1. The high public debt leaves Spain without a lifeguard in the face of the next crisis. The Public indebtedness is currently at historically high levels, already accounts for 97.5% of GDP, after having cushioned the plummeting collapse of collection, increased spending on unemployment benefits and several bank bailouts that left a million dollar bill.
2. The Entrepreneurs Circle and the IEE believe that the hole in the accounts is 10 billion more than the Government says. The Circle of Entrepreneurs and the Institute of Economic Studies (IEE) have been the last institutions They have shown their doubts about the revenue forecasts and have announced this morning that the deficit will close at 2.2% of GDP compared to the 1.3% expected, that is, more than 10 billion euros of additional hole.
3. De Guindos calls for "speed" to BBVA in its investigation of former commissioner Villarejo. «The ECB expects the conclusions »of the internal investigation which is carrying out the BBVA. «We will see the results». "The most interested in the conclusion are the managers of the entity," said the vice president of the ECB.
4. The passengers of airplane increase 10% in 2018, whereas those of the AVE increase 3.8%. The number of passengers on domestic flights increased by 10% in 2018 with respect to 2017, while AVE users increased by 3.8%, according to data released Monday by the National Institute of Statistics (INE). Only last December, users of internal flights increased by 7.3% in relation to the same month of 2017, while trips in AVE grew by 2.9%.
5. The prices in origin of extra virgin olive oil in Spain are 58% lower than in Italy. The prices at source of extra virgin olive oil in Spain have been located during the first week of February 58% below those registered in Italy, as reported by the agricultural organization COAG on Monday.