– In the monologue you’re on tour with, ‘La penultimate’, do you talk about your life, the current situation or is it a fiction?
– It is not fiction and I am not talking about the current situation. I talk about things in my life, my experiences, women, neighbors, dogs, many things. They are sometimes sad things, sometimes happy, but always humorous.
– Your life goes a long way, you have anecdotes for a good time …
– Damn, at 64, imagine, with everything I’ve traveled …
– You have done a lot of theater, cinema and monologues, but I think people know more about your life than about your work.
– People talk a lot about others and often without knowing them. You will know what they tell you, because for them to tell you you really would have to talk to people who live and relate to me. Then they tell people a story and uff, you understand me.
– You are a myth to many.
– I’m glad people like me and share my opinions, but not everything I tell or say means that I think that way, are often exaggerations.
– How do you handle the new normal?
– Fuck male, you say about the coronavirusRight son?
– Yes. You are very critical of what is happening.
– Well I think government management is not adequate and, on the other hand, I do not know where this curse has come from, but it is terrible because it has changed the lives of absolutely all of us, and specifically the people who work with the public. It has hurt us in an impressive way.
– Are you going to join the protests on September 17 in the world of culture and entertainment?
– Damn, don’t make me get into politics, I don’t like it because then they manipulate me and I don’t feel like it.
– Okay, what happened to Wikipedia, that they gave you up for dead from coronavirus?
– Yes, it was a Joke of bad taste – Disagreeable joke, it came out on Wikipedia, impressive. With all the bastards out there plus the amount of manipulation there is with the information, just like they do to me that they can do to you tomorrow. The truth is that I would love to know who did it. I have no idea who put that hoax.
– Could it be a kind of revenge for your opinions?
– Indeed, do not doubt it, but I do not take revenge on people who think differently. I respect that people think otherwise.
– Can’t you give your opinion freely?
– No, not right now. There is no worse censorship than opinion censorship.
– What do you think of the culture of cancellation in the USA, if I don’t like what you say, I’ll cancel?
– That too, imagine that because I think one thing tomorrow they throw you out of the newspaper or whatever job it is, as a mechanic. If it does not matter, if it is milk.
– Have you been canceled in Spain for your opinions?
– They say yes, but I’m not sure.
– Explain yourself.
– But do you work in the police or in a newspaper? (laughs) I imagine that things may have been canceled for me because perhaps the employer was against my ideas, which I don’t know how he will have interpreted them. If possible, They have told me that some bowling pins have been canceledThey have also told me that some bowling has been canceled and it was a lie, because of other problems, but not because of those, I just can’t tell you.
– What problems?
– Hey, man, I don’t work for gossip magazines, son.
– If you don’t want to talk about your opinions, the current situation or the culture, what do we talk about?
– You want to talk about my personal life, politics and opinions, you want me to somehow commit myself to doing the same as others do and I ask you if you can be more honest I would appreciate it … Well, I’ve already told you, yes, they have told me that they have canceled me because of my way of thinking or whatever and then other times I have found out that that gig had not been canceled because of that, but because of an infrastructure problem .
– By capacity and safety regulations?
– For capacity it does not usually happen, fortunately not for me. Well, it happened to me that I have gone to work in places where they did not even know that I was going, but because the businessman had not bothered to advertise it, he paid the town hall and they didn’t care, imagine.
– I was surprised that you come with Miki Dkai.
– Why are you surprised?
– Because you make a very different humor.
– Sure, it has nothing to do, precisely because of that. I met him and I liked him because he has a style that had nothing to do with mine. I hired him to work in the Madrid marquee, he would introduce me with his monologue and we started doing things and writing, and here we are working together.
– Is working in a small theater very different from doing it outdoors on a big stage like this Saturday?
– The sound is usually worse, I am more used to working in the theater, but I have done outdoor shows that have worked, but it is different because the public reacts in a different way, it is less concentrated, it is another roll.
– What bothers you the most right now?
– Many things like everyone else, but what bothers me the most is the manipulation what is in the information and in attacking the personal lives of people by telling hoaxes, whatever they are.
– Do you feel like a victim of the media?
– I am not a victim, the media are there to do good and evil, sometimes they will screw you, sometimes to say what you have said and others to manipulate and write what they want but it is a risk that you have to take, there is no other.
– But if the media pamper you and love you.
– Well, you don’t know what joy you give me because there’s nothing better than people saying you’re a nice guy before they tell you you’re a bastard and shit.