The Government sees an "interested leak" and a "probe balloon" from Moncloa the information appeared on Monday about a possible call for general elections for next April 14. This has been said by the spokesperson of the Catalan executive, Elsa Artadi, who has asked Pedro Sánchez that, if you want to process the budgets, use the usual "communication channels" to address the independence parties and resume a dialogue that, in your opinion, broke the central executive last week.
Artadi has expressed himself in these terms in the press conference after the meeting of the Executiu Council, which has decided to advance one day on the occasion of the trial of the leaders of the you procés that starts tomorrow in Madrid. The spokeswoman has insisted that it is the government that "stopped short" the dialogue process last Thursday "by a demonstration of the right" and by "internal" pressure within the PSOE. In contrast, he has maintained that the Government has not left the dialogue table and is still willing to speak. "If there is a will and they have any interest, they already know where we are", said Artadi.
That there is a rumor about elections is something that only the President of the Government can control and he will do it based on his electoral interests and not on whether or not there are budgets "
Asked if the government feels pressured by the possible electoral advance, Artadi has said that they only feel pressured by "what the Catalans ask us". "That there is a rumor about elections is something that only the President of the Government can control and he will do it based on his electoral interests and not on whether or not there are budgets," the councilor said.
Artadi, who has confirmed that there are no contacts between the two governments since Friday at two noon - when Vice President Carmen Calvo announced that the dialogue with the Generalitat was breaking - has insisted on accusing the Government of breaking the negotiation. "And we were only negotiating on how to negotiate," he emphasized. Therefore, he added that, if the government wants to approve budgets, "what you should do is to take up the situation where they left it on Wednesday night." "It's so easy to take the last documents and do the tasks that we set ourselves. We will always be seated, "he concluded.
The spokesperson has confirmed that President Torra and Consellers Ester Capella and Damià Calvet will attend the first day of the trial representing the Generalitat. Capella has expressed his desire that the trial be "fair", that "the principles of a criminal law of a democratic state and of law be applied" and that "people respond to the facts committed and not for things that have not happened. " To journalists' questions, both Artadi and Capella have said that they do not know that a greeting will take place between Torra and the president of the Supreme Court and the General Council of the Judiciary, Carlos Lesmes.