March 7, 2021

The governor of Puerto Rico asks for calm before the coronavirus



The governor of Puerto Rico, Wanda Vázquez, called for calm to the people of the island in relation to the coronavirus COVID-19, said that the protocols are being followed and indicated that this Saturday will announce the action plan that will follow the Government to deal with the disease.

Speaking to the media after participating in a conference on women and business, held in San Juan, he said: “I want you to have the peace of mind that all the protocols of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, of United States) and the federal government. “

In turn, he explained that Saturday will offer details about the action plan.

“We are going to present all the measures that have been taken and all the comments. The most important thing is that people stay with the official information,” he said.

In addition, he said that the Executive “is very prepared and very pending” given the possibility that there could be a case in Puerto Rico.

About twenty federal and local agencies met again this Thursday to strengthen plans to address any confirmed case of coronavirus in Puerto Rico.

Representatives of federal agencies of the Coast Guard, the Office of Customs and Border Protection, Immigration and Customs Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of National Security, Administration of Transportation Security and Transportation participated in the meeting. Veterans Administration.

On behalf of the local Government, members of the Department of Public Safety, Police, Emergency Medical Corps, Department of Justice, Department of Health and its Biosafety component and the Department of Natural and Environmental Resources participated.

Representatives of the Administration of Mental Health and Anti-Addiction Services, Department of Education, Department of Housing, Port Authority, National Guard of Puerto Rico, Tourism Company and the Department of Correction and Rehabilitation also attended.

“The preparation of Puerto Rico for this novel disease, which has been reported in different countries, is vital for us to effectively address any case of infection in our area,” said the Emergency Management and Administration Commissioner yesterday of Disasters (NMEAD), José R. Burgos.

The disease so far has left at least 82,294 confirmed cases in the world, of them 78,630 in China, with 2,747 dead in the Asian giant and 57 out of this country, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

.



Source link