The judge frees the minors from the sexual assault of Santa Coloma | Society

The judge frees the minors from the sexual assault of Santa Coloma | Society

Concentration against violence in Santa Coloma.

A juvenile judge in Barcelona has released the two children who allegedly participated in the sexual assault that occurred early Sunday morning at a metro station in Santa Coloma de Gramenet, as explained to EL PAÍS sources Of the investigation. The prosecution had requested the admission of the two Maghrebi teenagers in a juvenile justice center, but the petition was rejected by the judge. The two teenagers were put on Monday night at the disposal of the Generalitat.

The two minors allegedly participated in the harassment of a girl along with five other adults of Moroccan origin. The latter are declaring this Tuesday before the judge of Santa Coloma. In the Plaza del Ayuntamiento a concentration of rejection of sexual assault was held at noon. There have been some moments of tension when three militants of the xenophobic Platform for Catalonia (PxC) have broken into the square.

After being released on Monday afternoon, the children were immediately placed at the disposal of the Directorate General for Children and Adolescents (DGAIA) of the Generalitat. On Monday, after the event of Santa Coloma became public, the Catalan government assured that neither of the two boys had the condition of guardianship and, therefore, were outside the control of the public administration.

The Generalitat asked not to "stigmatize" the group of unaccompanied foreign minors (mena), to which the Mossos and the prosecutor's office partially attribute the rise of crimes against heritage in the city of Barcelona.

Sources of the investigation detail that the episode that occurred in Can Peixauet has all the elements of a sexual assault, since the girl was violently assaulted by a group of young people who surrounded her in the elevator and made her there several touching. Later, the boys chased her through the station until she tried to break free and threatened to notify the police. The event culminated in the street with the stabbing of the boyfriend of the girl, who had come to help him. The young man suffered a wound 18 centimeters deep in the side and had to undergo surgery in the hospital, although he did not fear for his life and it evolves favorably.


Source link