The State Agency of Meteorology (Aemet) foresees for today, Thursday, squalls in the Balearic Islands and northern peninsular, with a generalized rise in temperatures in most of the country.
Rainfall is expected in the Cantabrian area, Navarra and Alto Ebro, which will be persistent, especially in the east of the Basque Country, Galicia and the western Cantabrian. In addition, rains of less intensity are expected at the beginning of the day in Melilla, the Catalan coast, the south coast of Levante and Almeria
The sky will be cloudy in almost all the Peninsula, except in the Mediterranean area and southwest quadrant. In the Canary Islands, weak precipitation may occur, more likely in the north.
Temperatures will rise in most of the country, except in the northwest and northeast extremes and in the Balearic and Canary archipelagos. Weak frosts are expected in mountain areas and in high areas of the North Plateau.
The wind will blow of northern component in the peninsular east and Canary Islands, of western component in the Alborán coast, northwest of Galicia and Cantabrian coast, with intervals of strong in Melilla and of the southwest to north in the Balearics.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES:
- GALICIA: covered sky, with morning rains in A Mariña, which will intensify throughout the afternoon. Rainfall will be less intense and frequent in the southeast. Minimum temperatures in light and maximum descent with few changes. South and southwest winds, strong and with possible strong gusts in A Mariña and loose in the southeast.
- ASTURIAS: covered skies, with early morning rains on the coast, which will return at the end of the day. Snow level at 1,400-1,500 meters in the morning and will rise throughout the day to above 2,000 meters. Maximum temperatures at the end of the day. Southwest wind, loose in the interior and more intense on the coast.
- CANTABRIA: covered sky, with cloudy intervals of medium and high clouds in the afternoon, weak rains and occasional and scattered showers, which will be unlikely in the extreme south and more frequent and intense the farther north. Snow level around 1,400-1,500 meters that will rise at the end of the afternoon above 1,800. Minimum temperatures with light and maximum changes in light ascent. Weak frosts in the southwest. On the coast, wind of western component with intervals of strong in the morning, which will decrease in the afternoon and roll to the southern component loose at the end of the day, and in the interior, winds of western component, which will turn to southern component at the end of the day
- BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy sky, which will tend to be covered in the afternoon, mainly of medium and high clouds, weak rains and occasional and scattered showers, which will be unlikely in the far south and more likely and intense towards the north. Minimum temperatures unchanged in the north and in a slight decrease in the south and maximum ascents. Wind of western component in the coast, with intervals of strong in the morning, which will decrease in the afternoon and will roll to the loose southern component at the end of the day in the whole community.
- CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the north, overcast sky, with weak precipitation in the northeast at the beginning of the day and which will reactivate at the end in the northwest and far north. In the rest, cloudy sky. Snow level above 1,400 to 1,600 meters. Likely mists and morning mists. Minimum temperatures without changes in the northwest and in descent in the rest and maximum without changes in the northwest and rising in the rest. Weak frosts in mountain areas and more dispersed in high areas of plateau. Winds from the west and northwest that will tend to the southwest, loose in general.
- NAVARRA: cloudy skies will predominate, with some early morning clearings in the south, predominance in the afternoon of medium and high clouds and weak rains and occasional and scattered showers, which will be unlikely in the extreme south and more frequent towards the north and that will increase in intensity in the Cantabrian slope. Snow level around 1,400 meters in the Pyrenees and will rise to 1,600-1,700 meters at the end. Minimum temperatures in light descent, more pronounced in the Ribera, and maximum in ascent, light in the north and more pronounced towards the south. Weak frosts at high levels of the Pyrenees. Loose wind of western component that will tend to variable at the end.
- LA RIOJA: covered sky, with precipitation at the beginning of the day, which could be re-registered at the end of the day in Rioja Alta. Level of snow of 1,600 or 1,800 meters. Minimum temperatures without changes and maximum ascents. Weak frosts in the Iberian. North and northwest winds that will turn west and southwest.
- ARAGON: sky with cloudy intervals and precipitation, especially in the extreme northwest during the first half of the day, of snow above 1,400-1,600 meters, without ruling out fogs and morning fog banks. Minimum temperatures in descent in the Pyrenees and maximum in ascent in general. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees and in points of the Iberian Teruel. Variable wind weak, which will tend from noon to northwest weak.
- CATALONIA: Cloudy sky, without discarding squalls with early morning storms on the central and northern coast. Mists and morning fog banks in the interior. Minimum temperatures in descent and maximum in ascent, especially in the northern third. Weak frosts in the Pyrenees. Variable wind weak, which will tend from noon to northwest weak to moderate at both ends of the coast.
- EXTREMADURA: little cloudy sky, with high cloudiness at the end of the day, without ruling out fogs and morning fog banks. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease, more pronounced in the south, and rising maximums. Winds from the west and northwest, loose.
- MADRID: covered sky at dawn, without ruling out any weak precipitation in the Sierra, which would be in the form of snow between 1,200 and 1,400 meters. They will open clear in the morning and the sky will tend to little cloudy, although with some intervals in the afternoon. Probable fogs and morning fog banks in the south. Minimum temperatures that descend in high levels of the Sierra and remain with few changes in the rest and increasing maximums, more pronounced in the south of the Community. Slack wind tending to northwest.
- CASTILLA - LA MANCHA: cloudy skies until midday, without ruling out weak rains at dawn in the northeast, which could leave snow between 1,400 and 1,600 meters. The sky will tend to little cloudy although with intervals in the central hours. Likely mists and banks of morning mists, especially in La Mancha. Minimum temperatures with slight changes and maximum increases. Weak frosts in general in Parameras, in the Serrania and in La Mancha. Loose wind of southern component at the beginning of the day, which will tend to northwest and north and will increase in the southeast of the Community.
- VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: in the southern third, cloudy intervals, without ruling out an occasional shower on the coast, and in the rest, a little cloudy sky, with morning intervals of low clouds in areas of the interior. Temperatures without major changes, except for a rise in the maximum inside. Low variable wind, with moderate northeast intervals in the littorals and moderate northwest in the interior of Castellón.
- MURCIA: Cloudy skies, which will tend at cloudy intervals, without ruling out weak rains at dawn in the southern half of the Region, most likely in Campo de Cartagena during the first half of the day, where they can be accompanied by storms. Minimum temperatures with few changes, with weak frosts in high areas of the Northwest, and rising highs, more pronounced in the interior. Winds of north or northwest component, which will turn northeast in Campo de Cartagena, and decrease in the afternoon.
- BALEARES: cloudy sky, with heavy rain and showers and storm. Night temperatures in descent and diurnal in slight ascent. Southwest wind, strong at dawn, which will rotate from noon to north and northeast.
- ANDALUCÍA: cloudy skies in the eastern end and Melilla in the early hours, without discarding showers, more likely in Melilla, where they will be occasionally stormy in the morning. Clear sky in the rest, except for morning intervals of low clouds and mists. Minimum rising temperatures in the Mediterranean coast, with weak frosts in high areas, and rising maximums. Winds of western or northwest component, loose in the interior, that will tend to loose variables in the afternoon in the Mediterranean coast and inland areas. West in the Strait, which will diminish at the end.
- CANARY ISLANDS: in the north of the islands of greater relief, the cloudy skies will predominate with weak rains during the morning and beginning of the afternoon. In Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, cloudy intervals with weak and scattered rains in the first half of the day. In the rest, cloudy intervals with a predominance of little cloud at the end. Temperatures with few changes or slight rise. Wind from light to moderate, of north component in the western islands and of the northwest in the oriental ones, that will turn to northeast and will intensify during the second half of the day.