1. Renfe plans to launch a low cost AVE with tickets up to 40% cheaper. Launch of new services and exit abroad. These are the axes on which Renfe will rely to overcome the liberalization of passenger rail transport, which will be carried out before the end of 2020. This is stated in the strategic plan 2019-2023 of the railway operator, which was presented on Thursday by the company's president, Isaías Táboas, to the media.
2. Uber and Cabify put an end to their operations in Barcelona. Uber and Cabify have decided to comply with their threat and leave their activities in Barcelona, once the decree law that regulates the VTC in Catalonia has come into force. In the case of Uber, the company has announced that it suspends its operations in Barcelona and Cabify added that after reviewing the new legal text "it concludes that this regulation has as its sole objective the direct expulsion of the Cabify application and its collaborating companies in Catalonia and Barcelona ».
3. «It seems that Spain has the most expensive light in the Universe», ironizes Energy. The Secretary of State for Energy, José Domínguez, said today in Congress that "we alarm unnecessarily and it seems that Spain has the price of the most expensive light in Europe and the entire Universe, and that is not the case» Dominguez responded in this way in the commission of Energy to the spokesman of the PP, José Alberto Herrero, who had echoed the information published yesterday in these pages in which it was indicated that the average price of electricity had gone up 24% in January in the wholesale market.
4. The food delivery platforms ask for a labor law for their "riders" according to the times. The food delivery platform at home is under the magnitude of the Labor Inspection for the employment relationship they have with their delivery drivers, also known as "riders". There have already been several trials where they have been convicted for employing false self-employed workers and, despite the fact that they have also had victorious litigation, by 2019 there are more appointments in the courts.
5. The volume of the basket of the purchase of the Spanish falls for the first time since the recovery after the crisis. The Spaniards filled the shopping cart with 0.7% less consumer products last year. This figure was the first decline in demand in this sector since the recovery in 2015 after years of crisis in our country. Despite this slowdown, this market rose by 2.6% to 82,000 million euros, and remained "among those who grow more in Europe"