The future law of climate change prepared by the Government establishes an ambitious action plan with two temporary references, in 2030 and 2050. A 100% renewable electric system, the total elimination of polluting cars in 30 years, the prohibition of fracking or decarbonization .
These would be the 10 key points of the law prepared by the Ministry for Ecological Transition:
one. The creation of a 100% renewable electric system in 2050
two. At least the 20 percent of the General State Budgets should have a positive impact in the fight against climate change.
3. Prohibit the sale of vehicles that emit carbon dioxide (CO2) beyond 2040 and its circulation in 2050.
Four. The prohibition of fracking beyond 2040 and the end of economic subsidies to fossil fuels.
5. In 2050 the greenhouse gas emissions should be reduced by 90 percent with respect to 1990 levels.
6. The municipalities of more than 50,000 inhabitants they must have low emission areas no later than 2023.
7 Set the obligation to install electrical recoupment points at service stations.
8. The renovation of buildings will be encouraged to achieve a high level of efficient and decarbonized buildings in 2050.
9. Will study the establishment of the Eurovignette, on the application of levies to heavy goods vehicles for the use of certain roads.
10 The Bank of Spain will elaborate will evaluate every two years the risk to the Spanish financial system of climate change and the policies to combat it.