The official and generalized period of sales began last Monday in a campaign in which the trade expects to increase its sales between 3 and 5% and in which less aggressive discounts are expected than in other occasions. To avoid deception and promote its use, we break down the different tips to take into account:
1. Make lists to stop compulsive purchases. The OCU consumer association indicates that it is important to make a list to buy what is needed and avoid consuming compulsively. Establishing a closed budget also helps not to overspend and to better distribute the money allocated for those purchases.
2. Know the regulations. The products must have been part of the usual offer of the establishment for at least one month and their quality can not be different from that they had before being reduced, as established by the Retail Trade Law. In addition, to be considered a period as rebates, discounts must be applied, at least, to 50% of the items that merchants have for sale and be clearly separated and identified from those that do not have discounts.
3. Beware of the prices. The old price with which the discount is compared must be the lowest of the last month. Some businesses cheat and raise prices to download them later, as they found in the Idealo comparator last summer. Therefore, we must check that the original price is clearly indicated next to the discount percentage.
4. Take into account the slots. When there are many people in stores, they tend to buy more impulsively. Choosing good shopping hours can help us look at the whole range of products well and think well, says Neus Soler, professor of Economics and Business Studies at the UOC.
5. Same guarantees. From the OCU they emphasize that the after-sales service and the application of the guarantees are the same during the sales that in the rest of the year. The regulation indicates that the products on sale also have a guarantee of two years. Compliance with the guarantee is required of the establishment that sold the item, unless it is impossible to contact it, in which case it would have to be requested from the brand itself, point out in reclamador.es.
6. No defects or defects. Those items discounted due to defects are not considered a sale in the period of sales, warn the experts of reclamador.es. Therefore, the products for sale on sale must be in perfect condition and meet the quality standards set.
7. Conditions for returns and means of payment. In some shops, special conditions are established for purchases during the sales period and this is legal. However, the conditions must be in a visible place for the consumer, otherwise they will not be applicable.
8. Right of withdrawal for online purchases. In the case of a remote purchase, for example through the Internet, the consumer has the right to withdrawal at any time of the year, also in sales. This is, the equivalent to the return of the item in a physical store, they point out in the reclamador.es experts. Therefore, the user may return your purchase within a maximum period of 14 calendar days from receipt; and the seller will have the obligation to return the money paid.
9. Save the purchase ticket. Proof of payment is our purchase guarantee to claim to request a change, a refund or a refund. In addition, if the item is defective, the merchant is obliged to change it, as Soler recalls.
10. Find chollyou. Although this campaign will not be able to find as many bargains as in the previous ones, it is convenient to compare product prices among the main internet platforms. To find the best prices it is also convenient to enter the websites and social networks of the brands to see their communications and choose which products interest us before making the purchase in a physical establishment.