October 29, 2020

Sony will not go to the Barcelona Mobile Congress for the coronavirus



The technology company Sony announced on Monday that it will not go to the Mobile World Congress (MWC) of Barcelona, ​​as a result of the coronavirus, for the safety of customers, partners and employees of the company and after following closely the evolution of the virus, has announced the company.

Sony thus joins other companies such as LG, Ericsson or Amazon, which have decided to unsubscribe from the event, which is scheduled to be held the last week of February.

“Since we place the greatest importance on the safety and well-being of our clients, partners, journalists and employees, we have made the difficult decision to withdraw our exhibitor and participation in the MWC 2020 in Barcelona, ​​Spain,” says the company.

Sony has explained that the press conference they planned for the 24th at 8.30 am to publicize their news remains, but it will be through the official YouTube channel of Xperia, their mobile brand.

“It is a very tough situation, but we will do our best and that is what we want to convey” in that video, a company spokesman told Efe when asked about the decision.

The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the coronavirus as an international health emergency on January 30 before the rapid increase of cases, mainly in China.

.



Source link