / Ferrari) to 1,131
7. Nico Hülkenberg (ALE / Renault) at 1,630
8. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS / Renault) to 1,858
9. Alexander Albon (THA / Toro Rosso) to 1,920
10. Carlos Sainz (ESP / McLaren) to 1989