The strong winds and rain in the early hours of the day will be protagonists today, Friday, in the northern half of the Peninsula with temperatures rising in the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands, while in the Canary Islands they will fall slightly, according to the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
Among the significant phenomena, Aemet highlights persistent rainfall in the Pyrenees, with significant snowfall at high levels.
There will also be very strong wind in the eastern Cantabrian and high levels of the Pyrenees. Strong in Asturias, northern Galicia, Central and Iberian systems, rest of the eastern peninsular third, Balearic Islands, Andalusian Mediterranean coast and western Canary Islands.
The agency expects cloudy skies tomorrow or covered with rain in the northern peninsular third, which can be moderate and persistent in the Pyrenees and tending to cease throughout the day in the Cantabrian.
In the rest of the Atlantic slope it will be initially cloudy or overcast, with rains in mountain areas, opening clear and remitting rainfall throughout the day.
In the Mediterranean area only medium and high cloud intervals are expected. In the Canary Islands, cloudy intervals in the north and slightly cloudy or clear in the south.
The snow level in the Pyrenees will be 1800 meters up to 2200 m.
Temperatures rise in the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands, especially the lows in the interior of the southern half, which do so notably. Weak frosts only in high Pyrenees. In the Canary Islands they fall slightly.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES
– GALICIA: Covered with widespread rains and showers, which will be occasional and scattered in the east during the second half of the day. Minimum temperatures rising and maximum without significant changes.
West wind turning southwest, which will be strong at the north end of the coast, where very strong gusts are expected as well as in the southeastern areas during the first half of the day.
– ASTURIAS: Cloudy or overcast, decreasing at cloudy intervals in the afternoon. Light showers and showers that will subside during the second half of the day, persisting in the extreme southwest.
Temperatures will experience a slight increase in the highs that may remain unchanged in the west; the minimums will be given locally at the end of the day. West and southwest wind, strong on the coast and in high areas where very strong gusts are expected.
– CANTABRIA: Cloudy or overcast tending in the afternoon at cloudy intervals. Rains and heavy rain early in the morning, locally persistent, which will tend to remit in the morning.
Temperatures in slight increase, more pronounced in the south. On the coast, strong west wind with very strong gusts. Inside, west component wind with very strong gusts in the east until noon.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: Cloudy or overcast tending in the afternoon at cloudy intervals. Rains and showers in the early morning that may be persistent and locally strong in the north, tending to remit from midday.
Temperatures rising slightly, more pronounced in the south. On the coast, strong west wind with very strong gusts. Inside, west component wind with very strong gusts in the north until noon.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: Cloudy or overcast with scattered weak rainfall, especially in mountain areas. Rising temperatures, which can be noticeable in the southeast lows. Winds from the west and southwest with strong gusts, and very strong in mountain areas.
– NAVARRA: Cloudy or covered with widespread rainfall that will be locally strong and persistent in the northern third. In the rest, cloudy tending to cloudy intervals with likely weak rainfall in the first half of the day. The snow level will be around 2,000 meters.
Temperatures will rise and west component wind is expected with very strong gusts in the northern third, tending to the northwest.
– LA RIOJA: Cloudy to cover with clearing in the afternoon. Weak rainfall, unlikely in the Lower Bank and more frequent and intense in the mountains. Rising temperatures Winds from the west and northwest with strong gusts, and very strong in the Iberian.
– ARAGÓN: In the Pyrenees, cloudy or covered with locally persistent rainfall. In the rest, cloudy with a chance of precipitation in the northern third in the morning, remitting during the afternoon and tending to cloudiness in general.
Rising temperatures, locally notable. Moderate to strong west wind with very strong gusts.
– CATALUÑA: In the Pyrenees, locally persistent rainfall, especially in the Aran Valley. Very strong gusts of wind from the west, especially in the southern half and Pyrenees.
In the Pyrenees it will be cloudy or covered with locally persistent rainfall, especially in the Aran Valley. In the rest, cloudy with a probability of precipitation in the northern half in the morning, sending and tending in general to slightly cloudy.
Rising temperatures, locally notable. Moderate to strong west wind with very strong gusts, especially in the southern half and Pyrenees.
– EXTREMADURA: Cloudy to cover with opening of clearings in the afternoon. Weak discarded rainfall in the Central System in the first half of the day. Rising temperatures, which will be notable in the minimum. Winds from the west, with strong gusts in the Central System.
– MADRID: Overcast decreasing to cloudy in the Sierra and at intervals of high clouds in the rest of the community in the afternoon. Mist and morning fog banks in the Sierra. In the first half of the day there will be weak rains in the Sierra.
Rising temperatures, although the maximum will not experience changes in the Sierra. Winds from the west and southwest with very strong gusts in the Sierra, decreasing in the afternoon.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: Cloudy or overcast decreasing in the afternoon to cloudy in the mountain areas and at cloudy intervals in the rest. Mist and morning fog banks in mountain areas. Weak and scattered showers in the first half of the day in the mountain areas.
Rising temperatures, notably the minimum in most areas. Winds of the west component decreasing to lazy in the afternoon in the western half and with very strong gusts in the eastern half, also easing in the afternoon.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: Little cloudy with intervals of high clouds. Rising temperatures, locally notable in the interior minima. Moderate to strong west wind with very strong gusts, especially in the interior, especially in Castellón.
– MURCIA: Cloudy skies with a predominance of high clouds. Temperatures will rise, which will be noticeable in the minimums. Occasionally strong northwest winds, with very strong gusts in the Altiplano and Northwest.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: Cloudy sky with medium and high clouds. Rising temperatures Strong west wind, with gusts of 70 to 80 kilometers per hour, which at the peaks and ends can reach 120 kilometers per hour.
– ANDALUSIA: Cloudy skies, with precipitation, which will be more likely and frequent in the mountains of the eastern interior, where they can be locally persistent, opening clear at the end of the day.
Temperatures in general ascent, notable in the minimum. Winds of the west component, strong with very strong gusts in the eastern half and Mediterranean coast.
CANARY ISLANDS: In Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, predominance of cloudy skies opening clear from midday. In the north of the islands of greater relief, predominance of cloudy skies or covered with low probability of weak and occasional rains in the first and last hours. In other areas, slightly cloudy or clear.
Temperatures unchanged or in slight decrease. Northeast wind with strong intervals during the early hours, when locally very strong gusts are likely in high areas and southeast and northwest slopes of the islands of greater relief.
. (tagsToTranslate) Strong (t) wind (t) rain (t) half (t) peninsular