The Dallas Opera has canceled a Placido Domingo event in 2020 following the new accusations of sexual harassment against the Spanish tenor.
The Opera said the charity gala was scheduled for March 11. A gala in which Domingo would be the star, but that has had to do without him "for the development of accusations" against the tenor.
Eleven women made public this Thursday that they had suffered sexual abuse of Placido Domingo, who denied the accusations. This is the second wave of accusations against the Spanish. In the previous case, last August, there had been nine, eight singers and a dancer, which denounced the tenor. Domingo's spokeswoman, Nancy Seltzer said these new accusations "are plagued with inconsistencies and are incorrect in many ways." But there are already a total of twenty women who denounce him.
The only one that was released in the first case was the extant Patricia Wulf, while in the new complaints, Angela Turner Wilson and Melinda McLain They have revealed their identity. Therefore, the Dallas Opera, with a special meaning for Placido Domingo, is the third to cancel the tenor, after the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra and the San Francisco Opera.
. (tagsToTranslate) larazon.es