March 1, 2021

The Masters in Marine Cultures of the ULPGC is paid to excellence – The Province

The Masters in Marine Cultures of the ULPGC is paid to excellence - The Province


The University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ULPGC) inaugurated yesterday, in Taliarte Marine Science Park, in Telde, headquarters of the IU-Ecoaqua, the tenth edition of his Master in 'Marine Crops'.

This master's degree, which this 2018 has enrolled 20 students, Consists of two parts and is jointly organized by the ULPGC, through its Faculty of Marine Sciences, and for him International Center for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies (Ciheam), through the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Zaragoza (IAMZ).

The inaugural session was chaired by José Pablo Suárez, vice-rector of Research, Innovation and Transfer of the ULPGC, Javier Sierra, director of the IAMZ, Carmen María Hernández, director of the current edition of the Master in Marine Cultures, Jesús León Lima, vice-president of the Council Social of the ULPGC, María Esther Torres, dean of the Faculty of Marine Sciences of the ULPGC, and Miguel Hidalgo, counselor of the Primary Sector and Food Sovereignty of the Cabildo de Gran Canaria.

One of the students of the master has received a grant from the Carolina Foundation, which sponsors Latin American students, being the only representative at the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to have this help. The FC is the Spanish reference institution for academic mobility and international scholarships, and for this position the ULPGC, through IU-Ecoaqua, received more than 400 applications, finally being awarded to a Colombian university specializing in Bacteriology, for its outstanding curriculum .

For Carmen María Hernández, the importance of this master's degree, which is divided into two parts, is that it offers the student the possibility to choose between different professional areas within aquaculture (research, farm management, or develop specialized work in different departments of pharmacological companies, feed companies, aquariums, etc.). Of the nationals, he points out, this program is the only one that is taught over two years, going deeper into more fields, and its international recognition is proven, in that its former students are spread over different research centers around the world. world or working in international aquaculture companies currently.

The first part of these postgraduate studies, a specialization course, constitutes the lective part of the program and runs until June 2019, while the second part, the completion of the master's thesis (final degree work), is a initiation to the applied research to the Aquaculture and it will be developed from June 2019 to June 2020, for its later public defense.

In relation to the students enrolled in this new edition, 75% is of Spanish nationality (of Valencian, Andalusian, Canarian and Extremaduran origin), and the remaining 25% comes from abroad (Colombia, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco). These students have accessed the master's program from different degrees (Marine Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Sciences or Veterinary).

.



Source link