The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for today, Thursday, a decrease in temperatures in the northern peninsular half and a drop in the snow level to 800 / 1,200 meters in the north and peninsular center.
Temperatures will drop in the northern peninsular half and will remain with few changes in the rest. Frosts are expected in mountain areas, more intense in the Pyrenees.
At the beginning of the day, the snow level will be between 1,400 / 1,800 meters at the northern tip of the peninsula and between 1,800 / 2,000 meters in the center, and will drop throughout the day in all areas to 800 / 1,200 meters and 1,700 / 2,000 meters in the south.
The sky will be cloudy with precipitation, which may be accompanied by storms in the northern peninsula and be locally strong or persistent on the Galician and Cantabrian coast.
Rainfall with less intensity will especially affect the northern and central peninsular mountain areas. They will remit on the Atlantic slope and will extend during the afternoon to the northeast corner of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands, where they can also be locally strong, with some storm.
In the Canary Islands, cloudy skies are expected with precipitation in the north of the islands of more relief and cloudy intervals in the rest.
The wind will blow from the west component in the peninsula and the Balearic Islands, with strong intervals in the Cantabrian, Galician and Alboran coastlines, as well as in mountain areas. In the Canary Islands, the wind will be moderate to strong and northeast.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: very cloudy sky with persistent and locally strong rainfall in the extreme north, which may be accompanied by storms. The snow level will be around 1,000 / 1,200 meters in the east, down during the second half of the day to 800 / 1,000 meters. Temperatures will drop, especially the lows in the southeast third and the highs in the northern half. There will be weak frosts in the most prominent areas of the Orense and Lugo mountains. Wind from west and northwest directions, which will be loose in the southeast half of the region.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy sky with rainfall that may be accompanied by persistent and locally strong storms on the western coast, and less likely in the eastern half of the region from noon. The snow level will drop around 1,000 / 1,200 meters and up to 800 / 1,000 meters during the afternoon. Temperatures will drop, especially the maximum. Weak frosts are expected in the most prominent areas of the mountain range and the Picos. Strong wind of west component in the coast, while in the interior it will blow loose from west and southwest directions, with intervals of greater intensity from noon, with very strong gusts in the east half of the Principality.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy sky with precipitation on the coastal strip that can be locally persistent. In the rest of the region, the sky will be cloudy with rains and irregular showers. The snow level will drop from 1,000 / 1,200 meters at the beginning of the day to 800 / 1,000 meters. Starting in the afternoon, rainfall will subside gradually. Lower temperatures with weak frosts in Alto Campo and in the high areas of Liébana. Strong wind of west component with very strong gusts on the coast, while in the interior it will blow loose from west and northwest directions, with some very strong gust in the high levels of Liébana.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: sky covered with rains and showers, which will be locally persistent in the coastal strip and will gradually remit at the end of the day. Precipitation can be in the form of snow above 1,000 / 1,200 meters. Slight drop in maximum temperatures. West component wind, which will blow strong with very strong gusts on the coast and will slow down at the end of the day inside.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy sky, with early morning precipitation in the east, south and north end, which will be weak in the rest of the autonomous community, which will remit throughout the region during the day, except in the mountain areas. The snow level in the north will reach 1,600 meters and drop to 900 meters; in the east and south of 1,900 meters it will go down to 1,000 / 1,200 meters. The maximum temperatures will drop slightly and the minimum temperatures will occur at the end of the day with weak frosts in the mountain areas. West component wind, with strong gusts in high areas.
– NAVARRA: sky covered with rainfall during the early morning that will gradually cease throughout the day, except in the northern third, with the probability that they are locally persistent in the Cantabrian slope and the Pyrenees. The snow level will be over 1,200 / 1,400 meters at the beginning of the day and will go down to 900 / 1,000 meters at the end of the day. Slight drop in maximum temperatures. Probability of weak frosts in the Pyrenees and in the mountains of Aralar and Urbasa. Loose wind from northwest and west directions, which will increase in the northwest of the regional community.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy sky, with early morning rainfall that will remit in the afternoon. The snow level will drop from 1,900 meters to 1,000 meters. The minimum temperatures will descend with weak frosts in the Iberian. West component wind, with strong gusts in the Iberian.
– ARAGÓN: cloudy sky with rains in the Pyrenees, while in the rest there will be cloudy intervals with a probability of dispersed and intermittent rainfall in the Iberian. The snow level will drop from 1,500 / 1,700 meters to 1,000 meters. Lower temperatures, with frost in the Pyrenees. Loose or moderate wind of west component.
– CATALUÑA: cloudy sky with rains in the Pyrenees and showers in the northeast. In the rest, there will be cloudy intervals with a chance of scattered showers in the northern half. The snow level will drop from 1,500 / 1,700 meters to 1,000 meters. Lower temperatures with frost in the Pyrenees. At the ends of the coast, the wind will blow loose from the northwest direction and it will get moderate to moderate, while on the central coast, it will blow loose from the east component, and in the rest, from the west component.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy intervals with probability of scattered weak rainfall. During the day, cloudiness will decrease and rainfall will disappear, although they will persist in the northern mountains. Slight drop in temperatures. Northwest wind.
– MADRID: cloudy sky during the early morning, with light rains and scattered showers. Clearings will open in the south during the morning and rainfall will disappear. In the mountains, there will be rainfall with snow levels that will descend from 1,800 meters to 1,000 meters. Lower temperatures, especially in the mountains, where weak frosts are expected at high levels. Northwest wind.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: overcast sky with weak rainfall during the early morning, with clearings opening in the west during the morning. From noon, slightly cloudy skies are expected, except in much of Guadalajara, the Serranía de Cuenca and the mountains of the southeast, where it can rain weakly and in the form of snow above 900 / 1,000 meters. Lower temperatures in the mountainous areas of Guadalajara and Cuenca, with weak frosts at high levels of the Central System and of the Iberian. Wind from northwest and west directions.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy intervals with dispersed and intermittent rainfall, which will be less likely on the coast. The snow level will drop from 1,800 meters to 1,000 / 1,200 meters. The minimum temperatures will reach the end of the day. Light to moderate wind of west component.
– MURCIA: little cloudy sky, which will tend to cloudy with occasional rainfall during the afternoon. Ascent of maximum temperatures. West component wind, which will get worse during the afternoon, with occasional very strong gusts in the high areas.
– BALEARIC: little cloudy sky with rising clouds that will give way to an overcast sky during the afternoon. Locally strong rains and showers that may be accompanied by a storm. Decrease in night temperatures and slight rise in daytime. West component wind that will turn north component overnight.
– ANDALUCÍA: slightly cloudy sky that will increase to cloudy in the Mediterranean coast, while in the rest of the region a sky is expected covered with occasional rainfall, more frequent in the mountains. Overcast sky is expected throughout the afternoon. Ascent of local temperatures. West component wind, which will increase during the afternoon at strong intensity with very strong gusts at the eastern end.
– CANARY ISLANDS: In the north and northeast of the islands of greater relief, the sky will be covered with weak rainfall, which can be locally moderate and persistent in the middle east. In Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and other areas there will be cloudy intervals. Temperatures with few changes. Moderate northeast wind, which will blow strongly at the northwest and southeast ends and in the middle and highlands.
. (tagsToTranslate) temperatures (t) collapse (t) expect (t) copious (t) snowfall