Director Robert Zemekis had not achieved significant success after the third installment of Return to the future. His fate, however, changed in September 1994, when he arrived in theaters in the United States Forrest Gump, the movie that tells the thrilling life of a young man with mental problems, who swept the Oscar gala of that year and that today it has become an icon of culture and cinema worldwide.
These are 10 of the most remembered phrases of the film that, for 25 years, are part of the lexicon and collective imagination of moviegoers in the world.
1. Mom says that life is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you are going to touch.
2. I may not be very smart, but I do know what love is.
3. Mom said you can know a lot about people because of the shoes she wears. Where they go, where they were.
4. Of course we are all different, Forrest. If God had wanted us to be equal, He would have put all devices on our legs.
5. Actually, although I was always running, I never thought that would take me anywhere.
6. Someone said that the peace of the world was in my hands, but I only played table tennis.
7. I don't know if Mom was right or if Lieutenant Dan is right. I don't know if we all have a destination, or if we are floating casually like in a breeze. But I think it can be both, maybe both are happening at the same time.
8. I don't know much about almost nothing.
9. My mother said you have to leave the past behind before moving on.
10. Run, Forrest! Run!